Author Topic: Suggestion - time to take action email list  (Read 3897 times)

Offline ksi

• View Profile
MMC is the first one that honor PTS holders. It is the only lunched coins until now that do this. MMC shows the good aspect of PTS for newbies. So I think it is reasonable to keep MMC in this forum.
PTS: PiHnXwebXJeCMKXcGynNQHWDV6L8pE7mTS

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
I agree,
if MemoryCoin is not a III sanctioned DAC and they didn't follow the rules, I'm not sure why you gave them an official forum.

When I created the MMC board I just wanted the MMC redeeming questions have a place to be discussed, instead of flooding protonshares board. And it was a perfect example to let protoshares holders to have feelings how to redeem bitshares using protoshares in future. Lesson well learned, and will be more careful next time.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I agree,
if MemoryCoin is not a III sanctioned DAC and they didn't follow the rules, I'm not sure why you gave them an official forum.

Because they were the first 3rd Party to honor ProtoShares and we appreciated the gesture.  At the time they launched, the "rules" only applied to Invictus DACs and 3rd parties were merely encouraged to participate at their discretion.  Thanks to them we now have a demonstration of how this works for all to point to. 

However, with the advent of AngelShares we have a new obligation to do all we can to motivate 3rd Parties to honor those who built the ecosystem they are enjoying.  Our promise to promote, support and endorse only those 3rd Party DACs that honor our stakeholder's contributions is an important benefit that 3rd Party developer's get for honoring the Social Consensus.  To dilute that for future DACs would be counterproductive and contrary to the expanded Social Consensus developed in December.  This is being codified further in the Social Consensus Software License (SCSL) bounty.

Makes sense, no standards for the first one since you're making it up.   
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I agree,

Because they were the first 3rd Party to honor ProtoShares and we appreciated the gesture.  At the time they launched, the "rules" only applied to Invictus DACs and 3rd parties were merely encouraged to participate at their discretion.  Thanks to them we now have a demonstration of how this works for all to point to. 

However, with the advent of AngelShares we have a new obligation to do all we can to motivate 3rd Parties to honor those who built the ecosystem they are enjoying.  Our promise to promote, support and endorse only those 3rd Party DACs that honor our stakeholder's contributions is an important benefit that 3rd Party developer's get for honoring the Social Consensus.  To dilute that for future DACs would be counterproductive and contrary to the expanded Social Consensus developed in December.  This is being codified further in the Social Consensus Software License (SCSL) bounty.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Why not have an 'unrelated' subboard form mmc2

Offline bytemaster

Suggestion would be to remove Memory Coin from the forum. I use "Show unread posts since last visit", and most the time the majority of posts are about Memory Coin, which I am not interested in reading.

You can ignore specific subforums in your account settings.

But yes, memorycoin should be told to migrate out of here

I just added the ignore option like you suggested,  perhaps we could have the admin make the default option to IGNORE MemoryCoin and then allow the MMC fans to not ignore them?   Want to encourage open community between the two users, especially as many of us have MMC that we haven't bothered to cash out yet.   If they do amount to something it would be nice.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Suggestion would be to remove Memory Coin from the forum. I use "Show unread posts since last visit", and most the time the majority of posts are about Memory Coin, which I am not interested in reading.

You can ignore specific subforums in your account settings.

But yes, memorycoin should be told to migrate out of here
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Fair about the third party thing, but as a benefit to your peeps it would have been nice to hear how to take advantage of it.

The memory coin was a good wake up call for me, hence here I am traipsing around forums trying to find out if there are any deadlines I need to know about etc. 

When are bitshares coming out?  Do I have to do anything?   No doubt there are entire conversations dedicated to that topic in these forums but I can't seem to find them in the little time I have.   

I just need faith, that as an email subscriber I will hear about things I need to do to get full value from my invictus sponsored products like protoshares. Even if those benefits are not in house or sanctioned.

If my memory serves I have only received 1 email per month from you guys as a newsletter, which I appreciate.   But a reminder to buy a keyhotee id on say the 20th of December would not have gone astray.

Anyway, just letting you know that the tech gimp with too much on his mind would like reminders of important stuff and faith that you will tell me.

Thanks again for all that you do.

Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I agree,
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Suggestion would be to remove Memory Coin from the forum. I use "Show unread posts since last visit", and most the time the majority of posts are about Memory Coin, which I am not interested in reading. Also, for any newcomer it would absolutely seem like MMC was an Invictus product as it is so prevalent in the forum.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Memory coin was a 3rd party coin

You need to have this in bold flashing letters at the top of this forum
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

We have a mailing list you can sign up for that we will announce the most important announcements in a timely manner.  Memory coin was a 3rd party coin and we do not officially sanction it because it only honored 1% rather than 10%.   

We are working to improve our ability to communicate to people who are not on the forums.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Hey guys,

I appreciate that things change quickly on your end as you roll with the punches.

On my end, I don't have time to live on forums to find out if action needs to be taken on my end for anything in particular.

Case in point (please forgive me if any of the following is false)
On christmas eve, protoshare holders were entitled to MM2 coins or something like that. In order to take advantage of that, you needed to have your coins in your wallet and not say on an exchange. Mine were on an exchange and I missed out. Even though I am on the Invictus email list, I did not receive a heads up to move my protoshares.

I think that is poor form especially given the season, but hey your busy, what can you do.

How about the option to subscribe to an email list to keep us informed of shit we need to do.   For example "Next week, bitshares will launch and you need to have your prtoshares in your wallet to claim them, and here is how to claim them."

I like the cause, and I Am trying to help with money, but it seems non-techies and non-on-the-boards-everyday people are gonna miss out on things we have been promised if you dont seek us out for important stuff with deadlines
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101