Author Topic: import wallet 2.0  (Read 2997 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
xeroc, Iam very interested in paying you to get my wallet recovered if that is something you could help me with.
Please read and follow the procedure described there
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19931.0.html

Offline cambie24

• View Profile
xeroc, Iam very interested in paying you to get my wallet recovered if that is something you could help me with.

Offline cambie24

• View Profile
I had an old json file  that did not show all my shares up to date.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thank you, worked this time. So now I have successfully exported my wallet from the 9.3C and installed it into 2.0 light. Once installing wallet into 2.0 it showed importing 1207 keys, wallet imported and went to claim balances. Now my account just shows my collected balances and not all my existing bitshares? Anything Iam missing?
The claiming process is actually a distinct step that creates a transactions .. signs it with your keys and only after that will the shares appear in your account ..
Did your exported wallet show all your shares correctly?

Offline cambie24

• View Profile
Thank you, worked this time. So now I have successfully exported my wallet from the 9.3C and installed it into 2.0 light. Once installing wallet into 2.0 it showed importing 1207 keys, wallet imported and went to claim balances. Now my account just shows my collected balances and not all my existing bitshares? Anything Iam missing?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
are you sure you have 0.9.3c installed?
wallet_export_keys has been part of the code for quite some time

Offline cambie24

• View Profile
Having issues using console on 9.3c to export wallet to migrate to 2.0. Also not sure how to put screenshot pic on here?
On console I type in
wallet_export_keys c:\users\rod\desktop\keys.json and this is what happens Error: invalid command "wallet_export_keys"
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hello First,

please read the whole migration guide!
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/

You will *need* to use 0.9.3!!

Offline First

• View Profile
Ok i did some further reading in the forum and discovered that my wallet json is incompatible with Graphene as the latest version of the wallet i used was 0.6.2.
So i need to download the 0.9.3 wallet, import my old wallet and export the wallet again to get a Graphene compatible wallet?
Is this correct and where can i download 0.9.3? Thanks

Offline First

• View Profile
Hi i was playing around with the 2.0 client but did not import my wallet from 0.9 yet.
Today i was trying but i am a bit lost. I followed the steps described here http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html
but was not able to import the wallet. When i upload my key export file i see the message "Y.default.fromPublicKeyString(...) is null" and "Cannot read property 'toAddressString' of null" on another computer.
The wallet is a BitShares X Wallet Backup.json and i remeber importing it in the 0.9 version once without problems.

Can someone help me out with this?