Author Topic: The BitShares Brand  (Read 28074 times)

Offline bytemaster

Clarification: Doe PTS and AGS holders each get 50% in Bitshares x (meaning all Bitshares) or just in bitshares BEX?

We have promised exactly 1 chain to be 50/50; however, unless the other chains require significant extra R&D I can see no rationale to allocate other than 50/50 for all BitShares X chains. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Clarification: Doe PTS and AGS holders each get 50% in Bitshares x (meaning all Bitshares) or just in bitshares BEX? 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Stan,请注意中国这个巨大的新兴市场,这里有很多战略家和精英,请将中国的分公司提上日程,构建bitshares 全球布局。我们很多人持有pts ,还有ags .但和你们缺少沟通的平台。还有在中国的传统节日-春节,释放一些好消息,信心非常重要!持续的影响力是你们营销部门该思考的。

I am not sure if Stan can understand what you texted here. I would like to translate:

Please pay attention to Chinese huge new market, there are lots of strategist and elites in China. Could you please build a Chinese branch company and global layout of bitshares? We hold lots of PTS and AGS, but lack of communication platform in China. Moreover, it is very important to give people more confidence by issuing some good news during Chinese traditional new year - spring festival. You should pay more attention to the continuous influence of III company.
+1 for big picture and thinking globally

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Stan,请注意中国这个巨大的新兴市场,这里有很多战略家和精英,请将中国的分公司提上日程,构建bitshares 全球布局。我们很多人持有pts ,还有ags .但和你们缺少沟通的平台。还有在中国的传统节日-春节,释放一些好消息,信心非常重要!持续的影响力是你们营销部门该思考的。

I am not sure if Stan can understand what you texted here. I would like to translate:

Please pay attention to Chinese huge new market, there are lots of strategist and elites in China. Could you please build a Chinese branch company and global layout of bitshares? We hold lots of PTS and AGS, but lack of communication platform in China. Moreover, it is very important to give people more confidence by issuing some good news during Chinese traditional new year - spring festival. You should pay more attention to the continuous influence of III company.

Thank you for being pro-active!  We are very well aware of the over 5000 people in China that are following BitShares closely and note with delight how when the sun goes down here and rises in China our forum gains a strong Asian flavor.  Mr. Bo Shen, our Asian CEO is working very hard to bring about the very things you are suggesting!  At our company summit meeting last weekend it was a major topic of our 24-hour long strategic planning marathon. 
:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile

Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline cm8108@163.com

• View Profile

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Is that Bitshare logo final? Kinda looks like a snail trying to climb up a wall :-\

You just had to point that out to me didn't you... lol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:  Here's by far the best interpretation I've heard so far:

I see in that logo a "B" that looks like a spiral staircase shaped conveyor that's 7 DACs coming onto a slide and out into the world one after another.  The different shades give them a little individuality.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Bytemaster.  I'm a huge fan of all of this.  Especially the logo.  Who made it?

Brian has a graphics designer he is working with.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Is that Bitshare logo final? Kinda looks like a snail trying to climb up a wall :-\

You just had to point that out to me didn't you... lol 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
What would be a better topic for texting / marketing suggestions?

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile

BitShares    - Reimagine Everything
Keyhotee    - Own your Identity
PTS            - Trade future BitShares
AGS           - Build future BitShares
BitShares X - Save & Exchange Anything

Another Idea:
BitShares X - Earn 5% or MORE on ANYTHING

BitShares are any blockchain-based business and are what we would like to be the official 'brand name' to replace the technical term DAC.  All DACs have bitshares and thus all DACs produced by Invictus are BitShares.    BitShares X is the generic concept for all BitShares exchanges originally described by our white paper.   X is symbolic of eXchange and also the variable x which indicates that there may be many different kinds of exchanges such as DOW, S&P, COMEX, FOREX, etc and these will be branded by the people who launch them.   BitShares X is the brand of the system and generic open source software WE are producing.   As BitShares X is an abstract class with no instantiations it has no 3 letter currency such as BEX, TEX, DMS, PTS, AGS, etc... these 3-letter extensions will be reserved for the specific instances.

The X will be styled after the arm of the 'b' and the tickmark on the 'i' in the BitShares logo. 

As always we are rapidly working to refine our brand and doing so early, often, and publicly.  We just wanted to share our latest thinking as I think we are converging on something that will be much easier for Brian to market.  Feedback is appreciated.

Bytemaster.  I'm a huge fan of all of this.  Especially the logo.  Who made it?

sumantso

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
A marketing / branding strategy for PTS and maybe AGS:

A term that is widely known, among investors and as a metaphor also to a wider group of people, is "accelerator (company)" (with or without the term "company" or instead "accelerator share/stock/network").

I3 could make use of this term and its connotations in the way that "accelerator (company/share/network)" is maybe the best pre-DAC analogy for what I3 does for DACs with PTS. A similar term would be seed funding. For example: "PTS - the Bitshares Accelerator Network" or  "PTS - the Bitshares accelerator stock"... 

Offline bytemaster

BitShares    - Reimagine Everything
Keyhotee    - Own your Identity
PTS            - Trade future BitShares
AGS           - Build future BitShares
BitShares X - Save & Exchange Anything

Another Idea:
BitShares X - Earn 5% or MORE on ANYTHING

BitShares are any blockchain-based business and are what we would like to be the official 'brand name' to replace the technical term DAC.  All DACs have bitshares and thus all DACs produced by Invictus are BitShares.    BitShares X is the generic concept for all BitShares exchanges originally described by our white paper.   X is symbolic of eXchange and also the variable x which indicates that there may be many different kinds of exchanges such as DOW, S&P, COMEX, FOREX, etc and these will be branded by the people who launch them.   BitShares X is the brand of the system and generic open source software WE are producing.   As BitShares X is an abstract class with no instantiations it has no 3 letter currency such as BEX, TEX, DMS, PTS, AGS, etc... these 3-letter extensions will be reserved for the specific instances.

The X will be styled after the arm of the 'b' and the tickmark on the 'i' in the BitShares logo. 

As always we are rapidly working to refine our brand and doing so early, often, and publicly.  We just wanted to share our latest thinking as I think we are converging on something that will be much easier for Brian to market.  Feedback is appreciated.