Author Topic: I haven't voted yet... apathy that free trade will continue to captain the ship  (Read 3998 times)

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Not sure about being able to delegate voting power, makes it easier to pay for votes and rig an election.

Yes - that's a hazard - we'd need to think about that carefully.

What i would like to see is somewhere where all the candidates are given a couple of pages for their plans which could be listed.

I think this is up to candidates - If voters prefer candidates to do this, candidates who do this will get elected, and then more candidates will do it.

2. Introduce a secondary system of voting so you can vote on which parts of my manifesto you want to be prioritised and which are just a nice to have.

Yes, we've got the voting machinery there and should see this soon - people will be able to hold polls about whatever they like.

The idea of a coin that has paid employees is what sets memory coin apart. If we want to see it raise in value and taken seriously we need to demonstrate that having elected paid employees leads to quicker more focused development and a community which is engaged in the coins direction. 

I think we're doing that by doing quicker, more focused development - there's a lot being produced very quickly right now.
How exactly to handle the firehose of cash that is going to be fired at officers if the price starts to ramp up is something that we're going to have to learn.

Thanks for answering those questions Freetrade very much appreciated. I have accumulated a few thousand memory coins and not sold any. I am a non technical 48 year old that painstakingly learnt how to build a computer so i could mine litecoin. I did this because i am a libertarian and i believe in decentralisation. Im sure there are plenty like me. Make sure you suck in their dollars too and lets see where you can take this.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Not sure about being able to delegate voting power, makes it easier to pay for votes and rig an election.

Yes - that's a hazard - we'd need to think about that carefully.

What i would like to see is somewhere where all the candidates are given a couple of pages for their plans which could be listed.

I think this is up to candidates - If voters prefer candidates to do this, candidates who do this will get elected, and then more candidates will do it.

2. Introduce a secondary system of voting so you can vote on which parts of my manifesto you want to be prioritised and which are just a nice to have.

Yes, we've got the voting machinery there and should see this soon - people will be able to hold polls about whatever they like.

The idea of a coin that has paid employees is what sets memory coin apart. If we want to see it raise in value and taken seriously we need to demonstrate that having elected paid employees leads to quicker more focused development and a community which is engaged in the coins direction. 

I think we're doing that by doing quicker, more focused development - there's a lot being produced very quickly right now.
How exactly to handle the firehose of cash that is going to be fired at officers if the price starts to ramp up is something that we're going to have to learn.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Thanks for your suggestions for improvements.

I'm thinking maybe proxy voting would help to improve the situation - that would allow users to delegate their voting power to someone they trust. Not implemented yet, but might be something for the future.

For example, vote for me and i will

1. implement a tally chart continually updating the number of votes going to each candidate.
3. ........ ect ect

The idea of a coin that has paid employees is what sets memory coin apart. If we want to see it raise in value and taken seriously we need to demonstrate that having elected paid employees leads to quicker more focused development and a community which is engaged in the coins direction.  Which in turn will make the elected moor accountable for their promises.

I believe if its done correctly you can create auto focusing development in all aspects of the coin. Then even the development becomes decentralised because it ends up being a consensus of the will of all holders.

Im surprised to see no opinions on the above, surly this is the most important discussion for memory coin. How to make the best of what sets it apart. or am i taking about something already covered somewhere else? If i am please reply with the link.

Isnt this important? come on free trade. Its not just coders that follow you and your team. If this is dealt with else were point me too it. If all of you that have been voted into positions of responsibility are not answering because you dont want to be accountable or put under pressure then tell us.

If i was a future investor and i read this i would not bother. I know this coin has potential but it only has potential because it has payed developers. Please all of you that have been elected tell us all there you stand on this.

I have a thick skin, if im talking rubbish then explain that to me and any other like minded investor.
CEOs of any company pay themselves from the business funds.

He paid himself for his work, this isn't just another copy and paste Crypto
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

I'm thinking maybe proxy voting would help to improve the situation - that would allow users to delegate their voting power to someone they trust. Not implemented yet, but might be something for the future.

1. implement a tally chart continually updating the number of votes going to each candidate.
3. ........ ect ect

The idea of a coin that has paid employees is what sets memory coin apart. If we want to see it raise in value and taken seriously we need to demonstrate that having elected paid employees leads to quicker more focused development and a community which is engaged in the coins direction.  Which in turn will make the elected moor accountable for their promises.

I believe if its done correctly you can create auto focusing development in all aspects of the coin. Then even the development becomes decentralised because it ends up being a consensus of the will of all holders.

Im surprised to see no opinions on the above, surly this is the most important discussion for memory coin. How to make the best of what sets it apart. or am i taking about something already covered somewhere else? If i am please reply with the link.

Isnt this important? come on free trade. Its not just coders that follow you and your team. If this is dealt with else were point me too it. If all of you that have been voted into positions of responsibility are not answering because you dont want to be accountable or put under pressure then tell us.

If i was a future investor and i read this i would not bother. I know this coin has potential but it only has potential because it has payed developers. Please all of you that have been elected tell us all there you stand on this.

I have a thick skin, if im talking rubbish then explain that to me and any other like minded investor.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

3. ........ ect ect

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

3. ........ ect ect

Offline seraphim

When you click on a block on mmcvotes (for example http://mmcvotes.com/block/6240 )you can see everything. Voted addresses, weight, how candidates are eliminated, who won and which addresses voted for him, again including the weight.

Meet you on STEEM

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
1: http://mmcvotes.com/ - not in a convenient table, but no special tech skills needed to read the logs either
2: http://www.memorycoin.org/candidates - the best overview you can get at the moment

Thanks, I was really looking for something that told me how close the election were, a tally of votes. Is there any thing like that?

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Also, I'm not sure if you're aware, but the MemoryCoin-QT client now has a voting menu which leads to web pages with topics about voting, like the current candidates, recent results, what you're voting for, how to vote.

BTW the vote menu does not work in Linux.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Also, I'm not sure if you're aware, but the MemoryCoin-QT client now has a voting menu which leads to web pages with topics about voting, like the current candidates, recent results, what you're voting for, how to vote.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

Offline seraphim

1: http://mmcvotes.com/ - not in a convenient table, but no special tech skills needed to read the logs either
2: http://www.memorycoin.org/candidates - the best overview you can get at the moment
Meet you on STEEM

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
I started mining this coin because i believe that freetrade could lead a good team and come up with some innovative changes for the coin which would in turn raise its value. I just realised i haven't even voted for him or any of the other great developers working hard to increase the value of their pots (and ours at the same time).

I thought i would make that point because i am sure that I'm not the only one who hasn't voted but does have a preference.

A few other related points.

1. Can we see anywhere (in an untechnical form) how many votes each of the positions has and how many their nearest rivals have?

2. Is there a single, easy to navigate place to see the manifestos of each of the candidates and holders of positions?

3. It would be productive if each candidate/position holder not only had a manifesto but for it to be an enlarged manifesto which could then be narrowed down by mmc holders having the ability to prioritise the propositions within the manifesto by some form of voting.

What do you think?