Author Topic: 100 PTS - Create 'What are BitShares?' Infographic [CLOSED]  (Read 13348 times)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
This is good. I had a feeling the opinions would be divided and varied.  Now how bout that infographic? Anyone out there working on it? This bounty is now [ACTIVE].  Good luck!  B

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
I think Bitcoin can be viewed as a DAC that pays 100% of revenues to employees while also diluting the company stock by 12% per year to make up for the fact that employees are more expensive than the value they are producing for the shareholders.   In other words, as a DAC bitcoin is bleeding red and will not even break even on day to day operations for 100 years. 

Compare this to an BitShares DAC that pays 100% of revenues as profits to shareholders and has no employee expenses.  Even with no other features than allowing share transfers BitShares will become the most profitable DAC of all the current crypto-currencies on the market including those that are normally considered our competitors such as Mastercoin.   

This simple compare and contrast demonstrates the value of our design even without understanding any other details about how BitShares works.

It is good to introduce BitShares in DAC standpoint, that is what we are doing here, BUT,

It is not a good idea to introduce two big concept (BitShares and DAC)in one infographic to a normal bitcoiner. Example of myself, I was attracted to the project by BitShares, because I want a decentralized bank, I love the algorithm how bitassets are created and how BitUSD is valued, then I read more about DAC, it is like eye-opening. I realized that I am in a new world.

Yes, more widely accepted DACs will lead 3I to success, but the flag product BitShares is the key to let people know us, and good way to get DAC-thinking adopted. BitShares is a decentralized exchange, then a DAC. So I suggest just focus on BitShares itself, mention little about DAC and Bitcoin.

Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Hey Forum, I NEED YOUR OPINION:  Would it be advantageous to compare/contrast BitShares and Bitcoin in this infographic? The first place we'll distribute this will be at the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami at the end of the month.

Since most everyone attending will be familiar with Bitcoin but not necessarily with BitShares, would it be useful to explain how the two are different and how how BitShares takes the powerful ideas of Bitcoin into new territory?  In other words, show how Bitcoin is the SMALLER idea, since it would qualify as just a single DAC in the soon to be huge DAC universe of decentralized businesses.  Please share your opinions, I'd like to know what you think. b

I think there is no need to compare or contrast BitShares with Bitcoin. Since everyone is familiar with bitcoin, giving some blockchain design detail is enough for people to understand this is from bitcoin idea. Bitcoin is a social test, we are making a real Eco-system based on the idea, surely BitBTC is supported in BitShares.

Just my 2 cents.

I think Bitcoin can be viewed as a DAC that pays 100% of revenues to employees while also diluting the company stock by 12% per year to make up for the fact that employees are more expensive than the value they are producing for the shareholders.   In other words, as a DAC bitcoin is bleeding red and will not even break even on day to day operations for 100 years. 

Compare this to an BitShares DAC that pays 100% of revenues as profits to shareholders and has no employee expenses.  Even with no other features than allowing share transfers BitShares will become the most profitable DAC of all the current crypto-currencies on the market including those that are normally considered our competitors such as Mastercoin.   

This simple compare and contrast demonstrates the value of our design even without understanding any other details about how BitShares works.

This little "elevator speech" seems to make the light come on for a lot of people.  Now how do you say it with pictures?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Hey Forum, I NEED YOUR OPINION:  Would it be advantageous to compare/contrast BitShares and Bitcoin in this infographic? The first place we'll distribute this will be at the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami at the end of the month.

Since most everyone attending will be familiar with Bitcoin but not necessarily with BitShares, would it be useful to explain how the two are different and how how BitShares takes the powerful ideas of Bitcoin into new territory?  In other words, show how Bitcoin is the SMALLER idea, since it would qualify as just a single DAC in the soon to be huge DAC universe of decentralized businesses.  Please share your opinions, I'd like to know what you think. b

I think there is no need to compare or contrast BitShares with Bitcoin. Since everyone is familiar with bitcoin, giving some blockchain design detail is enough for people to understand this is from bitcoin idea. Bitcoin is a social test, we are making a real Eco-system based on the idea, surely BitBTC is supported in BitShares.

Just my 2 cents.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

Just my 2 cents.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
I think the word definitely has to go out in as much ways as possible as it might turn more heads towards this direction. Although explaining bitshares in a very simplistic form is already quite a challenge I do think there needs to be a comparison chart within it especially on a bitcoin specific conference.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Less comparing, more contrasting. The only connection this has to bitcoin is that they both use the blockchain distributed consensus innovation, and that bitcoin is an asset tracked by bitshares. The similarity in name makes it particularly important to emphasize that bitshares do not behave like a currency or value store like gold (like bitcoin), but rather it is *equity in a DAC which performs certain market services*.

Compare/contrast might only be useful if you incorporate bytemaster's explanation of what bitcoin is when you interpret it as a DAC ("a bank that has a 12% wealth tax and ..." or something)
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
This bounty is for creating an infographic that visually explains  'What are Bitshares?'  It will show how BitShares functions on a basic level and how it is the first of many future DACs. You can reference Dan's 'What Are Bitshares' video on youtube as well as his articles on the invictus website for content.

What we're looking for is an infographic with a simple and elegant design, one page only, which can be printed on standard 8.5X11 paper, and tailored for the non-technical person.  We will then distribute it as a handout at the next event. Because the event is the end of this month, this bounty will have a deadline of Jan 17 at which time the winner will be chosen. 

Feel free to add comments or suggestions between now and Jan 7, at which time this bounty will become [ACTIVE].
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:50:29 pm by MktDirector »