Poll

What should be the new CMO's focus?

Adding MMC2 to as many exchanges as possible
20 (48.8%)
Convincing additional miners (mostly GPU) to come and mine MMC2 instead of clone-coins
1 (2.4%)
Social Networking - Create and maintain Twitter, Facebook, Etc. accounts and build a followers community
4 (9.8%)
Media - Contact Bloggers and Bitcoin related sites with some press releases
11 (26.8%)
Graphics - Invest in the look & feel of the coin, the wallet and the related websites
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: January 10, 2014, 10:38:58 pm

Author Topic: What to Focus on?  (Read 6396 times)

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
voted for more exposure and marketing of MMC.

Getting more people to offer services for MMC would be a great benefit. Finding a hosting company possibly that accepts MMC for VPS, website hosting.

Finding digital product sellers to accept MMC, for example MMC for xbox live, software, itune gift cards...etc

Possible "get paid to" site that offers MMC as a payment for completing offers, surveys, watching videos...etc

Getting Paid to click sites to accept MMC for advertising and allowing earnings to be withdrawn as MMC.

These type of sites usually have average people like most of us trying to earn a few bucks, some investors. They might see MMC as a great investment seeing that you could make a few hundred dollars pretty quick trading MMC.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
As I stated in my proposal - Media is most important. Mainstream bitcoin blogs and podcasts should get a chance to understand why MMC is different.

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
The CMO should make a announcement to IT/TECH blogs, online newspapers  and such medias.
After making this announcement with some information on what MMC is and what has been accomplished so far and what the next step is, send that to the support team leader for translations. Then we spread it to all the tech/it blog owners we know, all the papers that seems relevant for the topic and other medias you can think of. This way we get exposure, fast and easy. Also continuing to make posts and threads in relevant forums is also a good idea, also updating those posts already created as soon as updates are released.
Good idea.
I will start writing a press release emphasizing the unique and innovative points

If you need translations for different countries later contact Seraphim. We got a great support group with many different nationalities.
Languages we currently handle

Banch: Finnish, English, little Swedish

Seraphim: English, German

Andhar: Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, English.

testz: Russian, English

IsaacGoldbourne: English

tomorrow: Chinese, English

pvaladares: Portugese, English

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
I stand corrected - you're doing a great job on that giveaway - where can I send funds to support it?

Thanks! :)
I'm funding it from my CMO address, so you can send it there:
MVTEcmodH7do4V47ht1U9AXQKMouqYNAYM

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
The CMO should make a announcement to IT/TECH blogs, online newspapers  and such medias.
After making this announcement with some information on what MMC is and what has been accomplished so far and what the next step is, send that to the support team leader for translations. Then we spread it to all the tech/it blog owners we know, all the papers that seems relevant for the topic and other medias you can think of. This way we get exposure, fast and easy. Also continuing to make posts and threads in relevant forums is also a good idea, also updating those posts already created as soon as updates are released.
Good idea.
I will start writing a press release emphasizing the unique and innovative points

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Started a giveaway thread on BitCoinTalk:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404762.0

For new users only, to try and get more people downloading our client.
I believe the easy mining option there will do a great job in getting people to start mining it and slowly get them to be involved with the coin.

I stand corrected - you're doing a great job on that giveaway - where can I send funds to support it?
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Quark story makes it obvious what is crucial for short-term altcoin success. Media coverage and precise timing.

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
The objective is to increase demand.

Offer a Lottery for all MMC users.

105% of the coins are paid out.

Make the payout split between 3 contestants from 65%, 25%, 10%

This should offer users incentive to start mining MMC.

I may work on this little idea :)
Cool!
Let me know when it's ready :)

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
The objective is to increase demand.

Offer a Lottery for all MMC users.

105% of the coins are paid out.

Make the payout split between 3 contestants from 65%, 25%, 10%

This should offer users incentive to start mining MMC.

I may work on this little idea :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:03:44 am by Delinquency »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
The idea was to get people to download the wallet and hopefully the easy mining option will increase chances they will start mining and get involved.
How do you suggest we "kickstart people's mining by mathing with small amount"?. Open to any idea.

Not sure, just thinking out loud too.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
The idea was to get people to download the wallet and hopefully the easy mining option will increase chances they will start mining and get involved.
How do you suggest we "kickstart people's mining by mathing with small amount"?. Open to any idea.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Generally I'm not in favour of giveaways/faucets because I think it sends the wrong message about the coin and doesn't require much participation (users can just grab an address from their exchange) so I haven't been funding this.

However if we could kickstart people's mining by matching with a small amount - that would reward participation and help to encourage people to get started - we've got a lot of funds in the defunct MCF that I need to distribute.

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
Started a giveaway thread on BitCoinTalk:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404762.0

For new users only, to try and get more people downloading our client.
I believe the easy mining option there will do a great job in getting people to start mining it and slowly get them to be involved with the coin.

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
#1: Encourage Miners to Adopt the coin (Mine and HOLD)
#2: Promote Demand (stimulate buying and possibility of profit by presenting calculations)
#3: Create an Application that can be utilized by the economically marginalized. (Present the normal individual with reasons why to mine MMC with a less-than-three minute video) [Possibly multiple jobs on fiverr?]
#4: Promote the exchange of services and goods by transfer of Memorycoin.
#5: Create a marketplace to sell MMC for other things rather than Bitcoins.
#6 Create an EASY tutorial with big and colorful letters and little steps. Make it easier to mine than bitcoins.

MAKE THE WEBSITE AND APPLICATION APPEALING TO THE GENERAL PC USER SO THEY WILL ADOPT.

Any individual who runs for CMO and makes these ideas happen will get my vote.
These are great points.
Thank you

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
#1: Encourage Miners to Adopt the coin (Mine and HOLD)
#2: Promote Demand (stimulate buying and possibility of profit by presenting calculations)
#3: Create an Application that can be utilized by the economically marginalized. (Present the normal individual with reasons why to mine MMC with a less-than-three minute video) [Possibly multiple jobs on fiverr?]
#4: Promote the exchange of services and goods by transfer of Memorycoin.
#5: Create a marketplace to sell MMC for other things rather than Bitcoins.
#6 Create an EASY tutorial with big and colorful letters and little steps. Make it easier to mine than bitcoins.

MAKE THE WEBSITE AND APPLICATION APPEALING TO THE GENERAL PC USER SO THEY WILL ADOPT.

Any individual who runs for CMO and makes these ideas happen will get my vote.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:01:55 am by Delinquency »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Yes, while I think many shareholders would like to see MMC listed on more exchanges, I don't think a direct approach works. They respond to demand from their customers. Thus you need to focus on creating demand for investment (so users want to buy the coin), create supply from a wide range of sellers (so users want to sell the coin).

I think that's best done by clearly explaining what makes our coin a unique and compelling proposition for investors, and a profitable proposition for miners.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:44:32 am by FreeTrade »

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Adding MMC2 to other exchanges is beyond our control. Besides, it is not rational at this stage. If you check bter volume daily and compare this data with daily minted coins, you'll understand what I mean. In a market with low circulation, it is hard to name a price. According to my valuation, MMC is now worth 0,85 usd. Well, you may call me a dreamer but this is how trade works in real world. My valuation is inversely proportional to the general market price now and will always be until I see a significant circulation. This would take a day, a month or a year. I'll still be working for this community at that time.

In conclusion, adding value for MMC is the officers' duty, not the markets, especially with no fiat options.
[/quote
Value is everyones job, we all need to create services etc to make this attractive.
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Adding MMC2 to other exchanges is beyond our control. Besides, it is not rational at this stage. If you check bter volume daily and compare this data with daily minted coins, you'll understand what I mean. In a market with low circulation, it is hard to name a price. According to my valuation, MMC is now worth 0,85 usd. Well, you may call me a dreamer but this is how trade works in real world. My valuation is inversely proportional to the general market price now and will always be until I see a significant circulation. This would take a day, a month or a year. I'll still be working for this community at that time.

In conclusion, adding value for MMC is the officers' duty, not the markets, especially with no fiat options.
Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Graphics are already very good, we need to get onto the exchanges and then get bloggers in on it. That will create the interest needed.
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline badbonez

• View Profile
I guess the ultimate goal is to get the coin to be used, through a retailer or charity site.  But to get there the coin needs exposure.  So I voted for the exchange because it seems if it gets on the exchange, people will notice it more, miners will mine it more and then you can use blogs and social media to reinforce that exposure and get the word out what's unique about this coin. 
MMC: MQ4EA85nnZwytrcqx9rJSpDWVTSXaxfqmc

Offline earntodie

• View Profile
- Adding MMC2 to as many exchanges as possible
and
- Media - Contact Bloggers and Bitcoin related sites with some press releases
1GH CLUB!! PTS mining club - PTS.1GH.COM, MEMORY coin mining club - MMC.1GH.COM, MAX coin mining club - MAX.1GH.COM

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
Hi guys and gals,
Please answer this poll to help the new CMO (hopefully myself) understand where the community wants the most focus in the next few days.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:08:14 pm by itsik78 »