Author Topic: [CMO] Vote for stalemate  (Read 17877 times)

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
Well,
This coin needs a CMO (among other things).
Threw in my vote which should secure the role for you...
Since I haven't sold any coin yet, I really hope you do a good job :)
Good luck

Ah thanks, itsik. I wasn't expecting that.
By the way, I'm not sure what the recent situation of MMC price ticker for Android is but if it's outdated, you owe us an updated one :)
(p.s. never mind, I'm joking)
Seems it was broken for some time now (Bter changed a URL..)
Fixed now :)
Good luck

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Well,
Good luck

Ah thanks, itsik. I wasn't expecting that.
By the way, I'm not sure what the recent situation of MMC price ticker for Android is but if it's outdated, you owe us an updated one :)
(p.s. never mind, I'm joking)
Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
Well,
Good luck

Offline emre

• View Profile
a huge +1 on that.

good luck.

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
I'm applying for CMO position, once more.
My voting address is : MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ
You can read my updated thread from here: https://www.mmc-square.com/candidacy-declarations/26/cmo-stalemate/271/
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline seraphim

bgaer: voting results are counted every 2 hours - so if you buy, vote and sell you get nothing. you'd have to buy and hold
Meet you on STEEM

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
bgaer: there's no way to establish a 1-vote-per-person system if you don't want to use something like postident...you can have as many personalities as you wish everywhere on the internet.

By the way, regarding my voting system for marketing team, each community member who would like to participate in project voting must verify his/her identity just like my developer team.

Offline bgaer

• View Profile
Seraphin, I am a software engineer and as a group we generally do not except the concept of "no way" to do something :)

A little imagination goes a long way - my point is voting based on coins in possesion is in my opinion a horrible system.   All I need to do is go buy up as many coins as I can on a voting cycle, vote and sell.

There is a better solution out there- I appear to be one of the few if not the only one that is bothered by it though so I guess its not a issue to the community.

I just really don't like systems that are that easily hacked - its a wonderful addition to the coin - I just dont agree with the implementation.  Thats just my .00002 mmc :)

Brian

Offline ManeBjorn

• View Profile
Regardless of who wins one big thing I think we should work on is getting a physical coin.  It can be user loadable like a bunch of the new coins.
We could even work on one similar to Nasty Fans setup.  You buy a coin which gets you a seat and can also be traded and mined to in order to increase it's value.  This would help adoption rates and visibility among many more people.

A simple copper Bitcoin that I won as a consolation prize on a website was what hooked me into cryptocurrency so long ago now.  It's a great marketing tool and if you put something in someone's hands it makes it real and immediate to them.

I spoke with my cousin who works on movies like Hunger Games and Happy Feet two and such and got him interested in mining MMC. 
There just does not seem like there is much info or promotion out there for MMC like so many other coins.  He had not heard of it before reading my article.  We definitely need to get more out there.
We should look into some actual advertising since we are a group with some funds.  We also need to promote and get some people to sponsor a few more faucets.  They seem to help introduce people to differeing coins rather quickly.
I am actually going to donate 1 MMC to the faucet after I finish this post as it is 70% of the time empty.

Good luck guys it's a big task and you both have good ideas and projects that no matter what we should keep going on.

Tips Appreciated MMC | MQotia5NmKTsaXXPaN8hw2ze3Z1DNwi39s
https://www.multibet.io/index.php?ref=ManeBjorn

Offline seraphim

bgaer: there's no way to establish a 1-vote-per-person system if you don't want to use something like postident...you can have as many personalities as you wish everywhere on the internet.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Thanks Brian. It's been a pleasure doing business with you. I was preparing your cashback offer and just saw your post here ;)
As for voting system mentioned in my post, it is all about project development for marketing. I thought developers in my marketing team should have a bigger vote weight than the community just to prevent a vast number of projects flying around. Thus, I decided a 70% for devs, might be 60% as well, I'll decide that when I'm elected.
As for MemoryCoin officer voting, I think it is a fair voting system in the long-term but I can't say the same for the short-term.
I think the main problem for MemoryCoin is pool hashrate distribution. Once, there was 1 pool with 90% of total hashrate, glad to see this percentage dropped a bit. Our new CNO, KillerByte was working hard on these issues lately and I'm sure MemoryCoin will continue its growth with developers, merchants and investors even though it is depreciated since its launch.

Offline bgaer

• View Profile
Question -

Why the vote weight?   That is honestly the major problem I have with Memory Coin as a platform - the fact that voting is weighted by number of coins owned.

This system basically destroys the entire concept of voting - as early adopters or those with the biggest $ to throw at it - will always win.   There will never be a true community represented congress with this system.

It seems like your proposing the make this system of meritocracy even stronger.   

Voting will be publicly visible.
Aforementioned parties will have a vote weight (different from our Wallet voting - Each vote counts 1)
CMO team members vote weight = 70%
MemoryCoin community vote weight = 30%

I think you will be a great CMO and you will get my vote anyway - I just wanted to take this opportunity to suggest to you that you rethink the vote weighting.

In my opinion voting should be by individual - and limited to 1 vote per person.    While I understand that could be difficult because of the anonymity of the system - there are several ways to implement this via email address, payment address, etc.    This would be a TRUE democratic system.   

Its hard to argue that meritocracy is stronger in any way then democracy.  If the purpose is to keep the creators/developers in power - then take those titles away and make the platform a representative monarchy type system where those that are the founders cannot be voted out?

Just my suggestion - I really have no complaints about the coin, my complain is the voting system.   I simply choose not to use it because it is a waste of time to vote if you do not have very large sums of MMC.    I believe many in the community probably feel the same.

This is not ment to offend anyone or to start a discussion on the coin voting system - I am just letting the candidate know what I feel about his platform and how he could ensure my vote.     

On a side note- I have done international business with stalemate and he is a stand up/honest business man and easy to do business with, especially considering he is in Turkey and I am in Arizona, USA.

Thanks,
Brian

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Yeah, thanks itsik78. I hope this will guide you in promoting MemoryCoin. As you may notice, I'm not begging or flooding exchanges for MemoryCoin to be listed. I'm just offering my services ;)
Simple and effortless.
Note to self: Don't reply to Stalemate's posts.
Thanks for guiding me.
oh, I was just teasing you. c'mon! we're in a competition. let's do our best for mmc.
;)

By the way, while you were spamming exchanges, I got MemoryCoin listed on CoinPayments.net
Read thread here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2565.0 lmfao
Nice job.
Now please change your attitude as it's getting tiresome.
I'd be happy to tip you for that, PM me your address and I'll send you 200 MMCs once we're live on CoinPayments.net.

As for your question in the other thread - Yes I will. Will you do the same if you have no interest in getting an officer role?

1) We are already live on CoinPayments.net
2) I don't need to be tipped from my campaign rival. Besides, I declared before (check my earlier forum threads) that I'll provide automated payment gateway to the community FREE.
3) I may or may not change this attitude but all I know is I don't like being told about changing my attitude towards someone cause I'm a true sagi! :)

4) You must be blind. I created Coaex and get CoinPayments support while I was not paid.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:10:47 am by stalemate »

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
Yeah, thanks itsik78. I hope this will guide you in promoting MemoryCoin. As you may notice, I'm not begging or flooding exchanges for MemoryCoin to be listed. I'm just offering my services ;)
Simple and effortless.
Thanks for guiding me.
oh, I was just teasing you. c'mon! we're in a competition. let's do our best for mmc.
;)

By the way, while you were spamming exchanges, I got MemoryCoin listed on CoinPayments.net
Nice job.
Now please change your attitude as it's getting tiresome.
I'd be happy to tip you for that, PM me your address and I'll send you 200 MMCs once we're live on CoinPayments.net.

As for your question in the other thread - Yes I will. Will you do the same if you have no interest in getting an officer role?

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Simple and effortless.
Thanks for guiding me.
;)