Author Topic: Sollywood TV : Sollars and $ense Pre-Campaign Update + Proposal  (Read 12161 times)

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

How about.. CHA₦GE you can believe in!!

Oh wait.. I think that one's been taken. Drat.

Haha! Good one  :P
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

How about.. CHA₦GE you can believe in!!

Oh wait.. I think that one's been taken. Drat.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline noisy

If you want to use brand "New Money", maybe you consider "₦ew Money"?
Then you could use "₦" symbol everywhere:

"₦othing will stop us!"
"CHA₦GE is coming!"

Actually in my opinion "CHA₦GE" would be great as a name for brand.

In the promotion video:

"What you can do with your CHA₦GE? You can put it into piggybank. You can throw it into the fountain and say a wish. Or you can actually buy a 2 hours long movie!"

"This is disruption. This is CHA₦GE."

This is simple, have currency connotation ( ₦ like $ or ฿), its one word instead of two, it is even more disruptive, emphasize the fact that you can use your pennies to get something.

Contrary to your point about Uber, Uber has many brands. Uber has one name and many brands ie UberEats, UberX, UberXL, UberSelect, UberBlack, UberPool, UberPop and not to talk of their upcoming driverless car service. So saying you are confused about multiple brands is like saying you are confused about Amazon having Amazon Fire, AWS, Amazon Payments, Washington Post, Prime etc or Facebook having Messenger, Paper, Facebook, Parcel, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus or Google having Android TV, Gmail, RSS, Google Maps, Google Play, and the million other brands they have.

At the beginning  company should have one brand. Actually brand should be the name of the company. Like "Uber", "Google" or "Facebook". Later when everyone already know this names, it is easier to create new brands based on main brand, like "Google Glass", "Google Play", "UberSelect",  "UberX".

It is much cheaper to promote one brand which at the same time is a company name. Please think about that :)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:54:27 pm by noisy »
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

@SolomonSollarsNSense

I thought PayPal was the New Money

Exactly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dF9t_xQGks

I also don't think, that "New Money" is good name. If you want to do something to your industry, then the name of the product should somehow be related with you industry. The exception is, when you want to create totally new brand, and you have a lot of funds, to create new brand and teach people what name of your brand actually mean.

----------------

And to be honest, I also didn't get it, why you need worker proposal. Bitshares is a tool created for entrepreneurs. Some of us believe that we should not pay anyone for using our product.

To create a successful worker proposal, you will have to convince us, that Bitshares network will benefit from this.

If your worker proposal be accepted, that will mean, that you will be employed by bitshares blockchain. So the question is, what you can do as bitshares emploee for bitshares?

How about something like NewFlix or New Stream.

Hey thanks for the suggestion! But we are going to go ahead and stick with New Money. As Steve Jobs would say "It just works"
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

I didn't write that down, so I will.

In general, I think that your project is amazing, especially after I saw how you presented it. Really dude, this is awesome.

Unfortunately I will not be able to lend any of my video talents to anything else but this New Money project.

And this is really, really sad :(

Makes$ense

I am not sure, why you want to create a brand "New Money"... and still you are using everywhere symbol of old money - $. This is not consistent.

What do you exactly mean by "New Money". Bitshares? (why rename it?). Did you mean by "New Money" BitAssets like bitUSD? Or new "User Issued Tocket" like "SOLC"?

To be honest I am confused by amount of new brands:

- Sollywood TV
- Sollars and $ense
- New Money

Uber has one name.

Hey noisy,

Thanks for your enthusiasm for this project! It is greatly appreciated! These questions are always great to help others understand what this project is about.

Sollars and Sense: Smart Money is dubbed as the smart version of what Americans have in their bank accounts. Therefore symbols used with a new twist are not contrary but actually beneficial for them. You underestimate the amount of laziness people have when trying to completely learn something new when they currently have something that works for them. This is especially true when it comes to banking. Banking and TVs are the hardest habits for people to change. The easier we can make that transition the better. Therefore the symbols and brands are perfect. Especially for mainstream consumers and Americans.

This is a project powered by Bitshares technology. Not a Bitshares project. Therefore Bitshares plays a backend role. Linux to Apple. What I mean by 'New Money' is Sollars and Sense: Smart Money (or New Money). As I said in my hang out Sollars and Sense is the key to showing everyday consumers how new money technologies can change their lives today (not tomorrow). So it is simultaneously Smart Money and New Money. And we start it in Hollywood.

How can pay pal be New Money? When it uses old Money? They are the ones not using the brand right. I am. A little competition never hurt anyone so we will see what consumers think about who is using the brand right and how it resonates with them. They are actually helping us out by getting mainstream consumers familiar with the phrase.

I dont think New Money is a good name I think it is a GREAT name.

PayPal is actually a validation of my New Money brand not a deterrent. I came up with the brand long before they were using it as evident by my posting since early last year about it. The fact that a company with a multi-billion dollar market cap and a professional marketing department are using the same brand I am shows little ol' me here with my unknown project actually knows what he is talking about. With that said the brand of New Money will not be changing. I know what I am doing.

Contrary to your point about Uber, Uber has many brands. Uber has one name and many brands ie UberEats, UberX, UberXL, UberSelect, UberBlack, UberPool, UberPop and not to talk of their upcoming driverless car service. So saying you are confused about multiple brands is like saying you are confused about Amazon having Amazon Fire, AWS, Amazon Payments, Washington Post, Prime etc or Facebook having Messenger, Paper, Facebook, Parcel, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus or Google having Android TV, Gmail, RSS, Google Maps, Google Play, and the million other brands they have.

We simply have different brands for different products. Modularity is hardly a precedent set by what we are doing here. Its actually beneficial in the long run. The overall brand is New Money which manifests itself in various ways as sollars and Sense will enter various industries. If you simply do not see the benefits of this project then you like everyone else will have the freedom to ignore it or not participate in what we are doing. Just remember we all ignored Ethereum and complained about all the things that were wrong with it and now look at where they are. Hope this helps.

Offline konelectric

@SolomonSollarsNSense

I also don't think, that "New Money" is good name. If you want to do something to your industry, then the name of the product should somehow be related with you industry. The exception is, when you want to create totally new brand, and you have a lot of funds, to create new brand and teach people what name of your brand actually mean.

----------------

And to be honest, I also didn't get it, why you need worker proposal. Bitshares is a tool created for entrepreneurs. Some of us believe that we should not pay anyone for using our product.

To create a successful worker proposal, you will have to convince us, that Bitshares network will benefit from this.

If your worker proposal be accepted, that will mean, that you will be employed by bitshares blockchain. So the question is, what you can do as bitshares emploee for bitshares?

How about something like NewFlix or New Stream.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline noisy

I didn't write that down, so I will.

In general, I think that your project is amazing, especially after I saw how you presented it. Really dude, this is awesome.

Unfortunately I will not be able to lend any of my video talents to anything else but this New Money project.

And this is really, really sad :(

Makes$ense

I am not sure, why you want to create a brand "New Money"... and still you are using everywhere symbol of old money - $. This is not consistent.

What do you exactly mean by "New Money". Bitshares? (why rename it?). Did you mean by "New Money" BitAssets like bitUSD? Or new "User Issued Tocket" like "SOLC"?

To be honest I am confused by amount of new brands:

- Sollywood TV
- Sollars and $ense
- New Money

Uber has one name.
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline noisy

@SolomonSollarsNSense

----------------

Offline konelectric

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 09:41:29 pm by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Thank you all for the wonderful response! I really appreciate them all! I did not expect these many responses so I’ll try to cover the general points most individuals asked.

1. First and foremost thank you all who commented on the professionalism. It took me nearly half the year to put this together. I did it mostly by myself. The script, the visual story everything so it means a lot. I hope I have shown at the very least that I have rightfully earned my nickname Sollywood over my career as a storyteller  :)

2. Powered by Bitshares as a brand along with Bitshares (and now MUSE (and possibly ShareBits)) will be used in terms of its technology aspect. This is reserved for the KickStarter [the video and on the actual KickStarter page.] This means when Millennials, Press and anyone else comes to our project they will first and foremost know Bitshares technology is powering what we are actually doing. But it is the Back-End brand so to speak. Not the front end. The main brand as a larger meta project is New Money and as the particular product is Sollywood TV w/Sollars and $ense: Smart Money. (Smart Money also doubling as New Money as it is the aspect of the project that is allowing for Hollywood's disruption.)

Bitshares will also get write ups on the New Money blog which is almost ready to debut. And will also get brief mentions in our professional articles that are written to pump up the KickStarter. We will be looking to work with a professional KickStarter marketing company to make that happen. We are looking to use the one that has raised millions of dollars for multiple KickStarters. Including two companies I know based here in Chicago which launched on KickStarter.

But understand, in terms of marketing, Bitshares will strictly be about technology (the linux of finance). This is what I have been describing from the very beginning of last year when I came out the crypto-closet. Nothing has changed. Don’t worry too much about it. I’ve got it under control. Why New Money? Because it has been Millennially (I made up that word) tested and they love it.

3. In terms of sequel. The sequel will be the actual KickStarter video which will tackle the subject from a story plus product side (typical KickStarter video). Many well known Bitshares developers will be starring in it. Details coming soon  ;D

We may also make some visual videos to some of the episodes which can be viewed on the OP of this thread. But now they have become irrelevant to use as things have been picking up with this first video. People actually get the product.

4. Thank you PTSWarrior for noticing the numbers! That was actually one of the aspects that I thought would be hard to convey in terms of fitting the voice over. But the idea just came to me in a split second and I made it. Glad it worked because it actually illustrates why short filmmakers and other content creators who generally get ignored by the market can now actually make a ton of money when they are pricing with us. This is especially true if you are making 80-90% of every transaction for those views. Think about that.

5. You can rest assure Cob and I have been talking and will continue to work together where it makes $ense for the current state of our projects. Very nice guy and he absolutely gets it too. The Millennial market and the potential. It's kind of weird to tell you the truth. Formal announcements will come soon.

6. Xeroc you made an EXCELLENT point and I’m glad you noticed that. We are taking this project STRAIGHT to a mainstream audience. I was not kidding. This will  have nothing to do with Crypto and watch us take over Bitcoin. People will not believe their eyes when it happens. They just don't understand how investors and everyone else outside the crypto-bubble sees the Millennial market and the crazy amounts of money they are willing to put into companies or projects that have their eyeballs. Uber, Square, Venmo, SnapChat, WhatsApp ($19 BILLION), AirBnB. Check all these companys' pre-revenue valuations. I tried to explained this last year. No crypto project has the Millennial market or a product that can appeal to them today. Cob and I do. UNDERSTAND THAT GUYS. BITSHARES DOES! Bitshares has what no one else has. And I've also got the visual skills to speak to Millennials in their language. That's a cherry on top.

7. If you still haven’t gotten what the project is about no worries. Its not meant to be understood by everyone. No platform is and I have come to understand that. But I can assure you content creators and Millennials are jumping out of their minds at what we are about to do. Its really sobering...

Unfortunately I will not be able to lend any of my video talents to anything else but this New Money project. There is still much to be done and it has become serious as we are beginning to talk to Content Creators who are actually interested in using the product after the KickStarter. Resources and time are limited until this event and its subsequent crowdsale happen. But by then if we are successful I will be running a tech start up known as the killer app of digital currency here in Chicago. Which was my purpose for this all along.

Again that is why we are running the KickStarter in the first place. To raise the funds necessary to take this to the next level. We will be announcing shortly how individuals in the community can now get behind this project in a tangible way. This is strictly if you want to. There will be a token to provide the proper incentives. Details coming soon.

Finally I want to say one of my Film professors who I respect. A professor that hates everything everyone does actually praised the film. I was shocked. If you knew him you would be shocked. But he said its going to change everything. It was another moment and I am glad people are seeing it. It really makes me believe we have that one way ticket to the moon...  :D

#Makes$ense

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Your video-making capabilities and your voice are both awesome. In addition, you have a good sense of the larger picture involved in this project. But I had a hard time following the logic leap to the Hollywood money issue. I was looking forward to seeing how it fit in, and then when the video came around to that point, I found the connection to be tenuous and its coverage a little abrupt.

If I need a video or a voiceover, I'm hiring you!

Offline emailtooaj

Awesome job @solly !!!
Can't wait to see part 2
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% .. nice movie .. havent seen any hint about crypto currencies which is a good thing to get the naysayers to take a look at a second clip to solve the puzzle .. will there be one?

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

38PTSWarrior

BOOM how that all looks so good with these numbers on the golden wall and everything else moving and twisting. Best movie ever!

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
Really awesome video!  Will there be a squeal to addresses the solution to the problem presented in this video?  ...Also I agree there should be a "powered by Bitshares" somewhere at the end. 
Keep up the great work!

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
why new money ? (sounds scam)--- and not new smart money (sound disruptive) , in first screen ?

Congrats for the video really good bro!
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

The most professional thing I have seen produced in relation to bitshares... ever.

Agreed!  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

Yes, an extremely well made video! Congratulations!

One point though. Since you did get some funding from being a delegate, it would be very nice of you, and probably good for you too, to add "powered by BitShares" to the release of this video.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
The most professional thing I have seen produced in relation to bitshares... ever.

Hello Everyone. Hope you are all doing well. Wanted to post the finished Explainer video for Sollywood TV w/ Sollars and $ense: Smart Money. There are many wonderful things taking place in the background and I am greatful to the Bitshares community for participation in this project. It seems things come together at the right time. More info to come soon. For now

ENJOY  ;D

New Money: Hollywood's Revolution Will Be Televised
https://vimeo.com/150389261
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:14:04 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »

Let's Skype asap!

We actually HAVE a video streaming platform right now. So far it only works with credit card and
Bitcoin but the plan would be to Graphenaphize the crap out of it  :)

We can't focus on this too much since we have a lot on our plates already. It would make sense to join our efforts to attack the entertainment industry from all sides.

That video streaming got me wondering if in the future we will ever be able to watch movies that air on the cinema, at the same time on MUSE for example, you would pay to view it just like a movie ticket and profit would go to the company who made the movie.

Hopefully we will be able to see the last movie of this Star Wars trilogy there  :P

Haha! This feature is actually part of our roadmap LOL Glad to see the wheels turning. The possibilities are endless but remember we first must change the way content can be priced. Then like good recursion once that base case is set at the root we are all good to go in creating this EPIC tree of disruption #Makes$ense  ;D

Let's Skype asap!

We actually HAVE a video streaming platform right now. So far it only works with credit card and

We can't focus on this too much since we have a lot on our plates already. It would make sense to join our efforts to attack the entertainment industry from all sides.

And it begins  8) Thank you everyone. Such productivity today! Cant thank you all enough. Stay tuned Cob and I will chat  +5%

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Let's Skype asap!

That video streaming got me wondering if in the future we will ever be able to watch movies that air on the cinema, at the same time on MUSE for example, you would pay to view it just like a movie ticket and profit would go to the company who made the movie.

Hopefully we will be able to see the last movie of this Star Wars trilogy there  :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Let's Skype asap!

Excellent.  +5%

I am glad to see the initial sparks forming.  I look forward to the two talented people working together. Perhaps we would be seeing Superman and his legend of superheroes right here in the community in the not too far future.  :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:47:42 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey Tuck Fheman, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about BtsTip? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Tuck Fheman

Let's Skype asap!

Excellent.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Let's Skype asap!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Yes I agree with you @cube and it's really not my call anyway.  Solly should build wherever it makes the most sense to build.  I agree there's plenty of working together which can be done and I'm all for not unnecessarily duplicating work.  I haven't really considered MUSE collaboration too much I guess because I know it has come up before and nothing seemed to result, also because cob is flying so far under the radar in stealth dev mode I only have the faintest bearings on their plans.  Solly, either way, keep going! :)

Oh I will broski you can count on it! I've reached out to Cob. We will see what happens this time. I dealt with Taulant last time so this may be different. Again thank you for your support. IT WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN.  ;D Happy Thanksgiving!

@cube you can be sure Solly has considered using MUSE, but why would we want to send him away to join a separate chain when we can have a killer content sharing app operating on the BitShares blockchain?  MUSE needs some competition, after all.

Nobody is sending Solly away.  MUSE is targeting similar music/entertainment industries and both MUSE and Solly have overlapped business models.  By working together, they may be able to reap synergy and achieve a higher chance of success than each working alone.

No worries Cube. I understand. I'll update on what Cob says. Thanks for your input here.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Yes I agree with you @cube and it's really not my call anyway.  Solly should build wherever it makes the most sense to build.  I agree there's plenty of working together which can be done and I'm all for not unnecessarily duplicating work.  I haven't really considered MUSE collaboration too much I guess because I know it has come up before and nothing seemed to result, also because cob is flying so far under the radar in stealth dev mode I only have the faintest bearings on their plans.  Solly, either way, keep going! :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:09:50 am by lovejoy »

Offline cube

• View Profile

@cube you can be sure Solly has considered using MUSE, but why would we want to send him away to join a separate chain when we can have a killer content sharing app operating on the BitShares blockchain?  MUSE needs some competition, after all.

Nobody is sending Solly away.  MUSE is targeting similar music/entertainment industries and both MUSE and Solly have overlapped business models.  By working together, they may be able to reap synergy and achieve a higher chance of success than each working alone.

Hey LilJay no problem,

The platform [Sollywood TV and Sollars and Sense UIA] will be built on top of Bitshare's DAC/Wallet. We will be using Bitshares as a back end. So both Content Creators and Consumers who use the platform through their iPhones or Android devices will essentially be using Bitshares. And this is the Millennial generation we will be targeting (18-34 year old Male/Female). A highly sought after market of individuals. If Bitshares can capture this demographic with a killer application they actually want to use we win plain and simple.

My argument has always been the way to do that is through changing the content pricing system in Hollywood which consumers Hate and loathe in America (and Millennials are not adopting at all). Everyone is waiting for a better solution. Its a $200+ Billion industry just waiting to be disrupted like the Taxi system was waiting to be disrupted before Uber came along. That is what Part 1 is explaining. And just like Uber I am saying the Uber of the Hollywood and Cable Industry is our product.

Remember Bitcoin's market cap is $3-5 Billion with no clear utility for its technology in sight. The Content Distribution industry is $200+ Billion. Now imagine its disruptor being built on top of Bitshares. Cha-ching! There is plenty of room for growth and disruption in this industry and again Sollars and $ense UIA is going to be the key. Hope that clears up the confusion. If not let me know. Thanks!

So you are going to sell content to consumers and bitshares or bitassets or UIA's will be the currency?  Bitshares makes money through transaction fees?

So people deposit usd to get access to content, this usd is then converted to bitUSD or some other bitasset and transferred to the creator.  This way the creator doesn't have to deal with a bank... they can distribute to anyone.  Does this sound correct?

Excellent! Yes Lil Jay its very close with very small tweaks. The user deposits USD with us ( and payment processor) and gets the UIA in return. They then use this UIA to interact with Content Creators and Content.

This way neither the User or the Content Creator deals with the Banks or any other middle man that would want a piece of any transaction should it have been in USD. Payment processors and banks are VERY SERIOUS about getting a piece of transactions that happen in USD. This is even at price points below a penny. So we do away with all that Red tape.

Once content creators make enough of our UIA they can exchange it back to USD or BitUSD. Or they can keep it in the system and use it for Sollar ads to promote their content and potentially rack up more audience members  ;D It is up to them.

Remember this system works for all content creators from Student Filmmakers all the way up to Hollywood Big Wigs. That is what is revolutionary in my humble opinion. Hope this makes $ense. Thanks for the thoughtful question.
[/quote]

Have you considered using MUSE?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20191.0.html
[/quote]

I think you should work with muse chain. You can use same backend and your model overlaps the peer track model.  You could just brand a sollywiid version and save at least 80% of the development.

Thank you Cube and Pheonike for the heads up. It is very much appreciated! As Brandon suggested I have considered MUSE. I would rather build on top of Bitshares but hey we all have to do what we must do. I will reach out to COB and see what he says now that there is more of a structure on my end and not just ideas. It seems like they could probably use me and this KickStarter project right now. We will see.

+5%

"Everyone hates cable... even cable hates cable."  LOL.

Looking great Solly! The animations are killer, the voiceover and audio is great, it's engaging!  if only folks knew how long someone has to stare at a screen to make all that cool stuff happen!  I think coders of all people should understand.

I support you in accomplishing your vision however you see fit, and however you can manage.  As content creators we have to stick together in the face of all this fierce practicality.. eg. What's wrong with a horse?  Then later, if humans were meant to fly we'd have wings!  Then later, the internet, I don't think it will be used for much.  Then later, Uber? what?  We already have taxis!

The list of successful human innovations goes on, and each of them had their detractors.  As we progress into greater and greater abstractions of value, it just gets more difficult to convey the meaning behind a project of any enormity.  I'm happy to see you are still pressing forward despite working with limited resources, and facing doubters everyday.

Count me among your supporters, and though I'm stretched pretty thin on all fronts, let me know how I can help.

Brandon your support means a lot. As you suggested individuals do not know the time it takes to make great content. I've been on both sides of the aisle now with Code and Film. I wish more could appreciate it. But its understandable given the climate as you suggested.

You know what just reaching out means everything. Keep your holdings I'll remember this when this all blows up next year  ;D

You hit it on the nail better than I can. Everything that is innovative is met always with detractors and I am actually okay with that. Comes with the territory.

I  do have one final question about the proposal. What would be the process to even formally submit a proposal to see if it could get partially funded? Or is there one? Let me know. Thank you all for the constructive feedback! It really is appreciated.

Offline Pheonike

I think you should work with muse chain. You can use same backend and your model overlaps the peer track model.  You could just brand a sollywiid version and save at least 80% of the development.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
 +5%

"Everyone hates cable... even cable hates cable."  LOL.

Looking great Solly! The animations are killer, the voiceover and audio is great, it's engaging!  if only folks knew how long someone has to stare at a screen to make all that cool stuff happen!  I think coders of all people should understand.

I think your project is just so far outside of the realm of most people's capacity to imagine currently, that you will understandably receive a degree of pushback.  I'm not sure if you can get this community to support a worker proposal in the current depression era mentality, where the fight is among which core features to add to the protocol itself, and with what funding, but a UIA investment strategy might be the ticket.  I would contribute something of my meager holdings to your efforts.

I think in the future when BitShares is generally profitable, proven, and healthy, people will loosen up to the idea on incubation services and seed funding for companies which are 'building on BitShares, and whose success will benefit the ecosystem.  Currently I wouldn't personally dare a worker proposal even for strictly non-marketing, non-referral oriented BitShares community content, since the community hasn't yet made up it's mind about how it is going to function, and is pretty much just making all this up on the fly.  But you have thicker skin than me, and so I guess it doesn't hurt to try!

Nevertheless. I support you in accomplishing your vision however you see fit, and however you can manage.  As content creators we have to stick together in the face of all this fierce practicality.. eg. What's wrong with a horse?  Then later, if humans were meant to fly we'd have wings!  Then later, the internet, I don't think it will be used for much.  Then later, Uber? what?  We already have taxis!

The list of successful human innovations goes on, and each of them had their detractors.  As we progress into greater and greater abstractions of value, it just gets more difficult to convey the meaning behind a project of any enormity.  I'm happy to see you are still pressing forward despite working with limited resources, and facing doubters everyday.

Count me among your supporters, and though I'm stretched pretty thin on all fronts, let me know how I can help.

Offline cube

• View Profile
Hey LilJay no problem,

The platform [Sollywood TV and Sollars and Sense UIA] will be built on top of Bitshare's DAC/Wallet. We will be using Bitshares as a back end. So both Content Creators and Consumers who use the platform through their iPhones or Android devices will essentially be using Bitshares. And this is the Millennial generation we will be targeting (18-34 year old Male/Female). A highly sought after market of individuals. If Bitshares can capture this demographic with a killer application they actually want to use we win plain and simple.

My argument has always been the way to do that is through changing the content pricing system in Hollywood which consumers Hate and loathe in America (and Millennials are not adopting at all). Everyone is waiting for a better solution. Its a $200+ Billion industry just waiting to be disrupted like the Taxi system was waiting to be disrupted before Uber came along. That is what Part 1 is explaining. And just like Uber I am saying the Uber of the Hollywood and Cable Industry is our product.

Remember Bitcoin's market cap is $3-5 Billion with no clear utility for its technology in sight. The Content Distribution industry is $200+ Billion. Now imagine its disruptor being built on top of Bitshares. Cha-ching! There is plenty of room for growth and disruption in this industry and again Sollars and $ense UIA is going to be the key. Hope that clears up the confusion. If not let me know. Thanks!

So you are going to sell content to consumers and bitshares or bitassets or UIA's will be the currency?  Bitshares makes money through transaction fees?

So people deposit usd to get access to content, this usd is then converted to bitUSD or some other bitasset and transferred to the creator.  This way the creator doesn't have to deal with a bank... they can distribute to anyone.  Does this sound correct?

Excellent! Yes Lil Jay its very close with very small tweaks. The user deposits USD with us ( and payment processor) and gets the UIA in return. They then use this UIA to interact with Content Creators and Content.

This way neither the User or the Content Creator deals with the Banks or any other middle man that would want a piece of any transaction should it have been in USD. Payment processors and banks are VERY SERIOUS about getting a piece of transactions that happen in USD. This is even at price points below a penny. So we do away with all that Red tape.

Once content creators make enough of our UIA they can exchange it back to USD or BitUSD. Or they can keep it in the system and use it for Sollar ads to promote their content and potentially rack up more audience members  ;D It is up to them.

Remember this system works for all content creators from Student Filmmakers all the way up to Hollywood Big Wigs. That is what is revolutionary in my humble opinion. Hope this makes $ense. Thanks for the thoughtful question.

Have you considered using MUSE?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20191.0.html
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 04:08:52 am by cube »

So I'm still confused how you make money for bitshares... Could you explain it to me like I'm 5?

Hey LilJay no problem,

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
So I'm still confused how you make money for bitshares... Could you explain it to me like I'm 5?

Hey LilJay no problem,

Hey LilJay no problem,

My argument has always been the way to do that is through changing the content pricing system in Hollywood which consumers Hate and loathe in America (and Millennials are not adopting at all). Everyone is waiting for a better solution. Its a $200+ Billion industry just waiting to be disrupted like the Taxi system was waiting to be disrupted before Uber came along. That is what Part 1 is explaining. And just like Uber I am saying the Uber of the Hollywood and Cable Industry is our product. Allowing content creators of every type to price with $ense (no matter how small that price is).

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:56:40 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

i like your project and i think you have one of the best voices and faces for audio and video!

i think you will not get a worker proposal, this has nothing todo with the bitshares core funtcions, but take a look into creating
UIA like OBITS or METAFEES and make it part of the Kickstarter fundraiser.

First round (1.400 USD needed)
- fundraiser from the community to get working
Second round on kickstarter? 100.000 + creating new accounts for bitshares (so potential referral income from the kickstarter campaign)

what is the business model at all? you want to replace the kabel system but how?

Hey Shentist! Thanks for the constructive response. Yes I have not been paying attention very closely to how everything works in terms of Worker's Proposal. I just thought I would do one and see what the response is from the community. Either way I'm running the kickstarter and just wanted to see if the community would help out based on what has been completed. It takes a lot of work to make the type of stuff I have done.

Business model is pretty simple. Providing content at the right price (no matter how small the price point has to be). We would take a 10 to 20% cut from content partners who sell their visuals with us. The key here is understanding the UIA plays as a liberator for the rest of content creators who cannot partner with Netflix and see the Free pricing model of YouTube and its sharing revenue model as a dead end.

Let me know if there are any questions. Thanks for the feedback!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i like your project and i think you have one of the best voices and faces for audio and video!

i think you will not get a worker proposal, this has nothing todo with the bitshares core funtcions, but take a look into creating
UIA like OBITS or METAFEES and make it part of the Kickstarter fundraiser.

First round (1.400 USD needed)
- fundraiser from the community to get working
Second round on kickstarter? 100.000 + creating new accounts for bitshares (so potential referral income from the kickstarter campaign)

what is the business model at all? you want to replace the kabel system but how?

38PTSWarrior

First thing you do is asking for brownie points after you received several months a full payrate. You could have placed some ads a long time ago, for example on October 13th, that's more than a month ago. How about publishing something now! and not always talk so much?

Dude... Relax
OK, breathing deeply now

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
First thing you do is asking for brownie points after you received several months a full payrate. You could have placed some ads a long time ago, for example on October 13th, that's more than a month ago. How about publishing something now! and not always talk so much?

Dude... Relax

38PTSWarrior

« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 08:09:09 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »