Author Topic: Raycoin DAC  (Read 3304 times)

Offline fuzzy

my apologies...
I seem to have a problem with always posting responses but forgetting to provide links :P

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1439.0
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Kinda makes me think of digital ocean. Could a service like digital ocean be set up as a DAC?

This is a basic concept for exactly what you asked in this thread @smiley35.  I am interested in finding more people to look it over and fix things as needed.  When looking at the method for construction of DACs (which is still largely unknown), a relatively effective method for decentralized planning should involve the community and be built up a little at a time, over time. 

As for RayCoin, I like it :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Just an idea for a DAC, if someone wanted to take it up.

You should be able to encrypt the data if the work is layered in crypto ?

This is actually incredibly difficult to do decentralized but not impossible. Perhaps investigate secure multiparty computation and look for code which can work as a proof of concept to show it's possible to do it.

If it's possible then you can do it better than has been done in the past but doing something completely new is very hard. Even Satoshi based Bitcoin on Bitgold and Hashcash.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
CureCoin is the coin that is closer to this project. I have been thinking a lot about the distributed computing cryptocoin. From distributed storage (torrent, datacoin, and more to come), distributed CPU, GPU, broadband, etc.

Curecoin uses a centralized pool to send processes to the miners, and has a rare reward system. The user should adquire the processing power paying in the same coin, ie. curecoin.

I think the first steep in this kind of coins would be with mathematical calculus or simulations, like finding solutions for mathematical systems or something like that. We should find a way to probe the work that is done by the node, that´s critical.
In particular in the subject of distributed storage cryptocoin I know a developer who have some ideas on how to make the Proof of Storage.

I´m would like to participate in a team developing this distributed computing coins, as they are going to be bigger that the big guys servers.
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
Kinda makes me think of digital ocean. Could a service like digital ocean be set up as a DAC?

Offline jestronix

• View Profile
Yeh i think its pretty useful, but is it possible ?  can anyone shine some light on the possible barriers to development ?  I think probably the biggest issue would be processing customers work rather than spending time on processing crypto side.  I thinks a great idea, but think development side would be very costly. 

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
I'm only knowledgeable in the economic side of Crypto and stocks, so I have no idea what to say or how to do all the technical stuff. But it does sound like a really great DAC, maybe one of the most useful DACs I've heard of.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline jestronix

• View Profile
Just an idea for a DAC, if someone wanted to take it up.

You should be able to encrypt the data if the work is layered in crypto ?

Offline valtr

• View Profile
I remember during dot com buble was a project for payed distributed computing inspired by SETI.
Abandoned because of lack of risk capital and also(probably) because of fear for security(privacy) of the data recorded.
Companies do not risk sharing private data.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Is this something you are currently working on, something that already exists, or just an idea you have?
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline jestronix

• View Profile
RayCoin

A revolutionary new way of distributed processing power for rendering of special effects and animation. (Think avatar etc)

Abstract

RayCoin will completely revolutionize the way visual effects companies render their work, they often spend millions on in house render farms or they rent extremely expensive farms. 

Small production companies and home artists could also benefit and rent CPU time from Raycoin.

Raycoins value would be derived from not just speculation and a name, but a real world use. People pay to use the service, at a price that is far less than online render farms.

The coins complexity rises just like every other coin, and thus its value and rarity. Share holders (coin owners) receive extra coins or direct payments of BTC, PTS etc when a customer uses the service.

This would be an extremely complex coin to produce, as it would need to work and act as a render farm, supporting all the major software render clients. To overcome this, Raycoin could start out supporting open source render software like Blender etc.

It would need to be totally decentralized and rely on a client to upload render files. No client would ever see the image or work of the artist as it would be broken down into very small fragments, protecting and keeping clients work totally confidential.

From a paying client point of view, they would simply select how many nodes they wish to utilize based on a cost, nodes would be grouped automatically into CPU and ram specifications via WMI scan or a small benchmark tool in the wallet/miner.

To introduce the product to clients, they could be offered a certain amount of free render time on nodes for a test, this could fill in time for the service when no one is using the farm.

So what happens when no one is using the farm, but miners are mining, well Raycoin could offer educational institutions free or low cost access to the service, to keep miners happy and keep the blocks ticking over.

I would like this coin to be the first to offer and exchange built right into the mining/wallet client. Complex to create, but would help with adoption and truly be decentralized from the start. No website based exchange that can be attacked etc.

Also something that would really be attractive to users would be a wallet that syncs with the chain, but also keeps all your trans details and wallet backed up online too. No more formatting your wallet.  The chain is your cloud store for wallet etc.

Specifics about the coins complexity and counts would need to be reviewed by someone with knowledge about how the coin would render and encrypt along with growth projections and payment transactions times etc.

You could do very tricky things like allow miner who are mining 24/7 to receive a higher status and thus earn more etc, don’t know this coin is already insanely complex.