Author Topic: Concerned about lack of marketing/visibility  (Read 1813 times)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Thanks - Yes, I am trying my best over there at steemit - I am still convinced that Bitshares has massive potential and can redefine the way we do finance, like bitcoin did/is doing, but for an even wider audience.

It means a lot that some new blood has joined the forum here thanks to my posts over at steemit, so once again thank you for voicing that!

Offline tehdos

Ya, I saw that too. Thanks Karnal

Offline gh0styeti

Even though the liquidity issue is still around (rendering BitShares essentially useless for most people), progress is being made and solutions are being discussed. As insiders/investors/users we know this.

From the outside though, other than the Beyond Bitcoin (which I follow every week), which again mostly only insiders will know about, things don't look so good, apparently.

The YouTube channel is dead, last videos were months ago and plenty of outdated information.
Many of the infographics one can find online appear to contain a lot of outdated info (still mentioning BitUSD yield, for instance)
There does not appear to be any meaningful twitter activity.
There is no IRC channel.
Documentation online is scattered, incomplete, and sometimes contains typos.

With STEALTH coming and with BTC/ETH/DOGE/LTC/USD/EUR/CNY bridges already operational, even if not perfect as they rely on a 3rd party UIA right now, it seems to me that there is a very real and immediate use case for BitShares in the crypto community, which of course is preserving value (in a private way with STEALTH) when wanting to divest away from crypto speculation.

Services are already being built for the platform and likely will continue to be, until then if we can capture this part of the market, crypto users storing their loot on bitshares, that'll distinguish us from every other crypto project out there - as far as I'm aware, there is no better solution, right now or in sight, to store wealth using crypto.

It seems like a clear opportunity, BitShares is by far the best match for it. I don't think the rest of the crypto-world, for the most part, realizes that.

When STEALTH comes, we MUST have liquidity, we MUST have good documentation, we MUST have YouTube (and text) tutorials explaining how to store a stable value of wealth in the platform.

I believe in the short/medium term this is the #1 use for the platform. Do you agree? How can we organize things to entice thousands of new users to join and store their wealth on the network in the very near future?
Hey Karnel, followed you here from Steemit so you're doing a good job championing bitshares to that crowd!

So much marketing potential over there. If there is a specific thread re steemit marketing then please let me know as I think it needs a massive push and I have some ideas that might fly.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Agreed  +5% to most.. I don't agree about documentation being scattered... you can find everything at docs.bitshares.eu .. and if something is missing it doesn't take long before xeroc added it when he sees a need.

This boils down to a marketing campaign you are describing and getting a message across.

If you like to see more youtube videos.. I know that Ronny is working on some for openledger as tutorials. That should help.

We got slack.. which is getting a handful of users daily that I am personally welcoming.. we got Telegram too.. IRC would be ok I guess.. I bet we probably have one and don't even know it. :)

Infographics I agree are out of date.. we need someone who is willing to produce and keep them fresh.. in the past we paid 3rd parties that came and went after they got paid. Updating them today means starting over.. I know people are going to jump in and say 'worker proposal' but that would just be dumb. Not because it shouldn't be done through that, but because it is just a small piece of an overall strategy that should be executed to be effective.. and you are not going to have that happen with multiple workers that have no cohesive operation.

Twitter and other social media I agree are weak points here. This is due to the fragmentation of efforts going on with multiple parties and no cohesive operation/plans.

I will reply to this thread later this week with some solutions.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Even though the liquidity issue is still around (rendering BitShares essentially useless for most people), progress is being made and solutions are being discussed. As insiders/investors/users we know this.

From the outside though, other than the Beyond Bitcoin (which I follow every week), which again mostly only insiders will know about, things don't look so good, apparently.

The YouTube channel is dead, last videos were months ago and plenty of outdated information.
Many of the infographics one can find online appear to contain a lot of outdated info (still mentioning BitUSD yield, for instance)
There does not appear to be any meaningful twitter activity.
There is no IRC channel.
Documentation online is scattered, incomplete, and sometimes contains typos.

With STEALTH coming and with BTC/ETH/DOGE/LTC/USD/EUR/CNY bridges already operational, even if not perfect as they rely on a 3rd party UIA right now, it seems to me that there is a very real and immediate use case for BitShares in the crypto community, which of course is preserving value (in a private way with STEALTH) when wanting to divest away from crypto speculation.

Services are already being built for the platform and likely will continue to be, until then if we can capture this part of the market, crypto users storing their loot on bitshares, that'll distinguish us from every other crypto project out there - as far as I'm aware, there is no better solution, right now or in sight, to store wealth using crypto.

It seems like a clear opportunity, BitShares is by far the best match for it. I don't think the rest of the crypto-world, for the most part, realizes that.

When STEALTH comes, we MUST have liquidity, we MUST have good documentation, we MUST have YouTube (and text) tutorials explaining how to store a stable value of wealth in the platform.

I believe in the short/medium term this is the #1 use for the platform. Do you agree? How can we organize things to entice thousands of new users to join and store their wealth on the network in the very near future?