Author Topic: makefile.unix stuck  (Read 7105 times)

Offline LittlSp3rling

• View Profile
YEAH!!! You're my hero!  :) w00t

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
Here's what I did:

So I fired up the ptsminer again.
Ctrl-A returned ^A
Ctrl-D returned nothing
Killed puTTY
After logging back in,
screen -r returned "There is no screen to be resumed."
Fired up ptsminer again
Ctrl-A returned ^A
Ctrl-D returned nothing
Ctrl-C returned the command line
Ctrl-a d with command line returned terminated by host/logout

I have a nagging feeling that I do something really simple and obvious wrong. :-[

Code: [Select]
root@ProtoSharesMining001:~# screen -r
There is no screen to be resumed.
root@ProtoSharesMining001:~# cd ptsminer/src
root@ProtoSharesMining001:~/ptsminer/src# ./ptsminer PnosDKr44FACsCVPDckEHZzeaCYAjoTkb7 2 27 sse4
*** ptsminer - Pts Pool Miner v0.7 RC2 <experimental>
*** by xolokram/TB - www.beeeeer.org - glhf
*** press CTRL+C to exit
using SSE4
spawning 2 worker thread(s)
[WORKER0] Hello, World!
[WORKER0] GoGoGo!
[WORKER1] Hello, World!
[WORKER1] GoGoGo!
connecting to 54.201.26.128:1337
[MASTER] work received - sharetarget: 03ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffbeefde4d
[MASTER] work received - sharetarget: 03ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffbeefde4d
^A^Croot@ProtoSharesMining001:~/ptsminer/src# logout

First type 'screen' and you will see something like

Screen version 4.01.00devel (GNU) 2-May-06

Copyright (c) 2010 Juergen Weigert, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Copyright (c) 2008, 2009 Juergen Weigert, Michael Schroeder, Micah Cowan, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Copyright (c) 1993-2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 Juergen Weigert, Michael Schroeder
Copyright (c) 1987 Oliver Laumann

[Press Space or Return to end.]

After this press 'space' and now you are inside screen. Now you can start ptsminer as usual. Note: The keystroke Ctrl-a d means pressing Ctrl and 'a' at the sme time, releasing and then pressing 'd' (without 'Ctrl'). You can detach screen with Ctrl-a d and reattach with 'screen -r'. When your putty loses connection or when you exit and screen was running, screen stays running in the background.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline LittlSp3rling

• View Profile
Here's what I did:

So I fired up the ptsminer again.
Ctrl-A returned ^A
Ctrl-D returned nothing
Killed puTTY
After logging back in,
screen -r returned "There is no screen to be resumed."
Fired up ptsminer again
Ctrl-A returned ^A
Ctrl-D returned nothing
Ctrl-C returned the command line
Ctrl-a d with command line returned terminated by host/logout

I have a nagging feeling that I do something really simple and obvious wrong. :-[

root@ProtoSharesMining001:~# screen -r
There is no screen to be resumed.
root@ProtoSharesMining001:~# cd ptsminer/src
root@ProtoSharesMining001:~/ptsminer/src# ./ptsminer PnosDKr44FACsCVPDckEHZzeaCYAjoTkb7 2 27 sse4
*** press CTRL+C to exit
using SSE4
[WORKER0] Hello, World!
[WORKER0] GoGoGo!
[WORKER1] Hello, World!
[WORKER1] GoGoGo!
^A^Croot@ProtoSharesMining001:~/ptsminer/src# logout

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
Again thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I've made some major strides in understanding but still have much to comprehend... I prefer to learn it and be able to do it myself. I accumulated some of my questions here.

On the Digital Ocean 2CPU/2GB Droplet, how frequent should the PTS payouts be? I haven't seen any, yet.

Maybe a couple of days, maybe a week or more, it varies from time to time.

Using puTTY, how can I close the session and let ptsminer run? Maybe it is running, but I can't tell. When I reconnect, it doesn't seem to be running.
1. When you log in to putty first start screen
2. Start ptsminder inside the screen session
3. detach the screen session (Crtl-a d) and logout (exit) ... (or just kill putty)
4. Log  back in and type screen -r and you will see your session is still alive.

Repeat steps 3 and 4 as often as you like

Can MMC also be mined in the cloud - same way as PTS?

Yes, there are some memorycoin miners and pools. Check the MMC forums.

Modify: Don't know what is customary for tipping helpful forum members, but there is a regular tipping bonus to them coming from Invictus which is talked about in this thread. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1894.15
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:06:55 pm by arcke »

Offline LittlSp3rling

• View Profile
Again thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I've made some major strides in understanding but still have much to comprehend... I prefer to learn it and be able to do it myself. I accumulated some of my questions here.

On the Digital Ocean 2CPU/2GB Droplet, how frequent should the PTS payouts be? I haven't seen any, yet.
Using puTTY, how can I close the session and let ptsminer run? Maybe it is running, but I can't tell. When I reconnect, it doesn't seem to be running.
Can MMC also be mined in the cloud - same way as PTS?
I haven't managed to mine any PTS yet, but what is customary when it comes to tipping helpful forum members?

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
It's fired up. Thank you, arcke!
How can I monitor it, and how do I know it's still running? The screen -d and screen -r commands don't seem to work when reconnecting.

*** press CTRL+C to exit
using SSE4
[WORKER0] Hello, World!
[WORKER0] GoGoGo!
[WORKER1] Hello, World!
[WORKER1] GoGoGo!
[WORKER] collision found: 44006518 <-> 58181381 #50 @ 1389380612 by 0
[MASTER] submitted share -> REJECTED
[STATS] 2014-Jan-10 14:03:47 | 14.1 c/m | 0.3 sh/m | VL: 0 (0.0%), RJ: 1 (100.0%), ST: 0 (0.0%)
[WORKER] collision found: 37395586 <-> 28848827 #72 @ 1389380722 by 0
[STATS] 2014-Jan-10 14:05:19 | 14.2 c/m | 0.4 sh/m | VL: 0 (0.0%), RJ: 2 (100.0%), ST: 0 (0.0%)

I am using tmux myself. When using screen iirc you can just type 'screen' to start a screen then start ptsminer.

Now if you want to you can detach the session with 'Ctrl-a d' and later reattach with screen -r.

This way you can run in the abckground and even log out of the system. If its powered up it stays running.

Offline LittlSp3rling

• View Profile
It's fired up. Thank you, arcke!
How can I monitor it, and how do I know it's still running? The screen -d and screen -r commands don't seem to work when reconnecting.

*** press CTRL+C to exit
using SSE4
[WORKER0] Hello, World!
[WORKER0] GoGoGo!
[WORKER1] Hello, World!
[WORKER1] GoGoGo!
[WORKER] collision found: 44006518 <-> 58181381 #50 @ 1389380612 by 0
[STATS] 2014-Jan-10 14:03:47 | 14.1 c/m | 0.3 sh/m | VL: 0 (0.0%), RJ: 1 (100.0%), ST: 0 (0.0%)
[WORKER] collision found: 37395586 <-> 28848827 #72 @ 1389380722 by 0
[STATS] 2014-Jan-10 14:05:19 | 14.2 c/m | 0.4 sh/m | VL: 0 (0.0%), RJ: 2 (100.0%), ST: 0 (0.0%)

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
Thank you ZVS!
Here's where I get stuck...

root@ProtoSharesMining001:~/ptsminer/src# make -f makefile.unix && cd ~
g++ -c -O2  -fpermissive -o obj/cpuid.o cpuid.c
yasm -f elf64 -o obj/sha512_avx.o intel/sha512_avx.asm
yasm -f elf64 -o obj/sha512_sse4.o intel/sha512_sse4.asm
g++ -c -O2  -fpermissive -o obj/sha512.o sha512.c
g++ -c -O1  -fpermissive -o obj/sph_sha2.o sph_sha2.c
sph_sha2.c: In function ‘void sph_sha224_init(void*)’:
sph_sha2.c:628:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_sha2.c: In function ‘void sph_sha256_init(void*)’:
sph_sha2.c:643:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha256_context* {aka sph_sha224_context*}’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
In file included from sph_sha2.c:655:0:
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sha224_short(void*, const void*, size_t)’:
sph_md_helper.c:136:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sph_sha224(void*, const void*, size_t)’:
sph_md_helper.c:186:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_md_helper.c:208:21: warning: invalid conversion from ‘const void*’ to ‘const unsigned char*’ [-fpermissive]
   RFUN(data, SPH_VAL);
                     ^
sph_sha2.c:615:1: warning:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void sha2_round(const unsigned char*, sph_u32*)’ [-fpermissive]
 sha2_round(const unsigned char *data, sph_u32 r[8])
 ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sha224_addbits_and_close(void*, unsigned int, unsigned int, void*, unsigned int)’:
sph_md_helper.c:250:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
g++ -c -O1  -fpermissive -o obj/sph_sha2big.o sph_sha2big.c
sph_sha2big.c: In function ‘void sph_sha384_init(void*)’:
sph_sha2big.c:191:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha384_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_sha2big.c: In function ‘void sph_sha512_init(void*)’:
sph_sha2big.c:202:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha512_context* {aka sph_sha384_context*}’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
In file included from sph_sha2big.c:210:0:
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sha384_short(void*, const void*, size_t)’:
sph_md_helper.c:136:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha384_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sph_sha384(void*, const void*, size_t)’:
sph_md_helper.c:186:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha384_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_md_helper.c:208:21: warning: invalid conversion from ‘const void*’ to ‘const unsigned char*’ [-fpermissive]
   RFUN(data, SPH_VAL);
                     ^
sph_sha2big.c:178:1: warning:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void sha3_round(const unsigned char*, sph_u64*)’ [-fpermissive]
 sha3_round(const unsigned char *data, sph_u64 r[8])
 ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sha384_addbits_and_close(void*, unsigned int, unsigned int, void*, unsigned int)’:
sph_md_helper.c:250:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha384_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
g++ -c -O2  -pthread -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/ptsminer/src -I/root/ptsminer/src/obj -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o obj/main_poolminer.o main_poolminer.cpp
g++ -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now  -o ptsminer  obj/cpuid.o obj/sha512_avx.o obj/sha512_sse4.o obj/sha512.o obj/sph_sha2.o obj/sph_sha2big.o obj/main_poolminer.o  -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l boost_chrono -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread
root@ProtoSharesMining001:~# screen –S ptc
[screen is terminating]
root@ProtoSharesMining001:~#

I thinik you are good now. There were no errors. Ptsminer is built OK. Try starting it from the source folder.

cd ptsminer/src
./ptsminer address ncores memlimit [sse4]

Offline LittlSp3rling

• View Profile
Thank you ZVS!
Here's where I get stuck...

root@ProtoSharesMining001:~/ptsminer/src# make -f makefile.unix && cd ~
g++ -c -O2  -fpermissive -o obj/cpuid.o cpuid.c
yasm -f elf64 -o obj/sha512_avx.o intel/sha512_avx.asm
yasm -f elf64 -o obj/sha512_sse4.o intel/sha512_sse4.asm
g++ -c -O2  -fpermissive -o obj/sha512.o sha512.c
g++ -c -O1  -fpermissive -o obj/sph_sha2.o sph_sha2.c
sph_sha2.c:628:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_sha2.c: In function ‘void sph_sha256_init(void*)’:
sph_sha2.c:643:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha256_context* {aka sph_sha224_context*}’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sha224_short(void*, const void*, size_t)’:
sph_md_helper.c:136:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sph_sha224(void*, const void*, size_t)’:
sph_md_helper.c:186:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
   RFUN(data, SPH_VAL);
                     ^
sph_sha2.c:615:1: warning:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void sha2_round(const unsigned char*, sph_u32*)’ [-fpermissive]
 sha2_round(const unsigned char *data, sph_u32 r[8])
 ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sha224_addbits_and_close(void*, unsigned int, unsigned int, void*, unsigned int)’:
sph_md_helper.c:250:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
g++ -c -O1  -fpermissive -o obj/sph_sha2big.o sph_sha2big.c
sph_sha2big.c: In function ‘void sph_sha384_init(void*)’:
sph_sha2big.c:191:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha384_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_sha2big.c: In function ‘void sph_sha512_init(void*)’:
sph_sha2big.c:202:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha512_context* {aka sph_sha384_context*}’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sha384_short(void*, const void*, size_t)’:
sph_md_helper.c:136:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha384_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sph_sha384(void*, const void*, size_t)’:
sph_md_helper.c:186:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha384_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
   RFUN(data, SPH_VAL);
                     ^
sph_sha2big.c:178:1: warning:   initializing argument 1 of ‘void sha3_round(const unsigned char*, sph_u64*)’ [-fpermissive]
 sha3_round(const unsigned char *data, sph_u64 r[8])
 ^
sph_md_helper.c: In function ‘void sha384_addbits_and_close(void*, unsigned int, unsigned int, void*, unsigned int)’:
sph_md_helper.c:250:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha384_context*’ [-fpermissive]
  sc = cc;
     ^
g++ -c -O2  -pthread -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/root/ptsminer/src -I/root/ptsminer/src/obj -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o obj/main_poolminer.o main_poolminer.cpp
g++ -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now  -o ptsminer  obj/cpuid.o obj/sha512_avx.o obj/sha512_sse4.o obj/sha512.o obj/sph_sha2.o obj/sph_sha2big.o obj/main_poolminer.o  -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l boost_chrono -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread
root@ProtoSharesMining001:~# screen –S ptc
[screen is terminating]
root@ProtoSharesMining001:~#
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:27:11 pm by LittlSp3rling »

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Thank you all guys :)

i think i fixed using

sudo apt-get install libboost1.48-all-dev

probably donschoe suggestion should work better cause suggesting latest version of libboost actually

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=722.msg13427#msg13427

ez search

sph_sha2.c:628:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_contex                                                                                        t*’ [-fpermissive]
that's a warning, not an error
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:20:56 am by zvs »
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline LittlSp3rling

• View Profile
I'm stuck at the same command but different error msg.

Also followed the instructions from http://www.protoshares.com/mining.html

This command:
make -f makefile.unix && cd ~

Returns this:
sph_sha2.c:628:5: warning: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘sph_sha224_contex                                                                                        t*’ [-fpermissive]

Ubuntu 13.10 x64

Please help

Offline Virtuoid

• View Profile
Thank you all guys :)

i think i fixed using

sudo apt-get install libboost1.48-all-dev

probably donschoe suggestion should work better cause suggesting latest version of libboost actually

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Hi, thank you :)

now i receive this that seems the real problem.

$ make -f makefile.unix && cd ~
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_chrono
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ptsminer] Error 1

any idea ?:(

Don't install libboost-all-dev, use the newer packges:
sudo apt-get install libboost-chrono1.54-dev libboost-filesystem1.54-dev libboost-system1.54-dev libboost-program-options1.54-dev libboost-thread1.54-dev

Offline hasher

• View Profile
i used this to solve boost issue, this could take awhile to compile though:

# Get boost source, compile and install
wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.54.0/boost_1_54_0.tar.gz
tar -xzvf boost_1_54_0.tar.gz
cd boost_1_54_0
./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/usr/local
sudo ./b2 install --with=all

# Tell your system where to find boost
export BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH="/usr/local/include/boost"
export BOOST_LIB_PATH="/usr/local/lib"
sudo ldconfig

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_chrono
.. means that a library called boost_chrono (after -l) is missing

check against your distribution where to find/install it.
I.e. with debian

$ aptitude search boost | grep -i chrono

gives you
i   libboost-chrono-dev             - C++ representation of time duration, time

That one should be installed too