Author Topic: why bts lack users????????  (Read 11239 times)

Offline fuzzy

just want to remind people they can very easily get TRYBITSHARES from me to hand out on social media.  The idea is that instead of telling them how great bts is...you give them some TRYBITSHARES tokens and let them setuo a wallet and withdraw them ...in a tx that takes less than 3 seconds. 

We have tools at our disposal. We simply need to get bts into the hands of people who will check it out.
What you saying is give away BTS for free? hope you are not one of BTS dev

Nope.  I am saying this:

#Sharebits "neo1344" 300 TRYBITSHARES

You should be receiving 300 TRYBITSHARES UIAs now to pass out along with a message telling people to try the ecosystem.  you can pass them via Twitter, Reddit and url link (so pretty much everywhere else too). 

Getting people to make a wallet is literally half the battle.  If they have something that makes them curious (oh I received tokens?  what are they?) and then are guided to create an OpenLedger account, they are going to be more likely to download it and try it out.  From that point it is just making sure your token hits the right demographics and the message appeals to what in bitshares their

So for instance if I am planning on reaching out to #anonymous on twitter I go to that hashtag and start sending out "AnonymousCoin" to them along with something that talks about the privacy/anonymity features bitshares offers and how it is the most decentralized blockchain out there.  It has to do with us using the tools we have available to make bitshares the best it can be and bring onboard brilliant minds.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

fba mode is good
you use bts as tools platform  to  do business
share the income with bts    the developer get the large part

sexy right? :D

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
No liquidity in the DEX, and stakeholders are too cheap to fix it (dilution is the only surefire way to fix it.)
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline deer

• View Profile
burn the stupid worker fund pool!and announce that never inflation!anyone want to make profit can do FBA or app and fund from outside!(if you can't,how dare you can say it's a “good” project) and  I think the hitory fund can at least give us a full api and stable wallet ,right?

3 “inlfation years” has past ,we can barely take it any more .
I think it is the only way out

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
just want to remind people they can very easily get TRYBITSHARES from me to hand out on social media.  The idea is that instead of telling them how great bts is...you give them some TRYBITSHARES tokens and let them setuo a wallet and withdraw them ...in a tx that takes less than 3 seconds. 

We have tools at our disposal. We simply need to get bts into the hands of people who will check it out.
What you saying is give away BTS for free? hope you are not one of BTS dev

Offline morpheus

• View Profile
I'm with you.. I actually was hoping to see more feedback from others in your thread but saw nothing.

Are there any regulatory issues we may face in creating lending markets like this?

I don't know.  I hate regulation and choose to ignore it (at least for now), which may come back to bite me one day.  It would be a shame if a great new world changing technology was stopped because of regulation.  I say build it first and deal with the regulation later.  Once the system is highly profitable and ready for mainstream, then we can pay people through worker proposal to deal with the regulators.  Chances are the regulators won't bother you in the earliest stages, like right now.

Offline fuzzy

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Simply this:

This is why we are not seeing any growth in the smartcoin market.  The lending market will fix this as I have outlined in this post. 

In order to become profitable bitshares has to solve a real-world problem that has not already been solved.  Right now it doesn't completely solve a real-world problem, but it is 90% of the way there.  Stealth, by itself, does not solve a real world problem that has not already been solved but it is necessary.  The two things on the docket that will allow bitshares to solve a real world problem are the lending market and the prediction market.  The lending market, in conjunction with the creation of the most popular physical commodity markets and equity market indicies, and making of these markets will solve a real world problem that has never been solved before in a decentralized fashion.  Maker will be helpful too. 

Once stealth is done, we should go full force and fund the lending market and prediction market (at the same time if possible) through cnx, no matter what the cost.  The cost will be worse if we don't.

And don't tell me about Bitcoin mining is the same as BItShares dilution . I know a lot of BItcoin miners shutdown their mining when the price is too low . But that's hardly happened in BitShares . When BTS price is low , the magic word is "dilute on market rate " .

That is a good point.  Development doesn't get cheaper as prices fall.

I'm with you.. I actually was hoping to see more feedback from others in your thread but saw nothing.

Are there any regulatory issues we may face in creating lending markets like this?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Well considering we are only paying around $250 a day for developement from SVK, Xeroc, Bill Butler(MIA) and cass.  This is a pretty good deal.  The documentation is getting better and so is the interface.  The problem is when CNX comes in and runs a huge worker proposal.  It dilutes like crazy and it passes with hardly any friction at all... It just furthers the thought that bts is centralized.

I'm a big fan of what Abit has done with the percentage based fees.  It's great to see outside devs doing things for the project.

Overall the ecosystem is growing.  Productive UIA's are coming out and some third parties (OPENPOS and odoo) are starting to implement bts and smart coins.  I look forward to seeing what freebie is doing and the addition of fiat on ramps from CCEDK.  CNX seems to have stepped back from bts and has focused on stealth and maybe some other things.  Their github has been quite and I think this is a good thing.

Investors hate uncertainty and bts is about as uncertain as you can get.

Fair overview.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Because people don't need crypto in general .

Because people only need blockchain technology , they don't necessary want to pay for a speculative object . Sooner or later , if people does want to use this tech , there will be companies build a platform using bitshares/ethereum/bitcoin code and disregard the allocation . And they will provide better development (really,someone want to tell me how awesome the team is that even Google throw out 100000 million USD they couldn't find 100 people like them ????  ), better service , better network effect  .

Speculation is the only thing that's keeping a easy-to-copy software code on tens of  millions of marketcap . Usage/applications on the news is just topic for speculation world .

And BitShares killed speculative drive on the ground of getting more users . Even merger,dilution , was an excuse to get more users (and pay for development in the process) .

But users are picky . They won't show up just because you can do 1 sec transaction or you claim you can dilute forever that you have enough development to add value . They like to go with a company that can provide nice service . Godaddy , ebay ..etc ....

Speculation and their capital/liquidity contribution is the only value in BitShares . Users' usage depends on the value that the speculators provides .

When you make speculators/capital scared to come in , you make marketcap low . When you make marketcap low , users won't have decent liquidity to use your service . It's all connected .

I think the only thing that can save BitShares now is cut cost , cut big dreams , big plans ,  stop and burn dilution , and use outside funding to fund basic development and let them pay for a common platform . Stop taking money from where there is no money to be taken . Find money in where is plenty of money.

And don't tell me about Bitcoin mining is the same as BItShares dilution . I know a lot of BItcoin miners shutdown their mining when the price is too low . But that's hardly happened in BitShares . When BTS price is low , the magic word is "dilute on market rate " .

I know bitcoin miners buy Bitcoin when the price is low . DO bitshares dilution do that ?

oops , I've become a FUDer . ....

Well considering we are only paying around $250 a day for developement from SVK, Xeroc, Bill Butler(MIA) and cass.  This is a pretty good deal.  The documentation is getting better and so is the interface.  The problem is when CNX comes in and runs a huge worker proposal.  It dilutes like crazy and it passes with hardly any friction at all... It just furthers the thought that bts is centralized.

I'm a big fan of what Abit has done with the percentage based fees.  It's great to see outside devs doing things for the project.

Overall the ecosystem is growing.  Productive UIA's are coming out and some third parties (OPENPOS and odoo) are starting to implement bts and smart coins.  I look forward to seeing what freebie is doing and the addition of fiat on ramps from CCEDK.  CNX seems to have stepped back from bts and has focused on stealth and maybe some other things.  Their github has been quite and I think this is a good thing.

Investors hate uncertainty and bts is about as uncertain as you can get.

Offline morpheus

• View Profile
Simply this:

This is why we are not seeing any growth in the smartcoin market.  The lending market will fix this as I have outlined in this post. 

In order to become profitable bitshares has to solve a real-world problem that has not already been solved.  Right now it doesn't completely solve a real-world problem, but it is 90% of the way there.  Stealth, by itself, does not solve a real world problem that has not already been solved but it is necessary.  The two things on the docket that will allow bitshares to solve a real world problem are the lending market and the prediction market.  The lending market, in conjunction with the creation of the most popular physical commodity markets and equity market indicies, and making of these markets will solve a real world problem that has never been solved before in a decentralized fashion.  Maker will be helpful too. 

Once stealth is done, we should go full force and fund the lending market and prediction market (at the same time if possible) through cnx, no matter what the cost.  The cost will be worse if we don't.

That is a good point.  Development doesn't get cheaper as prices fall.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
fba mode is good
you use bts as tools platform  to  do business
share the income with bts    the developer get the large part

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
it's the 30BTS fees.

/sarcasm

Offline fuzzy

Because people don't need crypto in general .

Because people only need blockchain technology , they don't necessary want to pay for a speculative object . Sooner or later , if people does want to use this tech , there will be companies build a platform using bitshares/ethereum/bitcoin code and disregard the allocation . And they will provide better development (really,someone want to tell me how awesome the team is that even Google throw out 100000 million USD they couldn't find 100 people like them ????  ), better service , better network effect  .

Speculation is the only thing that's keeping a easy-to-copy software code on tens of  millions of marketcap . Usage/applications on the news is just topic for speculation world .

And BitShares killed speculative drive on the ground of getting more users . Even merger,dilution , was an excuse to get more users (and pay for development in the process) .

But users are picky . They won't show up just because you can do 1 sec transaction or you claim you can dilute forever that you have enough development to add value . They like to go with a company that can provide nice service . Godaddy , ebay ..etc ....

Speculation and their capital/liquidity contribution is the only value in BitShares . Users' usage depends on the value that the speculators provides .

When you make speculators/capital scared to come in , you make marketcap low . When you make marketcap low , users won't have decent liquidity to use your service . It's all connected .

I think the only thing that can save BitShares now is cut cost , cut big dreams , big plans ,  stop and burn dilution , and use outside funding to fund basic development and let them pay for a common platform . Stop taking money from where there is no money to be taken . Find money in where is plenty of money.

I know bitcoin miners buy Bitcoin when the price is low . DO bitshares dilution do that ?

oops , I've become a FUDer . ....

beautifully stated. i disagree at times with you but this is definitely at least pretty close.

Offline freedom

• View Profile
no ez to find sticky thread containing instructions for:

My Bitshares-PTS wallet contained PTS when the snapshot to transfer PTS to BTS occurred. I have finally set up my Bitshares 2.0 wallet and successfully pulled in my old btsx wallet. However, I can't figure out how to get my old PTS wallet info in to be exchanged for BTS. I went back and imported the PTS wallet.dat into my old Bitshares .9.3 wallet and then tried to reimport that into Bitshares 2 but was unsuccessful. The error was that it had already been imported.

You own the network, but who pays for development?

Technology is for you, or for the general public?