Author Topic: transaction is over the size limit  (Read 3525 times)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Re: transaction is over the size limit
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 11:30:20 pm »
 I have only 4 addresses in my wallet. I had sent pts only two times.
After change the source code,  I can send free now.
What's the bug? That you can't send free transactions?

It happened to me too, when I used the official windows version Qt. Somethimes I wanted to send PTS to another address, I was required to pay for a fee to accelerate the transaction, 0.01PTS or even 0.02...It`s not reseanable paticularly when the price becomes very high. The reason is because there are too many changes addresses in your wallet with very small amount. Some people resolved it by modifying the wallet so that you can spicify sending address, then you don`t need the changes addresses.  For example, a discussion in this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=in4dhasc6tmo1klajefpamj3d7&topic=24784.0;all

Offline alt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 11:25:06 pm »
Yes, I can't send free transactions. Always ask me for a fee of 0.01 pts

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 10:12:00 pm »

It happened to me too, when I used the official windows version Qt. Somethimes I wanted to send PTS to another address, I was required to pay for a fee to accelerate the transaction, 0.01PTS or even 0.02...It`s not reseanable paticularly when the price becomes very high. The reason is because there are too many changes addresses in your wallet with very small amount. Some people resolved it by modifying the wallet so that you can spicify sending address, then you don`t need the changes addresses.  For example, a discussion in this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=in4dhasc6tmo1klajefpamj3d7&topic=24784.0;all 
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 05:21:01 pm »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline alt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 12:47:41 pm »
It's my fault, I don't know why gdb  executed main.cpp:598 twice, the first is wrong, the second is correct ....
I compile with -O0, gdb execute here only once.

And I think here is the problem
wallet.cpp:1279
 -               bool fAllowFree = false;//CTransaction::AllowFree(dPriority);
 +              bool fAllowFree = true;//CTransaction::AllowFree(dPriority);

I think something is wrong, but I don't know how to debug with the templater....

src/wallet.cpp:1269
                unsigned int nBytes = ::GetSerializeSize(*(CTransaction*)&wtxNew, SER_NETWORK, PROTOCOL_VERSION);
                here  nBytes is 225

src/wallet.cpp:1280
                int64 nMinFee = wtxNew.GetMinFee(1, fAllowFree, GMF_SEND);
src/main.cpp:598
    unsigned int nBytes = ::GetSerializeSize(*this, SER_NETWORK, PROTOCOL_VERSION);

here  nBytes becoming  222585704, I don't know what happened...

every time I want to send pts to others, always ask me for a fee of 0.01 pts. I don't know why, here is the info:

This transaction is over the size limit. You can still send it for a fee of 0.01 PTS, which goes to the nodes that process your transaction and helps to support the network. Do you want to pay the fee?

You should pay the fee if you want rapid processing, but many miners will accept it with lower fees.

Offline alt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 09:19:30 am »
I think something is wrong, but I don't know how to debug with the templater....

src/wallet.cpp:1269
                unsigned int nBytes = ::GetSerializeSize(*(CTransaction*)&wtxNew, SER_NETWORK, PROTOCOL_VERSION);
                here  nBytes is 225

src/wallet.cpp:1280
                int64 nMinFee = wtxNew.GetMinFee(1, fAllowFree, GMF_SEND);
src/main.cpp:598
    unsigned int nBytes = ::GetSerializeSize(*this, SER_NETWORK, PROTOCOL_VERSION);

here  nBytes becoming  222585704, I don't know what happened...

every time I want to send pts to others, always ask me for a fee of 0.01 pts. I don't know why, here is the info:

This transaction is over the size limit. You can still send it for a fee of 0.01 PTS, which goes to the nodes that process your transaction and helps to support the network. Do you want to pay the fee?

You should pay the fee if you want rapid processing, but many miners will accept it with lower fees.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:21:15 am »

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
transaction is over the size limit
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 06:04:17 am »