Author Topic: Bitland: putting land on the ledger in Ghana  (Read 12659 times)

Offline Tabali_Tigi

So, FYI:

The reason that the partnership with Kottackal to audit us is a big deal is because Kottackal helps tech firms get VC in India.  However, to move into that market, you must be compliant, thus the necessity for "auditing" before entering.  Global success standard for "successful" seed funding is $20,000.  Bitland passed that already, so globally have met "success" standards for crowdfunding ;)  That is when you start to get past attention in traditional fintech media, and that is why we have been contacted by many international organizations looking to partner.  Some are just still in the works ;)

http://nextbillion.net/news/press-release-unitus-seed-fund-adds-more-prominent-investors/

November 16, 2014. Bangalore: Unitus Seed Fund, India’s leading venture seed fund supporting startups innovating for the masses, announced that it has now raised over USD $4 million from 16 high net income Indian investors in its Indian rupee fund. Additionally, Unitus Seed Fund announced that leading Seattle area tech executives, including Steve Singh, Diego Piacentini, and Bill Gates have invested in Unitus Seed Fund’s affiliated offshore venture fund. Unitus Seed Fund has more than $20M USD to invest across healthcare, education, mobile commerce & value-added services, marketplaces & e-commerce, retail & distribution, agriculture, water and energy sectors. Unitus has already announced 14 investments in India.

As noted in the September 2014 G8 report on impact investing “…the most common obstacle faced by impact entrepreneurs is securing early stage risk capital.” Unitus Seed Fund and its leadership investors aim to address this challenge through their own work and by encouraging HNI investors to embrace impact more broadly.

“Impact investing is a powerful model with the potential to build markets and drive change for the people who need it most,” said Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft and co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. (Bill Gates’ investment is a personal one and not associated with his foundation’s work.)

“I have invested in Unitus Seed Fund because I believe that Indian entrepreneurs are uniquely positioned to field profitable and scalable solutions that unlock opportunity for the masses in India”, said Desh Deshpande, chairman of Tejas Networks. “The Unitus Group has a track record of finding and supporting the best entrepreneurs who are building impact businesses serving the base of the economic pyramid in India, and making good money at the same time. I hope others will join me in investing in impact funds from Unitus Group and other innovative managers.”

Unitus invests in India through two investment funds: Unitus Seed Fund India, a Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)-registered venture capital fund, and Unitus Seed Fund, LP an offshore venture capital fund.

More than 50 leadership investors have committed to Unitus’ offshore India-focused fund, including Bill Gates (Microsoft, Gates Foundation), Desh Deshpande (formerly Sycamore Networks), Romesh Wadhwani (Symphony TG), Vinod Khosla (Khosla Ventures), Steve Singh (Cleartrip, Concur) Soma Somasegar (Microsoft), Dilip Wagle (McKinsey), Geeta Aiyer (Boston Common), Kamesh Aiyer, Pradeep Singh (Aditi), Bharat Shah (Microsoft), Anoop Gupta (Microsoft), Nagesh Pabbisetty (Microsoft), Prady Misra, Vikram Chalana (Winshuttle). A number of leading foundations have also invested, including Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Crystal Springs Foundation, Pfizer Foundation, Sorenson Impact Foundation, and others.

New investors in Unitus Seed Fund India include Srikanth Iyer (former CEO of Pearson India), Sharvil Parikh (Phenix Consulting), Kishore Musale (Astarc Group), Jacob Ninan (Kottackal Business Solutions), Aroon Raman (Raman FibreScience). Unitus is currently accepting inquiries from other HNI Indian nationals wishing to participate in the growth of startup businesses.

“We are very pleased to announce our growing group of Indian HNI investors who see the opportunity to invest in innovative high-growth startups serving the masses in India”, said Srikrishna Ramamoorthy, Partner of Unitus Seed Fund. “We are finding a large number of high-quality entrepreneurs in India who are creating disruptive businesses that can deliver superior financial returns to investors while improving the lives of millions of India’s low-income populations.”

Unitus’ fund is open to receive investments from Indian national investors only, until December 2014.

The new investors have joined with founding investors in Unitus Seed Fund India including T.V. Mohandas Pai (Formerly Infosys CFO), Dr. Ranjan Pai (CEO of Manipal Education and Medical Group), Hemendra Kothari (DSP Blackrock), Pramod Saxena (CEO of Oxigen), Hema Hattangady (Conzerv/Schneider), Ananda Kallugadde (Neobytes), Rajeev Bakshi (METRO Cash & Carry), and Ravi Venkatesan (Infosys, Microsoft, Cummins), and other entrepreneurs and business luminaries, listed here.

The G8 report goes on to say “…there is growing recognition that markets and the private sector must play a more significant role if we are to solve or at least make a dent in addressing some of the greatest challenges facing developing countries worldwide.” The 65 leadership investors in Unitus Seed Fund are doing their part.

Offline Tabali_Tigi

14 Hours left in Phase 2!

Last chance to get cheap Cadastrals before they start the weekly 2% increase through Omni portal!

Cheers!

Chris

Offline Tabali_Tigi

Based on community response, we are running another Twitter campaign until the completion of Phase 2.  Each action earns 5 Cadastrals, and 5 winners will receive 2,000 Cadastrals each, limit one prize per person. 

Click the image to participate in the campaign!

Cheers!

Chris

Offline Tabali_Tigi

Ok thanks for your feedback. Good luck!! Let us know if you need more help from the community.

We need people spreading the word for us!  We can't tell anyone how awesome we think the project is without looking self-inflating and self absorbed, so it really has to be the community who talks up the project.  If you want to see the project succeed, let people know how much you think this project can change things.  You hear people talk about how much money DAO will make, or whatever, but Bitland is about making legitimate change and progress.  If you know people who are into change and progress, talk to them about Bitland.  While there is great potential for economic growth with Bitland, that is not the conversation we are trying to have. 

We just need support!

Cheers!

Chris

If you want community support, a share drop would go a long way even if it is only 5%.  Peer Plays is doing this.

We just did a twitter campaign, and 5 participants won 1,000 Cadastrals each.  In my experience, doing "giveaways" does nothing but deteriorate the value of a token as "giving it away" implies it is not worth anything.  During Twitter campaigns, participants are actually doing something to participate that is verified.  While I would love more community support, the token is much too valuable to just give them away, especially knowing that people will try to spam with multiple accounts.  I hope this makes sense, and like I said I would rather have less community support with a more valuable token, than more people cheering because they are getting free money, while the token deteriorates in value as people see others getting it for "nothing".

Cheers!

Chris

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Ok thanks for your feedback. Good luck!! Let us know if you need more help from the community.

We need people spreading the word for us!  We can't tell anyone how awesome we think the project is without looking self-inflating and self absorbed, so it really has to be the community who talks up the project.  If you want to see the project succeed, let people know how much you think this project can change things.  You hear people talk about how much money DAO will make, or whatever, but Bitland is about making legitimate change and progress.  If you know people who are into change and progress, talk to them about Bitland.  While there is great potential for economic growth with Bitland, that is not the conversation we are trying to have. 

We just need support!

Cheers!

Chris

If you want community support, a share drop would go a long way even if it is only 5%.  Peer Plays is doing this.

Offline Tabali_Tigi

We just need support!

Cheers!

Chris

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Tabali_Tigi

Are you actually planning to register the land on the Bitshares Blockchain? When are you planning to start?

Hello Chris,

That is the plan!

We are looking to have the pilot functioning within the next 6 months.  The team in Ghana has been taking titles and deeds, but obviously we have not yet started the process of implementing them onto the Bitshares chain yet, as we will have to work with the OpenLedger team to make that happen in the near future.  I hope this answers your question!

Cheers!

Offline Tabali_Tigi

What happens to unsold coins? I've been looking for this information and been having hard time finding.

ty

Hello,

Coins unsold during phase 2 will be sold through Omni Layer at a weekly 2% increase.  Since the coin is capped, there is no reason to burn tokens, as tokens going back into the system at any point will be distributed over the next 99 years to coincide with the longest tenures of land in Ghana.

Cheers!

Chris

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Are you actually planning to register the land on the Bitshares Blockchain? When are you planning to start?
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline tehdos

What happens to unsold coins? I've been looking for this information and been having hard time finding.

ty

Offline Tabali_Tigi

@Tabali_Tigi  :Thanks for your input in Africa and the links, Chris. I definitely support you. hoping to see Bitland in Namibia soon too. Doing my share to spread the news here already via FB.

Once we earn the 25 Cadastrals, how do we get them into our OL wallets?

We will send out an e-mail after the end of Phase 2 with instructions for people to receive their Cadastrals.

Thanks for your support!

Cheers!

Chris

Offline hdup

• View Profile
@Tabali_Tigi  :Thanks for your input in Africa and the links, Chris. I definitely support you. hoping to see Bitland in Namibia soon too. Doing my share to spread the news here already via FB.

Once we earn the 25 Cadastrals, how do we get them into our OL wallets?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:14:00 pm by hdup »

Offline Tabali_Tigi

Earn 50 Cadastrals with 5 easy tasks on Twitter!

It takes about a minute to complete:

http://www.bitland.world/poa/

Cheers!

Chris