Author Topic: trading decred on the DEX  (Read 5326 times)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
The IOU route can be done by anyone that can monitor two chains .. literally ..
Ally ou need to do is monitor an account on both chains and have a way to distinguish your customers.
Take a look at blocktrades .. there you put a memo that contains the data they need to forward the funds ..
if decred has a way to send a memo that would make things VERY easy. .. if not, you need to generate a new address for every user that wants to go from decred into BTS

Ronny(@ccedk), why not add decred immediately, and be ready to add any promising, new coins that launch?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The IOU route can be done by anyone that can monitor two chains .. literally ..
Ally ou need to do is monitor an account on both chains and have a way to distinguish your customers.
Take a look at blocktrades .. there you put a memo that contains the data they need to forward the funds ..
if decred has a way to send a memo that would make things VERY easy. .. if not, you need to generate a new address for every user that wants to go from decred into BTS

Offline tbone

• View Profile
Bump.  Any word on this, Ronny/@ccedk?  Decred is by far the most traded coin (by BTC volume) on Bleautrade.  The volume is not large by Poloniex standards, but a new exchange is getting some traction from being early to support a new coin.  There is another very promising coin that will launch within 4 weeks.  What a shame it would be to miss these opportunities. 

@fav: I heard you are involved with Decred in some way.  If we supported their coin, you could be funneling newly referred accounts into the DEX. 

@xeroc: do you know what it would take to get a new coin onto the DEX?  I assume it takes little/no involvement from the coin's dev team apart from providing documents to set up a wallet.  But it's not like we need their permission, right?
Technically, if you dont want an IOU, you'd need a side chain which is quite involved.
If an exchange would provide an IOU-token as a gateway, that could be implemented very quickly (assuming they have a proper API)

Yeah, no, I'm not talking about a sidechain, just an IOU token.  Was really just looking for corroboration that a coin can be added to the DEX without much trouble and without permission or even involvement from the coin's dev team aside from making API and documentation available.  So if this is the case, I wonder why we are not adding decred and otherwise making it known (at least starting with our shareholders) that we will add other new, promising coins immediately upon launch.

@ccedk @xeroc
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:24:01 pm by tbone »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Bump.  Any word on this, Ronny/@ccedk?  Decred is by far the most traded coin (by BTC volume) on Bleautrade.  The volume is not large by Poloniex standards, but a new exchange is getting some traction from being early to support a new coin.  There is another very promising coin that will launch within 4 weeks.  What a shame it would be to miss these opportunities. 

@fav: I heard you are involved with Decred in some way.  If we supported their coin, you could be funneling newly referred accounts into the DEX. 

@xeroc: do you know what it would take to get a new coin onto the DEX?  I assume it takes little/no involvement from the coin's dev team apart from providing documents to set up a wallet.  But it's not like we need their permission, right?
Technically, if you dont want an IOU, you'd need a side chain which is quite involved.
If an exchange would provide an IOU-token as a gateway, that could be implemented very quickly (assuming they have a proper API)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

I'm not involved with decred.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
any new exchange would certainly be good news  +5% +5%

Offline tbone

• View Profile

Offline tbone

• View Profile
In orer to look into getting new markets on the DEX, it can be done in many diffrent ways. If I have to look into it I need somebody else to get hold of whoever is respondble for their marketing and start a communication to find out if posssible or not.

I dont have time myself to this, as its time consiming to find the proper people people behind each crypto, but will be happy to look into if contact is created

@ccedk/Ronny: Do you need their permission to add it?  Either way, you can send a PM to the OP of their ANN (link below).  Right now they only trade on Bittrex and Bleautrade, so I think this could be a good move for OL. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290358.0

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
In orer to look into getting new markets on the DEX, it can be done in many diffrent ways. If I have to look into it I need somebody else to get hold of whoever is respondble for their marketing and start a communication to find out if posssible or not.

I dont have time myself to this, as its time consiming to find the proper people people behind each crypto, but will be happy to look into if contact is created
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline tbone

• View Profile
@ccedk/Ronny: Any word on whether we can get decred on the DEX?  There's another new project launching within a month (details later) which we should go after as well.  It would be great if we could become known as a platform that takes on new coins before other exchanges do.   

By the way, as great as it would be if we can attract new users in this manner, we should also remember the old adage: "you only get one chance to make a first impression".  I'm saying this because the DEX currently suffers from a serious flaw that is killing adoption and usage.  Please read the thread linked below for a description of the problem and a solution:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21485.msg279627.html#msg279627

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:34:37 am by tbone »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I believe Decred will be trading on Bleutrade to start.

Bleutrade are currently 37th by exchange volume according to CMC. They often hover around 40th near to the DEX. 

It will be interesting to see how their volume is effected over the following weeks as a result of being one of the first to add Decred.

It's a Brazilian exchange. Indeed, but better than see how it goes for them would be doing the same and having a chance of bringing in more people. Still I think we can easily take advantage of that even if we add it after them.

We have Emercoin, OpenLedger is working on adding Ethereum. If we have Decred next it can set a good precedent. People will expect OpenLedger to add the new coins trending and will look forward to trade them here because they know it would be the first place to do it.

It would still be positive, but it's too late to do the same, presumably by then Polo/other would have it too. First mover advantage is letting the community know you will be adding it at launch so they all go to you to trade. 
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Bleutrade are currently 37th by exchange volume according to CMC. They often hover around 40th near to the DEX. 

It will be interesting to see how their volume is effected over the following weeks as a result of being one of the first to add Decred.

It's a Brazilian exchange. Indeed, but better than see how it goes for them would be doing the same and having a chance of bringing in more people. Still I think we can easily take advantage of that even if we add it after them.

We have Emercoin, OpenLedger is working on adding Ethereum. If we have Decred next it can set a good precedent. People will expect OpenLedger to add the new coins trending and will look forward to trade them here because they know it would be the first place to do it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:58:45 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

If you want to take the island burn the boats

TravelsAsia

If this is done by OpenLedger, we need to provide a good market OPEN.BTC : OPEN.decred !!

Yes I agree, no need for BTS:DECRED imo, btc is better to attract more people

Yes.  With the share drop, it's a great opportunity to bring some serious attention to the DEX.