Author Topic: [ANN] Coaex - MemoryCoin Gold Exchange  (Read 28757 times)

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
MemoryCoin is removed from Coaex once more due to security issues with the wallet and lack of support from the community. I hope it wouldn't take long to re-enable it, this time.
To re-enable it in Coaex, I want these tasks to be accomplished by CxO guys:

1) Exchange decentralization (Multiple markets with at least a depth of 2 BTC/daily each)
2) Pool decentralization (Max. percentage of pools should be at 40%)
3) A symbolic donation in any amount of MemoryCoin from at least 5 community member, especially from former/current CxO guys (That's due to your past performance in your duties.)
4) Fair distribution of the coin (I don't want to see x15 increment from the biggest stakeholder through the rest of the list.)
5) Wallet Update!
6) Official Page posts (paid blog writers, at least send 1 post a week.)

I think my message is clear enough. I know you guys are already working on some of these but you know, it is not enough. Feel free to comment, share your thoughts with me by using the contact form here: http://www.coaex.com/support/contact-us/

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:09:58 pm by stalemate »
Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline ManeBjorn

• View Profile
That is great news. 
 :D

@bgaer, Thanks Brian. For MemoryCoin cashback, please PM me your wallet address.
@seraphim, MemoryCoin payments enabled again. Could you please add Coaex to Merchants section at MemoryCoin.org ?
Tips Appreciated MMC | MQotia5NmKTsaXXPaN8hw2ze3Z1DNwi39s
https://www.multibet.io/index.php?ref=ManeBjorn

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
@bgaer, Thanks Brian. For MemoryCoin cashback, please PM me your wallet address.
@seraphim, MemoryCoin payments enabled again. Could you please add Coaex to Merchants section at MemoryCoin.org ?
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline bgaer

• View Profile
I have purchased several grams using Bitcoin from coax without any issues.    I have no problem revealing my idenity.....here is my facebook profile.

https://www.facebook.com/brian.gaer

I have never had any issues with this compnay - honest, quick and reliable.   In total I have made 4 purchases totalling almost 7 grams of gold.

Offline ManeBjorn

• View Profile
I will be soon as I am over 100 MMC finally.

No need to worry as this is an interim measure to protect both sides (customers and merchant). As for your information, noone had purchased with MemoryCoin still, there shouldn't be any effect on market value of the coin. I see some indication of stabilization today but that (5%) is still not enough. I expect around 2.5% gap between bid/ask.
In overall, this interim measure should take no more than 3 weeks. This will also make us observe the general market condition. In that time, I'll add more products and coins such as FTC, DOGE and maybe others. Just drop me a message if you would like to purchase with MemoryCoin, I can enable it for a short time.

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
No need to worry as this is an interim measure to protect both sides (customers and merchant). As for your information, noone had purchased with MemoryCoin still, there shouldn't be any effect on market value of the coin. I see some indication of stabilization today but that (5%) is still not enough. I expect around 2.5% gap between bid/ask.
In overall, this interim measure should take no more than 3 weeks. This will also make us observe the general market condition. In that time, I'll add more products and coins such as FTC, DOGE and maybe others. Just drop me a message if you would like to purchase with MemoryCoin, I can enable it for a short time.

Offline ManeBjorn

• View Profile
That is sad news.
I will keep an eye out and keep mining and hope for it to be re-enabled soon.  I have been using doge to buy MMC.  Majorly bummer.

MemoryCoin is temporarily disabled due to high gap between buy and sell value on Bter. In other words, it is disabled due to its depreciation at enormous rates right now - thanks to everyone who make it possible. This execution would take place if it was appreciated at similar rates, as well. We will enable it once the value is stabilized.

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
MemoryCoin is temporarily disabled due to high gap between buy and sell value on Bter. In other words, it is disabled due to its depreciation at enormous rates right now - thanks to everyone who make it possible. This execution would take place if it was appreciated at similar rates, as well. We will enable it once the value is stabilized.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:04:16 pm by stalemate »

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
that's great. it seems the customer was using an older client, then.

Offline seraphim

The current client already got tx-fees built in again
Meet you on STEEM

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Just a feedback from a merchant perspective..
We noted on our FAQ page that adding a small fee when transferring MemoryCoin will avoid cancellation of orders. However, we see that "default zero transaction fees" lead to our customers' orders to be cancelled even though there is a time limit of 2 hours which I believe is high enough. In a recent order, a customer send the payment, after 2 hours the payment is cancelled and coins are returned back to customer's wallet. I don't think any merchant would like to request its customers to re-purchase their orders and I think not everyone is aware of transaction fees' effect when paying a merchant. Therefore, I request this "zero transaction fee" feature to be re-considered. In conclusion, MemoryCoin is not customer/merchant friendly coin right now.

Offline ManeBjorn

• View Profile
I see silver has been added this is great to see and soon to buy.  :D

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Weekend Promotion

https://cryptothrift.com/auctions/gold/0-5-gram-igr-gold-bar-9999-fine-promotional/

1 x 0.5 gram Gold Bar - bids starting from 1 USD! No reserve price!
Don't miss out the offer.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:51:14 am by stalemate »

Offline ManeBjorn

• View Profile
This would be awesome.
I am actually mining MemoryCoin for two reasons, the first is to buy gold for my one year old daughter and the 2nd to donate to charities as I know how much they need help in these tough times.
That is a great idea.
It looks like a huge investment though hopefully it can be done.  This would be great for MemoryCoin.

We were talking with FreeTrade couple of days ago about MemoryCoin printed Gold Bar cards.

First of all, what is MemoryCoin gold bars?
It is a customizable card contains physical gold inside it. In special days like Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day etc, IGR produces that kind of gold bar cards.
See an example here: http://www.apmex.com/product/81193/1-2-gram-st-patricks-day-gold-bar-pre-sale-2-12-14

I talked to gold manufacturers in Istanbul today. It is possible. However, I have some concern about the demand and benefits to the community.
I quoted two different manufacturers, I may quote more but my time was limited. Here are the offers I get:

IGR
The cost of custom production is around 3,000 USD. (Negotiated till 2,500 USD)
The minimum order amount is around 250,000 USD worth of gold.

Nadir Metal
The cost of custom production is around 1,500 USD. (Negotiated till 1,000 USD)
The minimum order amount is around 150,000 USD worth of gold.

I'm sure these amounts will be a bit more lowered when the actual agreement is made.
So what do you think? Is it worth to produce that kind of stuff or shall we switch to cost effective solutions such as keyrings, apparel, some low cost products?
As for Coaex, this will be our long-term goal. We can make it with fundraising or with reseller agreements with Arab merchants.

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
We were talking with FreeTrade couple of days ago about MemoryCoin printed Gold Bar cards.

First of all, what is MemoryCoin gold bars?
It is a customizable card contains physical gold inside it. In special days like Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day etc, IGR produces that kind of gold bar cards.
See an example here: http://www.apmex.com/product/81193/1-2-gram-st-patricks-day-gold-bar-pre-sale-2-12-14

I talked to gold manufacturers in Istanbul today. It is possible. However, I have some concern about the demand and benefits to the community.
I was quoted by two different manufacturer, I may visit some others but my time was limited. Here are the offers I get:

IGR
The cost of custom production is around 3,000 USD. (Negotiated till 2,500 USD)
The minimum order amount is around 250,000 USD worth of gold.

Nadir Metal
The cost of custom production is around 1,500 USD. (Negotiated till 1,000 USD)
The minimum order amount is around 150,000 USD worth of gold.

I'm sure these amounts will be a bit more lowered when the actual agreement is made.
So what do you think? Is it worth to produce that kind of stuff or shall we switch to cost effective solutions such as keyrings, apparel, some low cost products?
As for Coaex, this will be our long-term goal. We can make it with fundraising or with reseller agreements with Arab merchants.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:48:34 pm by stalemate »