Author Topic: 100 PTS - Create 'What are BitShares?' Infographic [CLOSED]  (Read 13347 times)

Offline bytemaster

NICE!   This is something we could work with.

We just had a huge company meeting where we hashed and rehashed how to brand BitShares BEX and concluded that we would like to just call it BitShares X.   We have more details to share about this decision which Brian should be posting when he gets a moment (he is working around the clock preparing for a major splash in Miami).

Here is a new Logo that Brian has had produced that should be incorporated.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline Avant

• View Profile
PTS: PvhU2D9ViKygoBQTgh9zeKuFTqi8j3TRjy
BTS: avanty

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Here's the updated version, the sketchy-like images didn't really work out for me, don't have decent tools here to draw but more importantly I wouldn't consider myself a decent drawing artist ;D . Awaiting your comments. Cheers!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:27:16 am by GodsCreation »
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Note the new branding strategy completely changes the definition of "BitShares" and hence this whole bounty must change.

MktDirector, I am curious if you are leading the branding strategy and also how you would respond to this post:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2166.msg25992#msg25992

edit: I see GodsCreation is already using "BitShares BEX", so I guess other people find this change less confusing than I do

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:38:10 am by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Please take care to incorporate our new BitShares branding strategy:

BitShares Forum » Development » General Discussion » The BitShares Brand
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Thanks guys , I will start making the necessary changes, re-arrange/scale some elements and try to incorporate more guiding images. 
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline bytemaster

Key points missing:

1) Cannot be confiscated
2) More private than a swiss bank
3) Faster than Bitcoin
4) 5% yield on deposits
5) No way to default.

A lot to convey, but you are doing great work.   
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Great work , I love  the scale idea.

My 2 cents :

I think instead of protoshare you meant Bitshare : Lends money into existence using your bitshare as collateral
Same thing here : Can call you loan if BTS fall in value

In my opinion I don't thing we should mention Protoshare  at all too much information already. We should stick only with Bitshare in this info-graphic. Already it is kind of difficult to grasp the polymorphic part of Bitshare for newbie.

Great work, and took the words out of my mouth. 

It would be nice if the bullet points could be represented with entertaining images like you would see if this was one of those whiteboard 'rapid sketch' videos.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Great work , I love  the scale idea.

My 2 cents :

I think instead of protoshare you meant Bitshare : Lends money into existence using your bitshare as collateral
Same thing here : Can call you loan if BTS fall in value

In my opinion I don't thing we should mention Protoshare  at all too much information already. We should stick only with Bitshare in this info-graphic. Already it is kind of difficult to grasp the polymorphic part of Bitshare for newbie.   

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Thanks for your input both, I made some adjustments accordingly. Guess it's still missing some elements and could be made a bit more neat but you'll get the idea.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
I agree.  Let's start with the customer experience.  What does BitShares do for the average joe vs what does a traditional bank do. Maybe a visual where all those fees, interest, dividends, etc are shown funneling to BoA, then another for Bitshares showing all those things flowing into Joe's pocket instead.  This one is a big one to get down to just a page, but I believe it can be done.  Anyone else want to collaborate or submit an idea? B

Offline bytemaster

I really think that a compare / contrast with Bank of America would help.

Bank of America -> earns revenue from transaction fees, atm fees, etc
Bank of America lends USD into existence using your house as collateral.  In the process you and the bank swap IOUs..  (Bank Deposits are IOUs)
BoA destroys USD when loan is repaid.
BoA pays interest on deposits and charges interest on loans
BoA pays dividends to shareholders
BoA can call your loan if your house falls in value.

Everything is the same with BitShares *except* that the collateral is stock in BitShares BEX

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Kinda stuck on this one, there's so much to tell about Bitshares . I wanted to do it like this: Left column an explanation about Bitshares + bullet points with key specifications, and on the right side an informal case accompanied with some images to make people grasp the concept more quickly. I could really use some guidance on which subjects you want to have covered exactly and in what detail. Thankss
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:30:47 am by GodsCreation »

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
I will give it a shot ! [edit]Try to have something by tonight, have to do some programming for KIDARC during the day[/edit]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:24:12 pm by GodsCreation »