Author Topic: Reached 100 Referrals, time for a recap and AMA  (Read 3904 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Great effort, I often see your posts on Twitter etc.

I would venture a guess that a healthy portion of your sign-ups are of the low-hanging fruit variety from new forum visitors.

makes sense, since I only promote on social media and forums :)

I wish I had the skill and time to setup some professional funnels with emails, videos and so on.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Great effort, I often see your posts on Twitter etc.

I would venture a guess that a healthy portion of your sign-ups are of the low-hanging fruit variety from new forum visitors.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Congrats and thank you for pioneering this. Are you pretty sure it works now in terms of fees? Where can you track these? (other than the Top 10 leaderboard, which a new referrer would not find himself/herself on right away). I would like to start doing some referrals also if the system works. The client/wallet is good enough at this point that I feel comfortable marketing it.

Track fees: you can only track LTM Upgrades currently see http://cryptofresh.com/u/fav > Referred Accounts > look for the ⚡️ next to user names.

that's where I get my referrals stats from

Okay, thanks. I appreciate the information. One of your lightning bolts is a longtime forum member, though (probably one of his many accounts; maybe you can tell who it is by the UIA he's sent in his transaction history), so it might not be fair to count that one in your upgrade analysis.

He for sure knows who he is, as it accounts for 10K (cash back) of the 15K  BTS of his expenses.

and btw removing said account (both as expense and income) actually make the results a little bit better, actually.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 10:07:36 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
Congrats and thank you for pioneering this. Are you pretty sure it works now in terms of fees? Where can you track these? (other than the Top 10 leaderboard, which a new referrer would not find himself/herself on right away). I would like to start doing some referrals also if the system works. The client/wallet is good enough at this point that I feel comfortable marketing it.

Track fees: you can only track LTM Upgrades currently see http://cryptofresh.com/u/fav > Referred Accounts > look for the ⚡️ next to user names.

Okay, thanks. I appreciate the information. One of your lightning bolts is a longtime forum member, though (probably one of his many accounts; maybe you can tell who it is by the UIA he's sent in his transaction history), so it might not be fair to count that one in your upgrade analysis.

Indeed. Only counted the raw upgrades,

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
thanks to @clayop for highlighting my 100th referral.

Here's some math first:

100 Referrals
   3 Lifetime Memberships so far

3% upgrade rate is pretty good I'd say, but well, 100 is not a big number. we'll see...

Earned  ~37000 BTS
Expenses ~15000 BTS
Gross Rev ~ 22000 BTS around $100

1 Sign-Up = $1

Judging from the revenue, I don't see any serious external marketers floating in anytime soon.

Reasons are (in my opinion) lack of features and stability/bugs. Those things will stop the marketing growth only short term though!

Ready to answer any questions

great thanks for sharing.

do you see how many accounts are in use?

i see only 2600 accounts are holding BTS, so most of the accounts are not funded. Would be nice to understand why people creating accounts and not using them.

out of curiosity. there's a lot of buzz and people like to check new things out. but as I said in OP, there's not much to do currently

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
$1 per signup I would say is pretty good. That is on par with most CPA offers. Not to mention this was in the midst of an initial launch with all kinds of bumps along the way with the wallet etc. I am curious to know what you paid for exactly?

10k bts were cashback to one of the LTM (I offer 50%)
5k are giveaways.
only basic stuff, most of it promoting on forums, so rather time consuming.

You're right with $1 is pretty good in terms of traditional CPA offers, but 100 Refs is not a big number. so I'd say it would scale down to like $0.2-0.5 per ref

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
most of the accounts are not funded. Would be nice to understand why people creating accounts and not using them.

Well, if we ever had true fiat on-ramps, then we would be able to break free from people having to obtain Bitcoin first and go through all those steps. Until then, this remains a niche product, though its prospects are incrementally better every day.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Here's some math first:

100 Referrals

3% upgrade rate is pretty good I'd say, but well, 100 is not a big number. we'll see...

Earned  ~37000 BTS
Expenses ~15000 BTS

1 Sign-Up = $1

Judging from the revenue, I don't see any serious external marketers floating in anytime soon.

Reasons are (in my opinion) lack of features and stability/bugs. Those things will stop the marketing growth only short term though!

great thanks for sharing.

do you see how many accounts are in use?

i see only 2600 accounts are holding BTS, so most of the accounts are not funded. Would be nice to understand why people creating accounts and not using them.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

$1 per signup I would say is pretty good. That is on par with most CPA offers. Not to mention this was in the midst of an initial launch with all kinds of bumps along the way with the wallet etc. I am curious to know what you paid for exactly?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Here's some math first:

100 Referrals

Earned  ~37000 BTS
Expenses ~15000 BTS

1 Sign-Up = $1