Author Topic: MEDIA INQUIRY: Who created ProtoShares?  (Read 5380 times)

38PTSWarrior

I am super happy that you are interested in ProtoShares Mr Farivar! Ars Technica is very important and I think we did not party this enough people!

Yeah! *celebration* *dancemove* Ars Technica.. ? YES!

bitbro

Maybe we are showing that it's only the honest who will put their faces and voices into the public world of crypto.  At least, I hope this is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dxtr

• United We Stand, Dispersed We Are.
    • View Profile
(...)
Your Keyhotee podcast with Dan is what brought me here. Way back in nov or maybe sept. So thank you I guess. If I didn't hear it on your show I probably would have bought in at .03 instead of .01.

Same here. I'm glad for Let's talk Bitcoin podcast - it keeps me up to date with crypto-world, and Adam & friends does a great work informing people both in VR and real world, so thank You for spreading it to the masses and keep doing that please :)
Bytemaster is already 100% busy with BTS/Bounties/forum/hiring/who knows what else so taking some burden off his back is probably wanted undertaking especially by people with "in the field" experience and surely Adam is one of them.
Help me out:     wallet_approve_delegate mr.scroodge true

Offline bytemaster

Adam is a kind and humble individual of great character.  I have not met a more genuine and honest individual in the bitcoin space and can honestly say that BitShares and Keyhotee would not have happened without Adam and the people he has introduced me to.

He speaks his mind and is quite vocal about where I screw up, but I never doubt his motives. 

I find any accusations that he seeks attention for personal vanity to be entirely inconsistent with what I know of him and his family. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
I think you're overestimating my impact, I am a very small amount of Bitcoin famous which is itself a subset of Internet famous.   

Tech journalists often don't have good understanding of financial systems, I spend time helping people understand the important parts because it's important for the people explaining it to new audiences to actually understand it.     

Having a project that rides the wave of Bitcoin and gives me a reason to be fully plugged in is without a doubt awesome.     I feel like I'm doing work that is important, and take a lot of pride in it.  The personal notoriety frankly is a liability because anyone who I alienate with my opinionated posting probably will stop listening to the show being upset with me. 

My name is in this despite my preference, I want Cryptocurrency to reach the audiences it should, achieve the reach, and world changing significance it can.  I'm in this so long as I feel like I can help, and once the job is done I'm gone.
I put myself out there because trustworthy people are needed to evangelize this project and when I first started looking at Bitcoin, all those people were mostly shady.   I speak at conferences because if I don't do it, somebody else  will and chances are pretty good they'll not be introducing the ideas that I could.   In the next five months I'm speaking at four or five conferences, mostly about DACs because I want to get the idea out there as widely as possible so people will build it.   That's basically what I do all day, I talk to people and tell them ideas and connect dots.  I love that I do that all day, and I love that Cryptocurrency is a paradigm that allows me to just decide I want to do this one day in April and be as successful as I'm able.

tl;dr - Yes I like the work and project, no I don't like the personal notoriety

Your Keyhotee podcast with Dan is what brought me here. Way back in nov or maybe sept. So thank you I guess. If I didn't hear it on your show I probably would have bought in at .03 instead of .01.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I think you're overestimating my impact, I am a very small amount of Bitcoin famous which is itself a subset of Internet famous.   

Tech journalists often don't have good understanding of financial systems, I spend time helping people understand the important parts because it's important for the people explaining it to new audiences to actually understand it.     

Having a project that rides the wave of Bitcoin and gives me a reason to be fully plugged in is without a doubt awesome.     I feel like I'm doing work that is important, and take a lot of pride in it.  The personal notoriety frankly is a liability because anyone who I alienate with my opinionated posting probably will stop listening to the show being upset with me. 

My name is in this despite my preference, I want Cryptocurrency to reach the audiences it should, achieve the reach, and world changing significance it can.  I'm in this so long as I feel like I can help, and once the job is done I'm gone.
I put myself out there because trustworthy people are needed to evangelize this project and when I first started looking at Bitcoin, all those people were mostly shady.   I speak at conferences because if I don't do it, somebody else  will and chances are pretty good they'll not be introducing the ideas that I could.   In the next five months I'm speaking at four or five conferences, mostly about DACs because I want to get the idea out there as widely as possible so people will build it.   That's basically what I do all day, I talk to people and tell them ideas and connect dots.  I love that I do that all day, and I love that Cryptocurrency is a paradigm that allows me to just decide I want to do this one day in April and be as successful as I'm able.

tl;dr - Yes I like the work and project, no I don't like the personal notoriety
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

bitbro

I have already been in touch with him.

I think AdamBLevine loves the spotlight

I thought Bytemaster was sequestering himself for two weeks to work on Bitshares ;)

lol don't lie mister podcast man. Your a very influential figure in the crypto realm, lets be honest, and you fucking love it.

Anyone who's actually willing to put their face, voice and opinions out here in crypto-world will get attention because there aren't that many places (or faces) for people to attend to. Really, what type of person is AdamBLevine, I wonder.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile

I thought Bytemaster was sequestering himself for two weeks to work on Bitshares ;)

lol don't lie mister podcast man. Your a very influential figure in the crypto realm, lets be honest, and you fucking love it.

Offline bytemaster

I have freed 75% of my time for BTS leaving 25% for other things like checking this forum during a fixed window every day.  Back to work on BTS ;)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

bitbro

Offline bytemaster

Offline Markus

• View Profile
I assume you made a typo about primecoin in the post because you mentioned protoshares in the subject, and this forum is about ProtoShares.

I would rather call that a copy-paste-stuff-up :)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Hi there, Cyrus Farivar here from Ars Technica. We’re working on a story about altcoins (and are considering starting our own) and would love to talk to you about Primecoin.

Would you have a few minutes to speak by phone today?

Best,

-C

-
Cyrus Farivar
"suh-ROOS FAR-ih-var"

cyrus.farivar@arstechnica.com

Senior Business Editor, Ars Technica
http://arstechnica.com/author/cyrus-farivar/

@cfarivar
PGP: http://arstechnica.com/ars-staff-pgp-keys/

Hey Cyrus,
Hit me up on skype - I can answer any of your questions, "mindtomatter".  I've been watching the whole Invictus saga and can help you understand the unique innovation that is Protoshares.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
I assume you made a typo about primecoin in the post because you mentioned protoshares in the subject, and this forum is about ProtoShares.
Invictus Innovation created ProtoShares, and a brief introduction can be found in the post"what is protoshares?" by bytemaster, the CEO of 3I.   https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5.0 
BTS committee member:jademont