Author Topic: I think angelshares are driving down the price of protoshares  (Read 18278 times)

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
And while the above fascinating effects are no doubt in play, we should note that http://coinmarketcap.com/ shows all the equities and coins in the top 10 are down about the same percentages today.

Yes, it looks like PTS's slide against BTC may have stopped, or call it stabilized.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
And while the above fascinating effects are no doubt in play, we should note that http://coinmarketcap.com/ shows all the equities and coins in the top 10 are down about the same percentages today.

Play the game to maximize your stake in BitShares and subsequent DACs.
Everything else is just noise.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
I think the AGS price difference between PTS and BTC indicates where the money come from: existing investors, or new investors. 

For newer interest, they most likely invest via BTC, existing PTS investors tend to use PTS, if both prices are comparable.

PTS price decreasing from 0.03 to 0.02 btc is at least partially caused by some existing investors converting PTS into BTC to take advantage of the price difference.

This trend will last as long as BTC serves as the better "payment option", however I suspect the source for PTS investment will exhaust first, and the trend will reverse, if AGS remains attractive by then.

JMHO
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:13:45 am by bitcool »

Offline bytemaster

There's a huge buy order right now on Cryptsy worth 27 BTC.  I guess not everyone thinks this is a bad thing.

The market price of PTS going down does not reflect a loss in 'value' of PTS it is just forcing the market to more accurately price the value than all of the other coins out there by forcing 10K in sales each and every day.   The BTC Angel fund is sucking a lot of the buying demand from long-term investors which get a 2:1 deal by buying AGS rather than PTS.   Many that hold PTS may be selling it for BTC just so they can buy AGS and get a slightly better deal than sending PTS directly to the PTS AGS address.

So given this situation the price is sagging in the short term, but in the long term this process is making PTS much more valuable.   It is like turning on a motor that causes the lights to dim until it gets up to speed.  Any dip is merely short term and not the market voting against the plan.

Put another way, prior to launching AGS daily volume was only $40K and now people are buying $90K+ of AGS each and every day while PTS volume is still $50K.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline kana

• View Profile
It seems to me that as long as you get a better ratio of angelshares/btc  compared to angelshares/pts that the price will be forced down on pts. At least that is the way it has seemed so far with the  recent price drop.

or because BTC is rising in value again?

It has gone down like 2 usd each

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
There's a huge buy order right now on Cryptsy worth 27 BTC.  I guess not everyone thinks this is a bad thing.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
There are not enough btc investors in AGS and the price of pts is suffering and will continue to suffer to this as pts holders rush to sell off pts to get better ratios on btc/AGS. The only way out of this is to drum up more marketing/support from btc community to buy AGS or face  declining pts prices until it meets an equilibrium between BTC and PTS donated per day.

So we all have near-term motivation to get out there and drum up BTC investment from outside our community.

Meanwhile, as progress starts happening at 10x the prior rate (due to the infused funds and fresh talent) the demand for both will climb together. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
There are not enough btc investors in AGS and the price of pts is suffering and will continue to suffer to this as pts holders rush to sell off pts to get better ratios on btc/AGS. The only way out of this is to drum up more marketing/support from btc community to buy AGS or face  declining pts prices until it meets an equilibrium between BTC and PTS donated per day.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:58:28 am by Pocket Sand »

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Sounds reasonable, the PTS/BTC price is tied by ags. But if there is another successful DAC, PTS price with jump high.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
It seems to me that as long as you get a better ratio of angelshares/btc  compared to angelshares/pts that the price will be forced down on pts. At least that is the way it has seemed so far with the  recent price drop.
u r probably correct.

Offline soniq

• View Profile

or because BTC is rising in value again?
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Possible. Good time for placing buy-orders :)

Offline kana

• View Profile