Author Topic: [ANN] MaxPWR Petitions to Sanction User Newmine  (Read 17198 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Whenever you pay for work before the work is done, you're paying for time not work.   If you pay for time, you need a mechanism to make sure the time you're paying for is being used wisely.

With Memorycoin you don't have any of those things, people just make a pitch then get paid until someone realizes they're not worth the money and kicks them out.     

If all of the positions equaled maybe 0.1% of the money supply over the life of the coin that might be acceptable, but 1% to each position is crazy.   It makes the coin look worse not better.

But yeah, totally agree with Itsik - Saying "That's not fair!" when someone uses a tactic that is disadvantageous to you and trying to get them kicked out of the game doesn't actually mean the tactic is against the rules.    Near I can tell, this guy has made a pretty compelling offer that assuages some of my personal concerns that the positions are paid much too well, especially since all those numbers assume the current price of Memorycoin and Memorycoin proponants seem to think it will go to .01BTC/ea.   Even at these prices the positions are overpaid, any increases in value increase the value already earned exponentially.      If the price growing exponentially is the desired outcome, these positions should be paid an amount that would not be considered well paid if MMC does poorly but would be considered well paid if MMC does well and the value of the pay appreciates.

FreeTrade, did your networth increase through the memorycoin launch and subsequent blowup?  Did it increase through launching this latest version of the coin and giving yourself credit for the coins you had in the earlier currency it appears you crashed?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
Give newmine all the votes he wants until he becomes CEO, CTO, CNO...etc

People trust a guy that has not contributed anything to memorycoin and think he's going to give everyone a equal share of  coins.

Go on elect him for all positions then come back when he disappears with a 100,000$ worth of Coins and wine like little bitches.

Personally if he's elected these positions dumping all of coins and moving on. Price right now is extremely high compared to what it will be when newmine takes over.

Seeing MMC 3.0 over the horizon....

Does an HTML site with 30 links justify a $1500 weekly payment? It doesn't even justify a $300 weekly payment, but that's what the guy will get.
Does answering questions in a forum for about 1-2 hours a day justify a $1500 weekly payment? Same point.
Does losing the daily income as the coin's founder mean that it should be dumped and killed to make way to MMC 3? Nope, but that's what I understand happened to MMC1...
Etc. for all titles.

Anyway, since these elections are just as democratic as the elections in Iran (FreeTrade being khamenei with full power as votes are wallet-size-propertional and you have to assume a huge wallet from holding 2 positions for a month + Premine) I don't see Newmine's plan working anyway.

Sorry, but 20% of the current payment is what was supposed to be paid out to each of he officers

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
Give newmine all the votes he wants until he becomes CEO, CTO, CNO...etc

People trust a guy that has not contributed anything to memorycoin and think he's going to give everyone a equal share of  coins.

Go on elect him for all positions then come back when he disappears with a 100,000$ worth of Coins and wine like little bitches.

Personally if he's elected these positions dumping all of coins and moving on. Price right now is extremely high compared to what it will be when newmine takes over.

Seeing MMC 3.0 over the horizon....
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
You & Fasan just made me vote for Newman.
If he really pays out 20% to the candidate, I think it's a great idea.
If he stops doing it, I will vote for the void-vote address.

Newmine, 7.5k votes coming your way in 10 minutes.

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
Nope - a "ban" is perfectly acceptable network behavior...if you think separately about the address / username and the action / person.  It's not really anything  on the person, just on the actions of the address / username...it's network maintenance on problematic ports.

The user is free to modify his behavior / message / promises.  But his message is still out there in its original form unmodified...it is old, stale, and expired.  We can ask him to "rebroadcast" his new message (e.g., transferring to new voting address / etc).

Think about it the other way - what if a "good service" at an address is simply expired?  What if it is a dead address?  Shouldn't we warn people that it is an outdated message?

Really, if we "ban" problematic addresses...a user can just perform the same action from a different address.  If he really wanted to...he could create a new username / etc.  Or, the user could perform modified behavior at a different address and be welcomed back into the community...

And, it's a voluntary opinion from an officer which the community supports.  It does not even have to be from all officers. 

Anyone can say "this address is my enemy.  I shall not support this address."  Means absolutely nothing to the rest of us.  The Officers have made rumblings in the forums that they do not like that behavior.  Well, go find that user, engage that user, and ask him to modify his behavior (e.g., move funds from that voting address to new voting addresses and "re-campaign").

We are not a free-for-all community. If so, what is the point of selection and ranking in MMC?  We are a self-regulating community to provide trust among members.  We investigate, evaluate, and modify as the community requests.

You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I think we best let the market deal with this. When bad candidates are elected, the price of the coin will fall, when good candidates are elected the price of the coin will rise.

I think what we are dealing with is just irrationality. Nothing can survive prolonged and stubborn stupidity, but my hope is that they'll wise up as they see the market results of their actions.

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
>>sudo deluser Newmine MMC
-----------For Immediate Release---------------

MaxPWR requests that MemoryCoin Officers drop the banhammer on User Newmine and his supporters.

Each Officer shall immediately develop a list of all known accounts and supporters of User Newmine.  Officer accounts shall not trade with any associated addresses of User Newmine.  Officers accounts shall not trade with supporters of User Newmine until votes are removed for any associated addresses of User Newmine.

If elected CEO, MaxPWR shall use any accumulated funds to place a bounty for such blacklist services:

MVTEceoug2AiLLsoV1Ej5VxqfmZ6bvwDH5

In addition, donations for such efforts are being accepted at Max's Evil Lab:

MVTEchaRu6ReuT2a9ANFWbgWyjtw3pJ8ST

http://pwrcoin.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

This will end well.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline FaSan

• View Profile
because banning and blacklisting people for participating is less damaging than redistributing coins?  nice try

I had not read the thread that you have in your sign :

supporting Newmine for a fair Memorycoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389386.0

Interesting reading, now it's clean  :)

FaSan

Offline phrozenspite

• View Profile
because banning and blacklisting people for participating is less damaging than redistributing coins?  nice try
supporting Newmine for a fair Memorycoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389386.0

Offline FaSan

• View Profile
Newmine as send me two time the 20% of his CNO earning. I don't know why, and I don't know why only two time  :D :D :D

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Banning a party is not proper democracy, people can vote for who they want to do what they want. I think he had the wrong idea but thats not my choice to make.
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
>>sudo deluser Newmine MMC
-----------For Immediate Release---------------

MaxPWR requests that MemoryCoin Officers drop the banhammer on User Newmine and his supporters.

Each Officer shall immediately develop a list of all known accounts and supporters of User Newmine.  Officer accounts shall not trade with any associated addresses of User Newmine.  Officers accounts shall not trade with supporters of User Newmine until votes are removed for any associated addresses of User Newmine.

If elected CEO, MaxPWR shall use any accumulated funds to place a bounty for such blacklist services:

MVTEceoug2AiLLsoV1Ej5VxqfmZ6bvwDH5

In addition, donations for such efforts are being accepted at Max's Evil Lab:

MVTEchaRu6ReuT2a9ANFWbgWyjtw3pJ8ST

http://pwrcoin.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg