Author Topic: Remove Partners Sections from Home  (Read 19929 times)

Offline btswolf

Everyone can claim to be a partner of BitShares no one can stop you from saying so.

However we did not remove the partner status of anyone because such a status just does not exist, yet.
If you want to become an approved BitShares partner do a representative stakeholder voting.
But if you just want a prominent place on the forum, then you have to deal with the forum users.
And they decided for now to have a clean forum without a misleading Partner section (including mostly inactive threads).
Else everyone could claim to be a partner that deserves a prominent spot on the forum too.

The decision was not made to make "Partners" cry or to blame anyone but just for a better and cleaner forum.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I don't have a problem with Openledger/CCEDK being listed as Partners, I believe Ronny is an example of what a partner in the Bitshares ecosystem is

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Pheonike

I don't have a problem with Openledger/CCEDK being listed as Partners, I believe Ronny is an example of what a partner in the Bitshares ecosystem is. We just have to have a clear definition of what that means. Does issuing a press release with the word partner in it make you a partner? What does it mean to be a partner to a decentralized company/organization mean in the first place. Using the term partner could make us unique in that sense.Below is a list of the forums of other some of the other top coins, none list a partners.

https://forum.ethereum.org/
https://forum.safenetwork.io/categories
https://dashtalk.org/
https://litecointalk.org/
https://forum.ripple.com/
http://doges.org/
https://www.peercointalk.org/
https://forum.getmonero.org/

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

One point that hasn't been brought up (and it has been brought to my attention by Ronald Kramer) is that outside people that are not familiar with how things work in BitShares might think that OpenLedger has "taken over" the BitShares platform. Instead we should make clear for many that BitShares is the underlying technology for OpenLedger that that it is a public good and only the BitShares shareholders own it.

I fully agree in this point, but as long as there are no one promoting bts itself apart from myself at least worldwide with the promotion of OpenLedger it is easy for people to think like that.

So what it takes is  some few people co ordinating efforts to bring the marketing of BTS outthere

Initiallty OpenLedger was intended as a way of presenting BTS to the world, untill now it is still doing this as its primary goal, and not so sure whats bad about it

allyou ned is more information on the DEX itself for instance in the entrance when regsistering to ensure people know the difference.

Point is that mainstream consumers dont care about this and that but look more for the functionality, an the idea was to give them this without too much techie stuff.

Why cant they both be promoting eachother?

If there had been an active marketing team promoting Bitshares it would have been clear already that BTS is the underlying technology, heck I write it in every single article I do, so the fact that people think like this is perhaps becasue most of the info comes from one side only meaning from Openldger and CCEDK, and this you dont change my saying Openledger is a 3rd party but insetad you need to appreciate and use the flow of information for people to be better oriented.

I agree.  The fact is that BitShares can and should have many "white label" outlets to the world.  Some of them may use BitShares without even acknowledging the underlying assets.  But when we get someone who is both developing a new brand and promoting the underlying chain, I say "hallelujah" the planets have aligned!

:)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I'd also like to express my appreciation to Ronny.
There is no better advocate for BitShares!

Seems like some of us are out there building bridges while others are quickly following along behind us fencing them off.

In the end, our culture here will depend on whether people make the extra effort to keep it a positive experience for everyone.  By default, the negative attitudes have a tendency to set the tone.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

One point that hasn't been brought up (and it has been brought to my attention by Ronald Kramer) is that outside people that are not familiar with how things work in BitShares might think that OpenLedger has "taken over" the BitShares platform. Instead we should make clear for many that BitShares is the underlying technology for OpenLedger that that it is a public good and only the BitShares shareholders own it.

I fully agree in this point, but as long as there are no one promoting bts itself apart from myself at least worldwide with the promotion of OpenLedger it is easy for people to think like that.

So what it takes is  some few people co ordinating efforts to bring the marketing of BTS outthere

Initiallty OpenLedger was intended as a way of presenting BTS to the world, untill now it is still doing this as its primary goal, and not so sure whats bad about it

allyou ned is more information on the DEX itself for instance in the entrance when regsistering to ensure people know the difference.

Point is that mainstream consumers dont care about this and that but look more for the functionality, an the idea was to give them this without too much techie stuff.

Why cant they both be promoting eachother?

If there had been an active marketing team promoting Bitshares it would have been clear already that BTS is the underlying technology, heck I write it in every single article I do, so the fact that people think like this is perhaps becasue most of the info comes from one side only meaning from Openldger and CCEDK, and this you dont change my saying Openledger is a 3rd party but insetad you need to appreciate and use the flow of information for people to be better oriented.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Cleaning up the forum was  a good task. I think the forum structure is still quite confusing and has too many sub sections.

Will @cass include BitShares main projects on the new www.bitshares.org website (OpenLedger, Blocktrades, MetaExchange, BitShares Munich "OpenPOS"? We currently lack the presentation of Bitshares top products and services.

In my opinion OpenLedger is a top partner for the the BitShares Ecosystem and should be frequently named. OpenLedger should also have their extra forum section to publish status updates and for community feedback.

Such big changes should not be done within a few days and based on a few forum opinions. What if some ETH guys would start a forum threat to change the full BitShares branding? All future branding and marketing changes should be organized in agreement with CNX & CNI directly. CNI will be responsible for BitShares marketing soon.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

With that in mind, I would personally be in favor of listing the proven partners that have known, working products (at least in beta) such as CCEDK/OpenLedger, Blocktrades, MetaExchange, OpenPOS.

Why not do this and give a brief introduction to each one of them an what they do to contribute to making BTS better

instead of putting all in the same box once more, that what I am disagreeing with.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ronny (@ccedk), you shouldn't make decisions based on a forum thread.  And you should realize that the desire of many in the community to be careful about labeling "partners" has nothing to do with how we feel about CCEDk/OpenLedger.  Instead is had to do with supposed partners that have been announced but never materialized and from whom we have never heard a peep again.  Some may actually be working behind the scenes, but until we have something much more concrete, we should not be labeling them as "partners".  One has even been accused of being a scam.  I think that's probably going way too far, and everyone should have a chance to prove themselves.  But until that time, if we use the label "partner" too liberally, this negative image could be a problem for not only Bitshares but also for the proven partners such as CCEDK/OpenLedger.
This! We very much appreciate what you have done for BitShares and would love to see more in the future!

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Ronny (@ccedk), you shouldn't make decisions based on a forum thread.  And you should realize that the desire of many in the community to be careful about labeling "partners" has nothing to do with how we feel about CCEDk/OpenLedger.  Instead is had to do with supposed partners that have been announced but never materialized and from whom we have never heard a peep again.  Some may actually be working behind the scenes, but until we have something much more concrete, we should not be labeling them as "partners".  One has even been accused of being a scam.  I think that's probably going way too far, and everyone should have a chance to prove themselves.  But until that time, if we use the label "partner" too liberally, this negative image could be a problem for not only Bitshares but also for the proven partners such as CCEDK/OpenLedger.

With that in mind, I would personally be in favor of listing the proven partners that have known, working products (at least in beta) such as CCEDK/OpenLedger, Blocktrades, MetaExchange, OpenPOS. 

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
I can only say that to put all active partners or at least this is what we thought we were, in same boat as thirdparty projects has now made me realize that my focus will have to be on OpenLedger as a platform with its own image, and do less mentioning Bitshares all the time. In fact this decision should have been made little earlier as I am already spending thousands of dollars on a branding video where I felt BitShares needed a good mentioning as a partner, hmm.

I will not use the word partner of bitshares anymore an will focus on the DEX OpenLedger which I realize now is considered a thirdparty project, as well as my projects OBITS, BTSR etc.

I throught the work I did was what a partner would be doing making sure BitShares was known to the world, thinking that my sucess, was your success, was my sucess, but I guess that phrase dont work anymore inside the community, everybody thinking only about their own little corner of income.

Growth will have to come from within BTS without partners, good luck with that.

Good thing I am not fully depending on BTS for the future and putting me now in the same box as other parties not having done anything for the community it makes me sad. Its like another confirmation that we are all alike, and I dont like it.

You made me shift direction today, thinking differently. All due to a few people, crazy!

I thought of BitShares community as a partner, and all the time BitShares thought of OpenLedger and CCEDK as a way to get BTS promoted and marketed.

Well I will then continue as a thirdparty if that's what the community wants, and no more freebees to projects inside bts in the future.

I will use all my energy in the future on the platform

the DEX OpenLedger 

and the projects

OBITS, BTSR and more coming

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Hmm... I voted yes but I have to say that the old look was better. Now it looks a little bit too compressed, I liked it more when they had their own subsection.

Renaming the section was right thing to do.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
If they are not updating in the forum then they don't need a forum section. Just slap their logo on the bitshares.org homepage and be done.

intend to agree ...

Also who decides when someone becomes a partner? What is the criteria?

ding ding ding .. this is the right question to ask.. at leat we should have the chance as community to review before approving. my 2 cents
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Pheonike

If they are not updating in the forum then they don't need a forum section. Just slap their logo on the bitshares.org homepage and be done. Also who decides when someone becomes a partner? What is the criteria?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

ok guys .. i was thinking it was appreciated .. so then pls get this issue discussed .. if wanted i can revert it .. but tbh ...i'm also thinking most of our "partners" are not updating etc .. and when new users visiting our forums and noticing directly 3-4 partner in this section are completely out of date..  i'm begin think this isn't the best promotion for the ecosystem IMO ...my 2 cents

The problem is that expectation that partners are supposed to update. This being a forum and all... perhaps the reason you don't see a lot of updates is because of the often negative teeth nashing they sometimes take. Some of it deserved, some of it isn't. Nonetheless... are there guidelines somewhere about this requirement? I never saw them if there are.

Most partner sections are simply a link with logo to company page and/or a small write-up.

I have never been asked, nor have I asked partners to my companies to give updates or be removed from mention from our websites.

I'm just making it clear from a business development perspective this is two steps back. There is no need to waiver @cass. It is after all a forum poll, not a stakeholders vote.

Good luck to the 'community' in making a case that you are attractive to businesses as a platform when the actions taken today are to devalue them in the one communication channel we got.

You get what you ask for.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:42:32 pm by BunkerChain Labs »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
ok guys .. i was thinking it was appreciated .. so then pls get this issue discussed .. if wanted i can revert it .. but tbh ...i'm also thinking most of our "partners" are not updating etc .. and when new users visiting our forums and noticing directly 3-4 partner in this section are completely out of date..  i'm begin think this isn't the best promotion for the ecosystem IMO ...my 2 cents

Ethereum partners up with businesses and appears to be a platform to develop with.. that message is out there.. they showcase it in their content constantly...

What do a handful of forum goers do? Have forum polls to make sure nobody who is a supporter of bitshares is ever seen or heard in the one small communication channel (the forum) that bitshares has.

Not a plan for winning.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline btswolf

Please rename the Partners section to something like "Third Party Projects" and make it a main Sub under BitShares.

It is not reasonable to promote third party projects at a prominent place, especially if they are inactive, have slow progress or are just shady.
We still have those projects without any criteria one the front page at prominent place.
How many Third Party Projects do fit on the front page?
Make it a sub/child section or every blog including my should get listed at prominent place as third party project.

So community has spoken. Who will execute the task?

Did you look? It was done the other day after a little over a handful of votes came in.

Someone decided that was good enough.

A handful of votes constitutes the 'community' I suppose.

Congrates... Bitshares now is the only blockchain project with no partners.

Mission accomplished!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswolf

So community has spoken. Who will execute the task?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
If someone is just using the platform for their own business then they are not a partner, they are a client. If they are giving resources in form of code development and/or money that goes to platform as a whole and not just their project in particular then they can get consideration for "Partner" status. Anything less than that is just a user/client of the platform.
We need to be a little more careful here IMHO.
BitShares is a SuperDAC that can house partners, 3-rd party projects and customers.
 - A business running their IPO in BitShares is probably just a customer as is a business listing their stock!
 - OpenLedger should probably be listed as a 3rd party project that builds on top of BitShares
 - while STEALTH and any future FBA is probably more like a partnership where they use our infrastructure to host their smart contracts/featres/innovations.

</IMHO>

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

If someone is just using the platform for their own business then they are not a partner, they are a client. If they are giving resources in form of code development and/or money that goes to platform as a whole and not just their project in particular then they can get consideration for "Partner" status. Anything less than that is just a user/client of the platform.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline btswolf

Please rename the Partners section to something like "Third Party Projects" and make it a main Sub under BitShares.

It is not reasonable to promote third party projects at a prominent place, especially if they are inactive, have slow progress or are just shady.