Author Topic: [ANN] [STEEM] Introducing Steem, Looking for Witnesses / Miners  (Read 115142 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I wanted to make sure Steem didn't compete with BitShares market.  In fact, one of the reasons I was willing to help with Steem was that its feature set is fundamentally incompatible with BitShares and we could not hardfork BitShares to implement what Steem does.

I'll just leave this here...and direct attention specifically to "Phase 3" ::)

https://steemit.com/steem/@dan/steemit-s-evil-plan-for-cryptocurrency-world-domination
Lol, I wouldn't be too concerned, though. Steemit's got way too many issues to work out in their base platform to be competing with BitShares as a decentralized exchange any time soon...
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I wanted to make sure Steem didn't compete with BitShares market.  In fact, one of the reasons I was willing to help with Steem was that its feature set is fundamentally incompatible with BitShares and we could not hardfork BitShares to implement what Steem does.

I'll just leave this here...and direct attention specifically to "Phase 3" ::)

https://steemit.com/steem/@dan/steemit-s-evil-plan-for-cryptocurrency-world-domination
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:47:11 am by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
Who is "dantheman" on Steemit?

Is it Dan Larimer or Dan Notestein?
Larimer

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline Tuck Fheman

Who is "dantheman" on Steemit?

Is it Dan Larimer or Dan Notestein?
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Tuck Fheman

Hey Steemians/Steemers/Steemsters,

Help support new young talented liberty oriented bloggers by upvoting their content on Steem.

This is Evan Koser's first Steem post. He runs one of the most popular liberty blogs on Tumblr, is very knowledgable on many fronts and is an excellent writer.

Please support new original content on Steem with your upvote and/or comments to help bring more talented original content creators to Steem!

https://goo.gl/3GVnwr  <-- The Steemit link doesn't work here, but this goes to Steemit.

Stray from the list!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:35:01 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline valzav

• View Profile
You have to use facebook to sign up for steemit?! WTF?!
Identity verification is needed to prevent abuse. There will be some other options besides facebook including an option to not reveal identity at all but probably it will cost you some money.

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
You have to use facebook to sign up for steemit?! WTF?!

Offline Tuck Fheman

hey Tuck.  If you had the password entered into a text document it might have been cached on your hdd.  I know that many of the text editor programs I use will save an auto backup under a different name until the real document is saved or closed.  I would check the specifics of whatever program you used.  Check whatever directory it would have saved a backup to.  If there is no backup present run recovery software on that hdd and see if it can find one.

Thanks for the tip, I will look into it!

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
genis-carreras
The blockchain doesn't show any transactions for that account which means that its private keys has not been updated.
You still have the old keys? Maybe in a backup of your password manager?

Ya I have the BTS private key that the account was setup with.

I just don't have a way to do anything with it since I'm on Windows. I've tried logging in with it on Steemit, but it says the password is incorrect, since I updated it there.

I will gladly pay you something, upvotes or STEEM, if you can reset this password with the original BTS private key. Just let me know where to send the key.

Thanks for the help.
hey Tuck.  If you had the password entered into a text document it might have been cached on your hdd.  I know that many of the text editor programs I use will save an auto backup under a different name until the real document is saved or closed.  I would check the specifics of whatever program you used.  Check whatever directory it would have saved a backup to.  If there is no backup present run recovery software on that hdd and see if it can find one.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Tuck Fheman

genis-carreras
The blockchain doesn't show any transactions for that account which means that its private keys has not been updated.

Ya I have the BTS private key that the account was setup with.

I just don't have a way to do anything with it since I'm on Windows. I've tried logging in with it on Steemit, but it says the password is incorrect, since I updated it there.

I will gladly pay you something, upvotes or STEEM, if you can reset this password with the original BTS private key. Just let me know where to send the key.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:24:53 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
genis-carreras

Offline Tuck Fheman

what's the account name?
Since the steemit.com webpage is not open source, I can't really tell what it is doing in that case .. maybe @valzav can help

genis-carreras