Author Topic: Pre-Mine concerns  (Read 25699 times)

Offline Velocd

• View Profile
It doesn't matter what I say, this topic is never going to go away - I'm just not engaging with it anymore.

As for you NewMine, I think you're ideologically opposed to what we're trying to do here, and I don't trust you at all. You'll be back with another name in no time at all.

It truly does matter what you say because you're the CEO and as CEO you can affect confidence in your coin. Every time you respond you attempt to shift the focus away from you thinking people will forget about the questions being asked. It seems extremely shady to continually dodge legitimate questions. Hopefully you sack up and answer at some point.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
It doesn't matter what I say, this topic is never going to go away - I'm just not engaging with it anymore.

As for you NewMine, I think you're ideologically opposed to what we're trying to do here, and I don't trust you at all. You'll be back with another name in no time at all.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
So Freetrade, now that you cleaned out my posts from other threads and compiled them here, do you have any intention of answering?   

You gave yourself hundreds of thousands of coins and you can't be bothered to develop without a constant stream of pay?

Again, don't believe everything you read in an internet forum. Sure I have coins from MC1 and the ProtoShares distribution, but it's not hundreds of thousands of coins - suggest you check your sources before repeating them.

You're totally right - How many MMC were assigned to addresses you directly or indirectly control, in the genesis block?    I believe you are the only one who can answer this and it seems like a vitally important transparency issue given this directly impacts voting and you've already shown that you've got no problem voting with a block of 40k because heck, didn't think it would be a conflict of interest to vote for yourself when you gave yourself coins for free!

That's been pointed out to above, acknowledged as a mistake and corrected. Its disappointing that you just repeat it without acknowledging the steps taken to correct it.  As for specific balances, I'm not getting into that, because it would never end, and I'm entitled to the same privacy as any other shareholders. I suggest you track down satoshi and ask him the same question.

Lets assume you spent 1 month of full time work adapting Protoshares (which you were paid to develop) to MemoryCoin.   What do you think is a reasonable amount to pay you for that time in US dollar terms.   What would be a compelling US dollar amount worth of pay be to convince you to give support to your project for say, a year?   

Is this the other question you want answered? I don't understand it. Are you offering me a job? I don't want to work for you. Is MemoryCoin offering me a contract? It can't. I have a job for now - MemoryCoin CEO while the shareholders decide to keep me. I'm not looking for another position.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:15:57 am by FreeTrade »
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
So Freetrade, now that you cleaned out my posts from other threads and compiled them here, do you have any intention of answering?   

You're totally right - How many MMC were assigned to addresses you directly or indirectly control, in the genesis block?    I believe you are the only one who can answer this and it seems like a vitally important transparency issue given this directly impacts voting and you've already shown that you've got no problem voting with a block of 40k because heck, didn't think it would be a conflict of interest to vote for yourself when you gave yourself coins for free!

That's been pointed out to above, acknowledged as a mistake and corrected. Its disappointing that you just repeat it without acknowledging the steps taken to correct it.  As for specific balances, I'm not getting into that, because it would never end, and I'm entitled to the same privacy as any other shareholders. I suggest you track down satoshi and ask him the same question.
[/quote]

Lets assume you spent 1 month of full time work adapting Protoshares (which you were paid to develop) to MemoryCoin.   What do you think is a reasonable amount to pay you for that time in US dollar terms.   What would be a compelling US dollar amount worth of pay be to convince you to give support to your project for say, a year?   

Is this the other question you want answered? I don't understand it. Are you offering me a job? I don't want to work for you. Is MemoryCoin offering me a contract? It can't. I have a job for now - MemoryCoin CEO while the shareholders decide to keep me. I'm not looking for another position.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Adam, I don't think you understand how this works. You mention people getting paid 1000s of bitcoins a year assuming a price of 0.2btc each but by that point the payout will be far lower. Instead of trying to be productive you just moan on the forums without making any serious proposals.

Says a guy in one of the elected paid positions.

Instead of trying to be productive you just moan on the forums without making any serious proposals.

a huge +1 on that.

Says another guy in one of the elected paid positions.
I'm not in an elected position?
And I have contributed to this coin, all you have done is reduced confidence and moaned.
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline TiGei99

• View Profile
And here a list of some other top scorer when Memory Coin 2.0 started:
12-15-13 08:09:40 MLdZXb6PTZ1Pz9iSsUF2UGtkTJ28Ek4GTS 82555.12961190 MMC
12-15-13 08:09:40 MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN 38644.12392340 MMC
12-15-13 08:09:40 MVTEoEo5LgYAMVh95oBBfGPj2eCDzkuJC3 34207.68138260 MMC
12-15-13 08:09:40 MVZEBcsue2Y2MBFPQ6Mru5uL8vZEAPiMcm 28930.49534570 MMC
12-15-13 08:09:40 MVF4kgdRuCQoFHxuy63Ses5F3QpfDNJvGy 11532.00000000 MMC

MMC: MDp6AbARFnh68S8jURM4T8WBWudY5caMPq

Offline TiGei99

• View Profile
Would be interesting if this is also Freetrade:

The start of Memorycoin 2.0
eacc494ba5f29ebf4cf7dd0f2a3250893a80d49dbd8350a6301a2131466ac227 12-15-13 08:09:40
Mined Block Reward for
MBw4baArvAshpJtogWM4A39MBcrXoxkfAB   71933.37404660 MMC

bd278ecd20ded897fba48f54609a6d7b8959f195e6946cdac854771cdc2acfc6 01-07-14 02:32:00 today
To: MJ9bFhL4RihqCTnJjTKxUYMnwpGvhEYKfu                69933.3739466 MMC
          MQ8R2zQEfgBsgLRES3ooyuKey4qqm4XiTb                    2000 MMC

And about the falling price which started on 2nd January I think this is because of the big GPU mining rigs which sell the MMC and overstocking the market.
MMC: MDp6AbARFnh68S8jURM4T8WBWudY5caMPq

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Adam, I don't think you understand how this works. You mention people getting paid 1000s of bitcoins a year assuming a price of 0.2btc each but by that point the payout will be far lower. Instead of trying to be productive you just moan on the forums without making any serious proposals.

I provided a range with the pay at current prices relative to the pay at higher MMC prices.  Point was, it's a pretty good job considering you don't have to do anything because there is no way to quality control the work before you've paid the applicant in advance quite well.   

And I did not talk about that in this thread, please try to stay on topic.  Here the questions are very clear - How many MMC did FreeTrade give himself in the Genesis block, how much is a month of his time working on a project that is close to his heart worth, and what would it cost for the community to secure his development services for a year.   As has been discussed before, the last time he abandoned a coin, you know, MemoryCoin 1, it was after being ousted by coinholders and the coin then died.   His stance about MemoryCoin 2 (thats the coin you've got now) is that he'll develop so long as he is the CEO and wants to.   If at any point for any reason he stops believing in the project, he'll think about leaving.   

If you're comfortable with that kind of situation this seems like the coin for you.  Meanwhile, they are real questions that deserve real answers and I'm still waiting.
From what I have found by searching addresses freetrade has approx 80,000 MMC, not that unreasonable as far as I am concerned.

No applicants so far have elected just because of their promises, they have all done something already to deserve that position.

Only Freetrade can answer this question unfortunately because he's the one who built the Genesis Block and only he knows how many addresses he controls.   Your speculation is as good as mine, which is not very good at all.

I'm not asking about the positions, I think it's very clear what I feel is important to know.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile

I provided a range with the pay at current prices relative to the pay at higher MMC prices.  Point was, it's a pretty good job considering you don't have to do anything because there is no way to quality control the work before you've paid the applicant in advance quite well.   

And I did not talk about that in this thread, please try to stay on topic.  Here the questions are very clear - How many MMC did FreeTrade give himself in the Genesis block, how much is a month of his time working on a project that is close to his heart worth, and what would it cost for the community to secure his development services for a year.   As has been discussed before, the last time he abandoned a coin, you know, MemoryCoin 1, it was after being ousted by coinholders and the coin then died.   His stance about MemoryCoin 2 (thats the coin you've got now) is that he'll develop so long as he is the CEO and wants to.   If at any point for any reason he stops believing in the project, he'll think about leaving.   

If you're comfortable with that kind of situation this seems like the coin for you.  Meanwhile, they are real questions that deserve real answers and I'm still waiting.
From what I have found by searching addresses freetrade has approx 80,000 MMC, not that unreasonable as far as I am concerned.

No applicants so far have elected just because of their promises, they have all done something already to deserve that position.
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I'm not asking how many MMC you have in your wallet.  I'm asking what is the number of MMC that you granted yourself direct or indirect control of as codified in the Genesis block.  There is only one right answer to this, and frankly if you're not willing to tell the users of your currency how many you gave yourself when you launched the thing how can you ever expect people to trust you?   How about a percentage of the coins generated in the genesis block, what 40%?  50%?

As mentioned before, these remain unanswered

How much time did you spend converting Protoshares to Memorycoin?  I assumed a month of full time work, but I would be happy if you would correct that to the real number.   In exchange for that work you did, since you do not consider the value of the coins moving forward what is the US dollar amount you feel compensates the work you've done on Memorycoin to this point if you were voted out today as CEO and decided to quit.   At what level of compensation would you feel "Well, that was a fair deal"

What would it cost in US dollar terms for the community to secure your support and development of your project for a year starting next month.

Since you have stated the only payoff you need is a project you believe in, would you be willing to devote 75% of your MMC holdings to the funding of Bounties that fulfill your vision of all that Memorycoin can be? 

At this point, seems like you're more likely to quit than actually clear the air.  Good news is you might have so many MMC you can't be fired this time :)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
When I'm removed as CEO, as will happen sooner or later, I'll have to decide carefully whether its worth my while volunteering efforts in an emeritus role. It'll depend on the new CEO and team and whether they're leading in the right direction. That's the price - a project that I believe in.

Yes
Let's use the power of the vote. Let's use our voting power to fix the fiat monetary system.
Let's vote for Obama because we believe in change.
Let's vote for a Republican that will balance the budget and bring down debt like Bush did.

I think MMC takes innovation backwards rather than forward...
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

emre

Instead of trying to be productive you just moan on the forums without making any serious proposals.

a huge +1 on that.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile