Author Topic: 100% Hash rate on one pool (again)  (Read 5581 times)

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile

Its also against your selfish interest for me to not put a bullet in your brain.

You've lost me here.  Anything else I read from you will always be tainted with this comment.  No matter how you meant it, no matter if you meant it.  You're comment is aggressive and completely inappropriate.   (Or, if it is appropriate, I've backed the wrong coin.)  I don't even care what the debate is about...this comment is wrong.

The way I understood it, he's saying 'What if someone put a gun to your head?' - so even if the pool has good intentions, their hand could be forced by someone who did not - a government or new management etc.
This was what I meant, while you may be completely reasonable, the world has shown us that people will gladly put a guns to somebody's head for $30,000
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

Its also against your selfish interest for me to not put a bullet in your brain.

You've lost me here.  Anything else I read from you will always be tainted with this comment.  No matter how you meant it, no matter if you meant it.  You're comment is aggressive and completely inappropriate.   (Or, if it is appropriate, I've backed the wrong coin.)  I don't even care what the debate is about...this comment is wrong.

The way I understood it, he's saying 'What if someone put a gun to your head?' - so even if the pool has good intentions, their hand could be forced by someone who did not - a government or new management etc.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile

Sorry I think you misinterpreted it.

What I am saying, is from the perspective of someone wanting to perform a double spend, it is in their interests to do anything necessary to force them to do what they want. Which they can as they have near 100%.

I wasn't threatening him, just putting in the perspective of someone attacking the network

If I was going to give someone a death threat (I won't) I wouldn't do it from an account in which the username is my actual name - that would be stupid
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:39:45 am by isaacgoldbourne »
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!

Offline badbonez

• View Profile

MMC: MQ4EA85nnZwytrcqx9rJSpDWVTSXaxfqmc

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Threatening and bribery - welcome to the world of Mafia...err...MemoryCoin  :D
Who has been threatened?

I was saying it would be worth someone's while to hold a gun to his head. Thats the world of money.

And FreeTrade, I think buying the code off of them would be a great thing for your reputation, that and creating bounties. Its the sort of thing my PR management friend would suggest.

Offline seraphim

Threatening and bribery - welcome to the world of Mafia...err...MemoryCoin  :D
Meet you on STEEM

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Guys, we are keeping in touch with Another Awesome Pool, and they have something nice to show in the near future too. Besides, I remember certain dev from bitcointalk mentioning his work on MMC GPU implementation. The competition is there, things just need time to evolve.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Any idea of how many MCC would make it worth your while?
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Short answer - no, not yet.

On the upside, we are not going to 51% the network or try other funny things. You may remember how btcguild was handling over half of bitcoin network and nothing special happened - for the same reason.
What if I hold a gun to your head?
It is very clear how exactly centralisation is bad, but it is (obviously) against our selfish interest to opensource the thing on the moment. It is also against the same selfish interest to harm the coin.
Its also against your selfish interest for me to not put a bullet in your brain. -- edit: to everyone interpreting this as a threat against him, 'I' is the perspective of someone wanting to perform an attack -- Even if you did it privately with other pools and arrange a part of their fees to go to you that would be considerably better than you having all the control.

I trust you, its just there are always ways of making you do things, or gaining access to your servers and doing things.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:42:15 am by isaacgoldbourne »

Offline reorder

• View Profile

On the upside, we are not going to 51% the network or try other funny things. You may remember how btcguild was handling over half of bitcoin network and nothing special happened - for the same reason.
It is very clear how exactly centralisation is bad, but it is (obviously) against our selfish interest to opensource the thing on the moment. It is also against the same selfish interest to harm the coin.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I think we're going to want p2pool and an open source gpu miner. And then we're going to want them together, with a zero config, one click launch from the GUI.

Not sure how we get there, but that's where I want to be headed.

Offline reorder

• View Profile

Offline h0g0f0g0

• View Profile
GPU miner can be used for other pools as well, you just need to add entry into a hosts file.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
mmc.1ghash.com has almost 100% hash rate, for obvious reasons.

This is not very good for network security, we need to spread ourselves out. I would like to appeal to the admins of 1gh to opensource their GPU mining code so that other pools may use it, for the good of everyone elses coins. We cannot have you controlling this much hash rate - we need confidence now more than ever.