Author Topic: [POLL] Tipbot Yes/No  (Read 34819 times)

Offline fuzzy

I believe it is time we created some sort of flag or symbol (see my avatar as a suggestion) so that we all can publicly display our allegiance to our great leader, or small group of leaders hand picked by our great leader. I cannot stand idly by any longer and watch our great land, this forum, run amok with free thought or free enterprise!

Um...why not have those "flags" or "symbols" be in the form of tokens given freely by individuals to other individuals so you can see who is allied openly based on their token's holdings?

For instance, if you see someone holding many fuzzies, you would know that he/she is highly associated with the "fuzzy faction".

Call them Faction Tokens if you will...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

I think it is nice to have one but it would also be nice for the tipping to be somewhat costly to prevent spam (however that may work)

It already costs 20 bucks to make a UIA, along with the time to do so.  Also, we didn't want to make it so if I send you 1 HIGHFIVE, you receive .95 HIGHFIVE. 

I can see the potential problem with spam though for sure. 

I can also see the bot sending to pm's as opposed to the thread where it is posted.  In fact, @hybridd and I have already talked about this openly on the forum and have stated the intention to move it to pms as opposed to within the sharing (tipping) thread.
I actually don't see the bot messages as it is atm as a problem. It is just that is is sometimes a bit more anoying to scroll over threads with a lot of bot msg. Maybe these could just be made smaller (font, less space between lines)?

this should be entirely possible.  @hybridd what are your thoughts?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think it is nice to have one but it would also be nice for the tipping to be somewhat costly to prevent spam (however that may work)

It already costs 20 bucks to make a UIA, along with the time to do so.  Also, we didn't want to make it so if I send you 1 HIGHFIVE, you receive .95 HIGHFIVE. 

I can also see the bot sending to pm's as opposed to the thread where it is posted.  In fact, @hybridd and I have already talked about this openly on the forum and have stated the intention to move it to pms as opposed to within the sharing (tipping) thread.
I actually don't see the bot messages as it is atm as a problem. It is just that is is sometimes a bit more anoying to scroll over threads with a lot of bot msg. Maybe these could just be made smaller (font, less space between lines)?

Offline fuzzy

Please let's not go attacking.  This is really so far away from what I wanted to see with this ShareBot.
It was intended to BRING THE COMMUNITY TOGETHER for God's sake! 

At some point this childishness is going to break my will to continue giving the level of sacrifice to this project.  As it moves further away from BM and his team, I would love to be incentivized to continue helping as opposed to seeing the things I work and sacrifice to bring to the community tearing us apart over stupid shit. 

Until our community can start working to build value as opposed to constantly swirling around in a loop of negativity, we will continue to see our marketcap slip.  We need Unity to at least some degree.

Tuck Fheman

Social Justice Warriors,

It is time to do something!

I say nuke this useless bot that generates all of this income for BitShares and brings new users into our ecosystem! We do not need a bunch of useless UIA's that cost $20 each (at the current low price of BTS) clogging up the tubes with capitalist pig's money!

I request that ALL post be filtered through user @fav before it reaches my eyeballs and for that reason I will begin sending every post I wish to make directly to @fav so that he can approve it and post it for me, and I recommend the rest of you do the same. Without fearless leadership there would be no fear in this world, and nothing works better than fear to suppress opposing ideas!

Demand action from one individual, or at least a small group of individuals, with the power to suppress any unclean thoughts. Place boundaries to entry at every opening and reject any ideas that go against the dictated norm. We must stand as one in a united nationalist front against those who think differently and those who create free markets every chance we allow them!

We must reject anyone and anything that goes against what our great leaders have mandated. We must attack free expression in the arts and memes by having one person, or a small group of like-minded individuals, appoint their friends and associates into positions of power on this forum to eradicate these menacing foes. We must rally into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate any perceived common threat!

I believe it is time we created some sort of flag or symbol (see my avatar as a suggestion) so that we all can publicly display our allegiance to our great leader, or small group of leaders hand picked by our great leader. I cannot stand idly by any longer and watch our great land, this forum, run amok with free thought or free enterprise!

Someone please assume control for me as I've grown tired of thinking for myself and ignoring that which offends me. I'm very busy and I don't have time to ignore menacing childish post that make me respond to them. I cannot be bothered with the ignore feature or turning off signatures, hell sometimes I don't even login to my account, it's so time consuming! I need a fear based system to guide me through my day of being upset with others for distracting me with differing opinions. Did I mention how busy I am and that I can't constantly be taking myself away from all of my busyness addressing all of the things that go against the hive mind?!

I need to get back to work because I'm very busy and don't have time to continue addressing these profit making UIA's or tipbots that bring in even more infidels! Oh great leader(s), please save meh!

Offline fuzzy

... it seems so many people are upset about everything lately. Why is this?  Why do I see the tendency to put down efforts as opposed to trying to expend the same amount of energy doing something valuable?

I think people are getting impatient and worried and frustrated...and losing themselves in that instead of just focusing on the benefits tools like this are bringing.

The simple answer is that it is easy to complain but hard to be constructive, and the frustration is real. In my case I falsely justify complaints as "offering constructive feedback" but as I review many of my own posts I can see the frustration and emotion that comes through is counterproductive to that end. I also see that without that "edginess", feedback no matter how it's offered or how good it is can be lost or ignored, but hey that's just life. It's all about choices and giving everyone the space to make theirs without force.

I feel so paralyzed by a lack of info on HOW to use this ecosystem and I can see I am not alone in that frustration. On the other hand I see a small minority of people who have managed to push through the difficulties and find a way to be creative with the tools currently available. I call that ability the "McGyver Factor", an ability to adapt and make due with what's at hand.

In other areas of my life I've had an above average level of the "McGyver Factor" but whether it's due to aging or the intensity and volume of information people must now process I don't feel I can adapt to changes as well as I could before.

Back on topic. As I've mentioned to you before fuzzy I just don't get the economic value of all these UIAs, but I can see the value in other ways. So contrasting the sentiments of @fav and @fuzzy I understand both perspectives. I am NOT in favor of censorship at all. If people want to use FISTBUMPS and ORGASMS to express themselves I say go for it. I can appreciate a touch of humor in all this seriousness.

But I also find the chaos in forum to be too much sometimes, and I am very grateful to people like fav for the time and effort to tidy things up and apply a measure of organization to things around here, we could use more of that.

Perhaps we all could be a bit more circumspect in our attitude. I know I certainly can.

We have amazing plans for the sharebot.  The only question at this point is what community(s) will be open/creative enough to use it to help grow their user base.
As for shit UIAs with no value.  They all have speculative value at the very least...and that is not necessarily a bad thing. 

REMEMBER EVERYONE...the bot has barely even been really up and running in full force at all yet.  As the community evolves, so will it's projects and so too with the uses of the bot become more and more understood.  However, if we are always sticking ourselves to the negatives and approaching problems as game enders, we will lose the game

Success requires innovation, persistence and a level of risk-taking.  If people don't like others passing around "useless tokens', I have two things to say to them:
1)  You might be calling a token useless or worthless without even knowing what the issuer's end goals are with it....which is kind of like, well, worse than doing nothing at all.  (hint:  NOT ALL TOKENS will be backed by a service...SOME might be used to label a demographic of people who are valuable for their willingness to participate and be involved in the growth and progress of bitshares.  Some might be used to label a demographic of people who hate bitshares...a great sharedrop target for competitors who want to kill bitshares.  Some might be used to label people who are the most active in DOCUMENTING BITSHARES????)
2)  Tokens with minimal value can still create bonds between people and a sense of comradery that otherwise would not have been there.  The foundation of ALL economies is human interaction---and thus relationships.  Try to remain open-minded to what "value" is and how it can be utilized. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 06:03:46 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Thom

... it seems so many people are upset about everything lately. Why is this?  Why do I see the tendency to put down efforts as opposed to trying to expend the same amount of energy doing something valuable?

I think people are getting impatient and worried and frustrated...and losing themselves in that instead of just focusing on the benefits tools like this are bringing.

The simple answer is that it is easy to complain but hard to be constructive, and the frustration is real. In my case I falsely justify complaints as "offering constructive feedback" but as I review many of my own posts I can see the frustration and emotion that comes through is counterproductive to that end. I also see that without that "edginess", feedback no matter how it's offered or how good it is can be lost or ignored, but hey that's just life. It's all about choices and giving everyone the space to make theirs without force.

I feel so paralyzed by a lack of info on HOW to use this ecosystem and I can see I am not alone in that frustration. On the other hand I see a small minority of people who have managed to push through the difficulties and find a way to be creative with the tools currently available. I call that ability the "McGyver Factor", an ability to adapt and make due with what's at hand.

In other areas of my life I've had an above average level of the "McGyver Factor" but whether it's due to aging or the intensity and volume of information people must now process I don't feel I can adapt to changes as well as I could before.

Back on topic. As I've mentioned to you before fuzzy I just don't get the economic value of all these UIAs, but I can see the value in other ways. So contrasting the sentiments of @fav and @fuzzy I understand both perspectives. I am NOT in favor of censorship at all. If people want to use FISTBUMPS and ORGASMS to express themselves I say go for it. I can appreciate a touch of humor in all this seriousness.

But I also find the chaos in forum to be too much sometimes, and I am very grateful to people like fav for the time and effort to tidy things up and apply a measure of organization to things around here, we could use more of that.

Perhaps we all could be a bit more circumspect in our attitude. I know I certainly can.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline EstefanTT

I don't thing spamming is a problem. You can spam manually or with a bot, with ou without token.
I can send 1 fistbump or write a message saying "fistbump"  every 5 minutes, it's almost the same.
It's spamming, no need for tokens to do that.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Xeldal

I don't mind the tipbot.  I think people say stupid, childish, non-nonsensical things all the time; Nothing new there. 

If the messages/coins being posted/traded on the forum are in large part garbage.  That is more a reflection of the users here not the result of a feature.

My own preference would be to not have the bot post anything or perhaps just a PM, to reduce clutter.  I'd make the same request of some users, but ignore should work just fine in both cases.  Though I don't know where the ignore button is.

Offline fuzzy

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

I'm against a bot in its current form.

- Bad image
Investors / entrepreneurs checking out the forum and find users tipping ORGASMS, SPERM or CRAPCOINS to each other isn't that mature or inspiring confidence
The awesome thing about free speech is also the terrible thing about it.  This is not a problem with the bot.  Neither is it a problem for bitshares to have UIA's that anyone can create and name.  UIA's and the tool used to pass them around are tools. 

- Derailing
Used to bump old and obsolete threads
Here let me bump old and obsolete threads----"bump", or "just keeping this thread alive"

None of these issues are tipbot centric.  So I'm wondering what the real problem is. 

How about this @fav, give some ideas as to what would make it better to you and help contribute to making it better.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:34:44 pm by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20441.msg265654.html#msg265654  This is a perfect example of why the tipbot is so valuable.  However, for some reason rather than use it...@fav has chosen to keep it until she reaches out to him? 

You can send her an email using this bot...
You can send it to her publicly on Twitter or Reddit and let everyone in her network of viewers/coworkers see it (advertising)
and let her get the funds when she is available instead of having to hold onto them and hope nothing happens.  Is it really that hard to see the value in this? lol....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:24:42 pm by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

ShareBits is part of the BitShares ecosystem. It's not bad in itself.

It's not because bad people use Bitcoin to fund terrorist acts that Bitcoin need to be ban or stopped.

Same here. We just need to ask to the members of this community to use the more childish token in thread of light/funny discussion and respect the important matter discussed free of bad-image-token.

IMO, it's already the case. I didn't see anything that could damage our image in the important threads.

There's more. I think a guest of our forum with entrepeneurship mind seeing someone tipping another with "firstbump" or "smile" may have poping in his mind lots of potential use of theses token.

I feel we should stop worrying about how other people are using the tools we are having built and instead focus on how we can use them in a way that will create more value for the ecosystem.
It is an important step in our growth for the community to begin creating and exchanging tokens.  We need to explore possibilities rather than put down how others are using it.  I don't know what has happened lately with our community but it seems so many people are upset about everything lately.  Why is this?  Why do I see the tendency to put down efforts as opposed to trying to expend the same amount of energy doing something valuable? 

Now with that said, it could certainly use some tweaking and fine-tuning, but we will get there.  As far as the forum thread disruption, it has already been stated the messages will eventually be going out to pms and even if we have one post for every sharedrop/mass sharedrop on accounts, it isn't keeping others from being able to use this tool to improve the visibility of their own posts (if it comes to that).  The only people complaining are the ones who dont want to use the tool we have offered to everyone.  :/

Regardless, I want to thank everyone here who has been part of it.  The Sharebot will grow with or without the BTS community...though naturally I'd prefer it to become extremely strong here as opposed to other communities. 

jakub

Slightly off-topic:
Where will I find information on the business model of this tipbot?
Who is paying the transfer fees and how does this bot earn revenue for the entrepreneurs behind it?