Author Topic: Monero  (Read 38816 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
What is up with Monero's sudden jump?  Didn't their main devs fluffy and smooth pretty much stop working on it?

Development work has actually increased greatly recently.  Ring CT is in progress now, multisig is now in progress, and funding was raised to make a GUI by the community.  (They raised like 18000 XMR for it in 13 hours).

Wow.. the community there is supportive.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I disagree, I think monero is the ideal crypto CURRENCY.  It should replace BTC.

BTS, ETH, etc are awesome crypto projects and platforms and will do great.  They arent really currencies, so they are not in competition.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

chryspano

What resources/effort  do you need in order to "break" monero's stealth and what resources do you need for BTS stealth?

Once Monero implements Ring Confidential Transactions (in progress), and now that they added a minimum mixin level of 2 (minimum ring size, this update will occur once the hard fork goes live at some block #), its incredibly hard to break Monero's privacy, if its possible at all. 

Not sure about Bitshares.

Monero passed Emercoin.  Hitting new all time high market cap levels with each rise.

My guess is that BTS stealth will be more than enought for the 99,99% of the population, monero on the other hand might be more suitable for more "shady" transactions(If they really have a beter stealh feature) but they will atract the attention of three letter agencies at some point, they need to be "100% invinsible", we just need to be "stealthy enought". 

I would say that monero is crypto 1.1  <<<===soonish dead version

Offline Ander

• View Profile
What is up with Monero's sudden jump?  Didn't their main devs fluffy and smooth pretty much stop working on it?

Development work has actually increased greatly recently.  Ring CT is in progress now, multisig is now in progress, and funding was raised to make a GUI by the community.  (They raised like 18000 XMR for it in 13 hours).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
What resources/effort  do you need in order to "break" monero's stealth and what resources do you need for BTS stealth?

Once Monero implements Ring Confidential Transactions (in progress), and now that they added a minimum mixin level of 2 (minimum ring size, this update will occur once the hard fork goes live at some block #), its incredibly hard to break Monero's privacy, if its possible at all. 

Not sure about Bitshares.

Monero passed Emercoin.  Hitting new all time high market cap levels with each rise.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

chryspano

Offline Ander

• View Profile

With STEALTH coming out next Thursday, why wouldn't you think that BitShares will now become the #1 privacy coin?

Monero's privacy features are vastly superior to bitshares.

(Bitshares is amazing at some other things of course, that Monero doesnt do.  Monero is purely a currency coin).

When you start reading this thread by an old time member I'm not so sure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.0

Go do research.
(Also, that TPTB_need_war guy has very different views on some things, like he doesnt even believe satoshi solved the byzantine generals problem)

Offline Tuck Fheman

BM deciding to go for the half-assed stealth is funny [if it was not sad], especially if you are aware of his love of sub-optimal solutions.

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

With STEALTH coming out next Thursday, why wouldn't you think that BitShares will now become the #1 privacy coin?

(Bitshares is amazing at some other things of course, that Monero doesnt do.  Monero is purely a currency coin).

When you start reading this thread by an old time member I'm not so sure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.0

I'm not 100% technical on the code base however AnonyMint points out some interesting things on all these "privacy" coins.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
BM deciding to go for the half-assed stealth is funny [if it was not sad], especially if you are aware of his love of sub-optimal solutions.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Also I imagine there will be a significant cost difference too, in that Stealth will be pretty expensive.

I've heard trollboxing about Vanillacoin's chainblender being released soon that supposedly does what DASH mixing does but in a minute vs. up to an hour or something. Don't know much about these things though.

Monero privacy with ring confidential transactions is better than any mixing, whether its Dash or Vanillacoin or Bitcoin mixer. :)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Also I imagine there will be a significant cost difference too, in that Stealth will be pretty expensive.

I've heard trollboxing about Vanillacoin's chainblender being released soon that supposedly does what DASH mixing does but in a minute vs. up to an hour or something. Don't know much about these things though.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:36:13 am by Ander »

Offline onceuponatime

Absolutely massive breakout on XMR, breaking the weekly downtrend line of an 18 month bear market. 

167k was the key level. 

Imo Monero will now become the #1 privacy coin, surpassing Dash market cap.