Author Topic: questions regarding pts mining and future  (Read 3030 times)

Offline abra

• View Profile
Can someone tell me why my account protoshares got less automatically? The address shows none spent and I am down with almost half of the protoshares.

Offline noobster

• cryptocurrencies vs. fed
    • View Profile
at which block the angelshares are supposed to be released? you know, the block on which you can import your private key with
BTC: 15mey7vTkkvHm4UoZgVEP4Yo3REDpH87KW
PTS: PkzbnN7Nkv6TcqJuNjpcLfmPqpPUphpu5W
drop some =)

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
@ toast and arcke
Thanks a lot.

So, have I missed anything since Dec22, 2013? Any shares I may be entitled to?

I dont remember memorycoins launch date, but so far I know this is the only DAC right now.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline abra

• View Profile
@ toast and arcke
Thanks a lot.

So, have I missed anything since Dec22, 2013? Any shares I may be entitled to?

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
It is OK. When the PTS are at an address you have the private key to you are fine. You can be offline and come back anytime later and use your private key in the new DACs that arrived and you will get your shares.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
If you control the private keys, you get the shares.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline abra

• View Profile
@arcke
PTS is at an address I have control(private key), but it is not synced to any wallet. I just used a offline wallet generator and generated my address. But my address gets shown in block explorer as I am mining on a pool and receiving shares.

Now if by this logic ^^ I don't get any extra shares(dac, angel etc) could anyone share what needs to be done.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
So, what I have understood, even if I have a cold storage wallet, I do need to download protoshare client and sync the private key to the software.
is that right?

No, you just have to keep your wallet. No need to synchronize the protoshares client. If you have PTS on an address you control it is enough.

Modify: I misunderstood cold storage. If the PTS is at an address of a 3rd party you do not get your supposed DAC shares. The PTS have to be at your address that you have a wallet to. Not a 3rd party service.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:46:19 am by arcke »

Offline abra

• View Profile
So, what I have understood, even if I have a cold storage wallet, I do need to download protoshare client and sync the private key to the software.
is that right?

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
It' very necessary to hold your PTS in your local wallet or any wallet that can output private key, otherwise, you can not participate AGS or any other DAC.

There is no minimum limit. But it's proportional to the PTS you have.

No idea how to setup personal pool, I wonder too..

There are a few giveaways that give decent amount of PTS for free, if you search around on this forum, you will find out. Hint: in the protoshares sub forum...
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline abra

• View Profile
Hi,

Mining since 22Dec2013, previously started with ltc.
Couple of questiions :
1. I have made a custom cold storage address, is it same as holding coins(pts) in wallet? How can I claim, bitxxxx, angelxxx etc on these pts I have been mining.

2. Never used any wallet, and would love to know how to setup a private setup/pool to Solo mine.( not to be confused with official client setup and mining, I know that)

3. Minimum pts required so I can participate in keyhotee, angel share etc.

Anyone feeling like donating couple of pts, lemme know since people seem to have thousands and I'm earning in .00xxx values.  :P