Author Topic: Let's try to get @bitshares on twitter  (Read 16706 times)

Offline Tuck Fheman

BTW, I'm a newbie, what does the +5% symbol mean or do?

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to type it like this ...

#sharebits "chamber" 5 PERCENT

;)

It's been a while but I believe it represents the 5% interest you used to get from bitUSD back in teh day.
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline chamber

• View Profile
Thanks for the taking the initiative JohnyBitcoin!  I agree that the DailyDecrypt sponsorship was a good idea, as is acquiring the Facebook and Twitter handle.     I hope that your worker proposal gets fully funded. 

BTW, I'm a newbie, what does the +5% symbol mean or do? 

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I don't think it's about the money but about the attitude. While some members might not agree with this and its their right, you claimed "... and expect the community to pay me back for them in full."

It's about people not even be aware of this or not agreeing with this and then having you "demand" to be reimbursed. It feels unfair, hence the comment about a worker proposal of $10k to get the chinese app page. It gives the impression anyone can just do whatever they like and demand the community pays them back.

if theres a worker proposal everyone votes. I expect that people will reimburse me. I could be wrong.
just trying to be useful.

I know. I believe you have good intentions, but you also must see from other people's pov.

Imagine someone who doesn't agree with this decision and then comes to this thread and gets the idea you are demanding your money back. People will think "why should I pay him for something he did so spontaneously, without asking for my opinion? What if someone does the same with $50k?", etc.

It's not 50k though its only $2800. I did it to get things moving otherwise this thread would have been forgotten and nothing would have happened. I'm not demanding, I'm expecting, there's a huge difference.
It gets voted on.
I've taken on the financial risk to try push bitshares marketing forwards because it needs it.

people debate stuff too much. just do positive stuff.

It's like the month of Daily decrypt sponsorship that I arranged which I think you'll agree has been very beneficial to bitshares in all sorts of ways.
It would be a lost thread on the forum now if it wasn't for me just booking it.
We can debate all day but sometimes someone has to do somthing.
If the worker doesn't get voted in I'll keep it and monetise it myself but it's obvious to most it would be better controlled by the comittee or cryptonomex.
If you read all the posts above from others I think you'll find this idea has most peoples support but won't know for sure until theres a worker to vote on.

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I don't think it's about the money but about the attitude. While some members might not agree with this and its their right, you claimed "... and expect the community to pay me back for them in full."

It's about people not even be aware of this or not agreeing with this and then having you "demand" to be reimbursed. It feels unfair, hence the comment about a worker proposal of $10k to get the chinese app page. It gives the impression anyone can just do whatever they like and demand the community pays them back.

if theres a worker proposal everyone votes. I expect that people will reimburse me. I could be wrong.

I know. I believe you have good intentions, but you also must see from other people's pov.

Imagine someone who doesn't agree with this decision and then comes to this thread and gets the idea you are demanding your money back. People will think "why should I pay him for something he did so spontaneously, without asking for my opinion? What if someone does the same with $50k?", etc.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
Does Twitter allow there to be an account administrator in addition to a locked-down posting account? Or is one account always one login? If that's the case, this is not something that can be truly "owned" by the community in any way.

IMO, ideally there is a marketer here that realizes that the potential value of owning @bitshares is greater than $3,000, and they pick it up. (CNX, CNI, CCEDK?) I think this asset could be more productive in private ownership.

Alternatively: what if you keep the handle, and submit a worker that pays a smaller amount but over a longer period of time for managing the account, tweeting, building followers, etc. This would be a like a dividend on your investment. Just a thought.

With the facebook page different "roles" can be allocated see here: https://www.facebook.com/help/289207354498410
This means someone like @xeroc can hold the highest position which is admin and is basically the master key to the account.
Then many other people in the community like myself can take the roles of Moderators and editors allowing many of us to contribute news etc but not have control.
I believe there is a similar system for twitter where we could do the same.

@roadscape could you please create a worker proposal for me to cover this $2800

Roadscape my man , could you create a 10000 USD worker for me while you're at it . I just purchased  bitshares account name on the most influential social platform in China which are really important for this community .  ;) ;)

You've made it very clear you think this was a waste of money and you won't support this worker proposal.
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Does Twitter allow there to be an account administrator in addition to a locked-down posting account? Or is one account always one login? If that's the case, this is not something that can be truly "owned" by the community in any way.

IMO, ideally there is a marketer here that realizes that the potential value of owning @bitshares is greater than $3,000, and they pick it up. (CNX, CNI, CCEDK?) I think this asset could be more productive in private ownership.

Alternatively: what if you keep the handle, and submit a worker that pays a smaller amount but over a longer period of time for managing the account, tweeting, building followers, etc. This would be a like a dividend on your investment. Just a thought.

With the facebook page different "roles" can be allocated see here: https://www.facebook.com/help/289207354498410
This means someone like @xeroc can hold the highest position which is admin and is basically the master key to the account.
Then many other people in the community like myself can take the roles of Moderators and editors allowing many of us to contribute news etc but not have control.

Roadscape my man , could you create a 10000 USD worker for me while you're at it . I just purchased  bitshares account name on the most influential social platform in China which are really important for this community .  ;) ;)
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
A bit of sarcasm on here, but also good points raised (even in the sarcasm). Retaining the major social media accounts within the community makes sense, but i also get the governance problem of who gets to decide on allocating funds? we should probably have a marketing worker with real experience in the area control some budget for these kinds of things. i'm all for the community voting on it, or at least voting on a worker who has some set of plans in a coherent strategy. managing our social media is part of building credibility for the brand.

Controlling any media assets purchased is part of the overall governance picture we need to lock down. it would be no bueno if someone used allocated funds from our business to personally control these assets, or even potentially retain them for themselves at some point.

Offline roadscape

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Who owns BitShares account name on Bitcointalk.org ?

That's maybe a really really important marketing asset for us . Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

Who owns BitShares account name on Wechat Public platform (the most crowd social tool on earth) ? Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

hell , next thing we know , people would start to register all kinds of BitShares name on every major social networking tool (even dating site!) and wait to be brought by this community .

Nice marketing .

Twitter and FB are the most important social media accounts, we should control them as big brands do.  Your sarcasm isn't helpful.
 I understand the power of twitter and FB well. One day of dilution isn't much to pay in the grand scheme of things. And the if we become big one day it will be even harder to get them then.

After reading you reply , I've realized the importance of this . So , following your lead , I've purchased the most important social media account about BitShares in China's Wechat platform .
So .....who should I contact to reimburse my 10000 USD for purchasing this important account ?

Why would we want a we chat account. they are for private messaging not for creating a public image and making announcements. I think fb and twitter will do.

Wechat is not just a messaging platform .

Wechat is Skype(messaging)+Facebook+Twitter+Instagram combined . We chat has something called "public platform" , it has drawn more traffic than major websites .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

That's maybe a really really important marketing asset for us . Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

Who owns BitShares account name on Wechat Public platform (the most crowd social tool on earth) ? Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

hell , next thing we know , people would start to register all kinds of BitShares name on every major social networking tool (even dating site!) and wait to be brought by this community .

Nice marketing .

Twitter and FB are the most important social media accounts, we should control them as big brands do.  Your sarcasm isn't helpful.
 I understand the power of twitter and FB well. One day of dilution isn't much to pay in the grand scheme of things. And the if we become big one day it will be even harder to get them then.

After reading you reply , I've realized the importance of this . So , following your lead , I've purchased the most important social media account about BitShares in China's Wechat platform .
So .....who should I contact to reimburse my 10000 USD for purchasing this important account ?

Why would we want a we chat account. they are for private messaging not for creating a public image and making announcements. I think fb and twitter will do.
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline helloworld

• View Profile
BTS:bts-hero

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Nice marketing .