Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 105075 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Rewards card functionality is now done, it works in v1.1 of the mobile wallet, the standalone pos and also Odoo POS. This way when you buy something at a store with your mobile wallet, the merchant can automatically send you some of their chosen/created UIA to reward you based on your purchases at that store. The merchant can also set how much to send, how much can be redeemed and even set amounts that you have to spend to qualify for certain rewards.

Lots of UI work being worked on right now.

The core code for mobile wallet Overdraft Protection is now done too. It allows your wallet to draw from your other desired balances should you not have enough to pay when you are being billed at a store. This will also be released with mobile wallet v1.1 in a few weeks (i know i know i said a couple weeks but I keep cramming more stuff into v1.1, i figured what the hell we might as well make the update worthwhile for as many people as possible).

The ability to spend more than 999 of a given asset or coin has also been fixed.

We have also doubled the speed of QR code reading, as it's taking like 10 seconds right now which will never work at any POS. I think once that "Witness spamming too much data" issue on github is fixed too, that will dramatically speed up the mobile wallets as well, cut down on cpu and bandwidth usage etc.

@kenCode,

You are blowing me away with your productivity and innovation.  +1

What features of the blockchain did you use to implement this
... or is it all code in the app on the individual's phone or is some of it on your web server?

thanx guys

@Stan - all of it. check out my github, we will be committing a buncha more stuff over the coming week too (https://github.com/kenCode-de?tab=repositories). as for the code, everything is run locally so there is no server to trust. we got our new website ready for launch today too, but since it is in 44 languages i want to get a few of the translations finished up before i upload everything and redirect the dns to evennode.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Rewards card functionality is now done, it works in v1.1 of the mobile wallet, the standalone pos and also Odoo POS. This way when you buy something at a store with your mobile wallet, the merchant can automatically send you some of their chosen/created UIA to reward you based on your purchases at that store. The merchant can also set how much to send, how much can be redeemed and even set amounts that you have to spend to qualify for certain rewards.

The core code for mobile wallet Overdraft Protection is now done too. It allows your wallet to draw from your other desired balances should you not have enough to pay when you are being billed at a store. This will also be released with mobile wallet v1.1 in a few weeks (i know i know i said a couple weeks but I keep cramming more stuff into v1.1, i figured what the hell we might as well make the update worthwhile for as many people as possible).

The ability to spend more than 999 of a given asset or coin has also been fixed.

We have also doubled the speed of QR code reading, as it's taking like 10 seconds right now which will never work at any POS. I think once that "Witness spamming too much data" issue on github is fixed too, that will dramatically speed up the mobile wallets as well, cut down on cpu and bandwidth usage etc.

@kenCode,

You are blowing me away with your productivity and innovation.  +1

What features of the blockchain did you use to implement this
... or is it all code in the app on the individual's phone or is some of it on your web server?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
An user complained that unable to transfer more than 1000 BTS with mobile wallet.  On the confirmation page, it shows amount = 0.00000.

Known issue, and already on the roadmap for v1.1. The wallet does not let you send more than 999 of an asset at a time. Should be a couple weeks and I'll release v1.1, have crammed a bunch more stuff into this release with it and hopefully the speed issue will be fixed by then too :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
An user complained that unable to transfer more than 1000 BTS with mobile wallet.  On the confirmation page, it shows amount = 0.00000.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The first beta, and the first upload to f-droid were all 1.0.0. Every upload since then has been 1.0.1.
I'm hoping when we release v1.1 to google play that most users will be able to just get the update automatically after it is approved. This will make all of our releases from here on out a hell of a lot easier. I think I still have some old beta links floating around the forum here still too, tried to find them with the forum search thing at the top but not having not much luck with that, so not sure.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
The BitShares Wallet v1.0.1 for Android (~25MB) has now been submitted successfully to:
The BitShares Wallet v1.0.1 for iOS and Windows Mobile (as you can see above) is in progress, just need to get the brainkey and UI done for those platforms now. We're getting close..

Hey @kenCode, I thought the version you submitted on 3/7 was 1.0.1. 

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Ken, any idea why the f-droid version is (still) at 1.0.0 presently?

yeah, i asked them the same thing. they are not crawling the repo. the repo is pushing 1.0.1.
i will email them again later this week if i don't get a reply. I'd say check it again this friday, they will probably update again by then.

Awesome K, thanks for the update.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

yeah, i asked them the same thing. they are not crawling the repo. the repo is pushing 1.0.1.
i will email them again later this week if i don't get a reply. I'd say check it again this friday, they will probably update again by then.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The BitShares Wallet v1.0.1 for Android (~25MB) has now been submitted successfully to:
The BitShares Wallet v1.0.1 for iOS and Windows Mobile (as you can see above) is in progress, just need to get the brainkey and UI done for those platforms now. We're getting close..
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Getting some more work done on wallet v1.1, gonna speed up the qr code reading, testing out the rewards card feature, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENobIc3dCZ4&index=12&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

Will try to post another video this week too demonstrating the new overdraft protection feature in v1.1.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx guys :)

@pc the only thing I can think of that would deny your connection then if it's not a port, ip block, lan or wan issue is the Witness node itself that is giving you the conn issue. In v1.2 we will have the ability in the settings screen to choose a different Witness node though. I hope that helps and am sorry to hear that you can't connect. I have mentioned it to my devs too.
www.PalmPay.chat