Author Topic: Bitshares has sponsored the Daily Decrypt for 4 weeks starting 9th Feb  (Read 9305 times)

Offline fuzzy

#sharebits onceuponatime 3 SILVERTICKET

Thanks @onceuponatime

#sharebits JonnyBitcoin 20 COPPERTICKET

Thanks for updating us!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline noisy

1) Speed - 3 second block times
2) Secure - no Mt. Gox here (you control your private keys)
3) Confidential transactions now, in GUI this quarter
4) For you developers: earn dividends from features you create thru Feature Backed Assets
5) Multisig made easy for everyone
6) Referral income for you affiliate hounds
7) FIAT on / offramps through CCEDK

+

8 ) Bitshares engine - Graphene, and web wallet Graphene UI were converted to MIT Licence!
9 ) Liquidity Event (after we agree about the details)
10 ) bitshares has own testnet on http://testnet.bitshares.eu/ where you can test whatever you want without spending any money.

What else is worth mentioning?
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
4 weeks sponsorship have now been fully funded and paid for by donations from the community. See updated original post.
Please stop donating now.
Thanks to everyone who donated, this should be some great exposure for BTS :-)
First episode is on the 9th.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Thom

you wrote, that on DailyDecrypt it will be worth of mentioning

4) For you developers: earn dividends from features you create thru Feature Backed Assets
:

Do you think it would be a good idea to mention about possible "Liquidity Event"? More details: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21265.0.html

What do you think about that idea?

I'm not much of a trader, but I really like your initiative!

Generally I think it's a fantastic idea. Perhaps you have just given me an incentive to get better at trading.

Thanks Noisy!

BTS sent to dailydecryptsponsorship9-15feb
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

TravelsAsia

100K sent

Transaction confirmed
#b1ffa3d2c86d108cd48d9282b48ab5fa2f022fde@3192101
TRANSFER   
From   ccedkbts
To   dailydecryptsponsorship9-15feb
Amount   100,000 BTS
Fee   32.42187 BTS

Not sure how much this will give us but thats what CCEDK and and OpenLedger is ready to donate for this cause.

Very generous.

Offline Thom

I'll kick in 3K. I'm a major fan of DD and Amanda is also very pro-BitShares. She told me last week she did an interview with BM but there were technical problems so it wasn't published. I encouraged her to reschedule and make it happen.

Her 2 separate interviews with the Dash dudes were not only longer but were well done and very informative. We need something similar.

I also agree with iHashFury our 15sec spots need to be simple and convey a specific point, like:

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
100K sent

Transaction confirmed
#b1ffa3d2c86d108cd48d9282b48ab5fa2f022fde@3192101
TRANSFER   
From   ccedkbts
To   dailydecryptsponsorship9-15feb
Amount   100,000 BTS
Fee   32.42187 BTS

Not sure how much this will give us but thats what CCEDK and and OpenLedger is ready to donate for this cause.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Have earmarked the second week with Amanda.

Just need 8500bts more and I'll get it booked.

Donate now to BTS account: dailydecryptsponsorship9-15feb

And do we want want to fundraise a 3rd week?  maybe openledger should sponsor a whole week too.  @ccedk

And do we have anyone good who would maybe do a skype interview/chat with Amanda?
maybe Max Wright, bytemaster RonnyB, fuzzy

Just sent some funds.  A skype interview would be great.  Is Max Wright still with us?  Haven't heard from him in a while.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Have earmarked the second week with Amanda.

Just need 8500bts more and I'll get it booked.

Donate now to BTS account: dailydecryptsponsorship9-15feb

And do we want want to fundraise a 3rd week?  maybe openledger should sponsor a whole week too.  @ccedk

And do we have anyone good who would maybe do a skype interview/chat with Amanda?
maybe Max Wright, bytemaster RonnyB, fuzzy

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
Only 1 week until the sponsorship kicks in! - @JonnyBitcoin - have we booked in for a second week?

This is an awesome opportunity to get more eyeballs on the project!, it reaches between 1000-5000 views on average per episode.
Best result I can see was 24,000 views only 3 weeks ago ;)

There has been some good suggestions so far on what info we could push out in our 15sec segment per show, but time is of the essence - any other ideas?

Offline GChicken

• View Profile
i agree that the testnet should get a mention, it is a great way to play around and see the possibilities.

also might be good if we can have Amanda run through a few wallet features or speak with Dan or Stan as a feature episode; she seems to be doing longer shows these days

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think we should highlight how even though we fight and we bicker and we call each other names, at the end of the day we vote and we move on. 

We should be like a family that fights internally, but if any member of the family is attacked by an outsider we all gang up on the attacker.

I may have disagreements with some community members, but I would take them over any bitcoiners any day.
I am with you puppies!

iHashFury

Top Tip for BitShares Holders

If you want to keep your shares in Bitshares and think this venture will increase our market cap (remember a lot of cool code is coming in February)

Consider shorting some USD to pay for advertising.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I think we should highlight how even though we fight and we bicker and we call each other names, at the end of the day we vote and we move on. 

We should be like a family that fights internally, but if any member of the family is attacked by an outsider we all gang up on the attacker.

I may have disagreements with some community members, but I would take them over any bitcoiners any day.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads