Author Topic: [CTO] work status [OPEN POSITION]  (Read 15072 times)

Offline reorder

• View Profile
I was speaking of the actual built-in miner and removing menu items for starting it (if they are still there of course).

Removing addresses from the wallet (file) is not feasible, but auto-swiping all inputs to a certain address is (obviously). But then there are transaction fees that may be hard to explain to user, and blockchain growth issue.

Offline seraphim

I know that finding a block mining solo creates an address. Are there really people still trying this?
Or did you speak of minerd?

Maybe it would even be possible to remove addresses from the wallet?
Meet you on STEEM

Offline reorder

• View Profile
as a first step it would be enough to remove the "new address" button :)
And the built-in miner? It has a bad habit of generating new addresses while you are not watching.

Offline seraphim

I think what we want to do is work on a '1 wallet = 1 address' basis, and when more addresses exist in the wallet, create a sort of warning, with a button that allows the user to sweep all the balances into 1 address.

I think the multiple address, and change addresses confuse users, lead to coin loss and give a false sense of anonymity. We should make it as easy to use as possible and alert users that it is not anonymous.

great idea! as a first step it would be enough to remove the "new address" button :)
Meet you on STEEM

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
for the voting system, as far as I know current qt client doesn't allow sending coins from a specified address. maybe creating a rawtransaction for votes will solve this but we still need easy voting in the client.

I think what we want to do is work on a '1 wallet = 1 address' basis, and when more addresses exist in the wallet, create a sort of warning, with a button that allows the user to sweep all the balances into 1 address.

I think the multiple address, and change addresses confuse users, lead to coin loss and give a false sense of anonymity. We should make it as easy to use as possible and alert users that it is not anonymous.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

emre

So, whom should I vote for to get blockexplorer-with-balances faster, you or FaSan? :)

fasan is working on it. I saw a private demo and looking good. should be shipped soon. :)

Betting system already has been made, I'm creating a web version of it soon too

yeah, I know. great work there, I was mentioning like a sports bet site actually.

thank you guys!

for the voting system, as far as I know current qt client doesn't allow sending coins from a specified address. maybe creating a rawtransaction for votes will solve this but we still need easy voting in the client.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:21:55 pm by emre »

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
So, whom should I vote for to get blockexplorer-with-balances faster, you or FaSan? :)

Both! CNO and CTO are not in a conflict of interest here i think.

Offline reorder

• View Profile

Offline ksi

• View Profile
Good work! I like what you have done.
I think every c*o should post as this. What he has done, what is the next plan...So one can tell if he is qualified for his c*o position.
PTS: PiHnXwebXJeCMKXcGynNQHWDV6L8pE7mTS

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
How to select addr to vote when wallet have two addr。

I'm researching that, too.

It's tricky with QT wallets - Seraphim helped me to find out new wallets are always assigned a default address when they're created, and that's the "send" address.  Any others are basically just "receive" addresses.  You'd have to use two separate wallet.dat files.  E.g., usb sticks or keep renaming / backing up .dat files...

Not sure I'd recommend it for most people, but a web wallet could probably manage to track that stuff.

You may be able to do some stuff by "sweeping out" all coins from the addresses from wallet 1.  These may be split among multiple addresses.  Send the total balance in wallet 1 to any address in an empty wallet 2.  If you vote from wallet 2, not quite sure if the vote would show as the address you sent to or the default wallet 2 address.  But, it's a start...

If anyone finds out more, let us know. 

You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline agran

• View Profile
It would be good to see the balance of each address, and choose the address from which to vote.
MMC: MEKdGj95hNjuYn8xiw4iz1iQUQGA47UBMB | BTC: 1agran1xQ4Nwiqv1qegBDF6kqZdfESMUG

Offline fpx

• View Profile
How to select addr to vote when wallet have two addr。
MMC:MR9YVtFZVZSCEY31vRW14SnZonMgomU2P2

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
After the one week s4l1h and I elected here is what happened:

- mmcvotes got huge updates. all transactions are being parsed in real time and webapp integrated to official client. source code available: https://github.com/emre/mmcvotes.com
- mmcfaucet.com opened up. (right now is empty,  I will fill it up in a couple of hours again) 384 transactions have been made successfully. source code available: https://github.com/emre/mmcfaucet
- s4l1h added lots of charts to http://s4l1h.github.io/mmc/.

what are working on right now, what will do next:
- I am on the process to setup 2 high performance churn vps nodes (eu and us) for the default node list of the client. we shouldn't need newcomers to change conf files or adding nodes manually from the wallet.
- s4l1h working on an exchange site. (mmc/btc/ltc)
- since I made already a tiny block explorer for the mmcvotes, I am planning to hack up a simle webapp to see address balances. current block explorer doesnt handle this proper. My initial idea was setting a new block explorer up but faSan is already working for another block explorer, so I will just make a simple app for just balances until the alternative explorer comes up.
- bet/dice site for mmc. I want to start something small, like a coinflip (you get 2x more or lose everything per round ) for experience. after that we plan to develop a betting system.
- documentation/api for creating web applications around mmc.

ideas

if you have any ideas on technical stuff or suggestions about mmc related projects, please shoot. :)
Betting system already has been made, I'm creating a web version of it soon too
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline BZC

• View Profile

Offline MemoryCoin

• View Profile
weibo.com/MemoryCoin
@MemoryCoin
MMC:MCqJ6jiZsNivk2hZgcgT5LwKWiWTiigr9Y