Author Topic: Bitshares release speculation.  (Read 7429 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
To "maximize shareholder value in the short term" it is extremely important to get *something* out right before or in the middle of the next big Bitcoin or "Bitcoin 2.0" buzz. The importance of this should be stressed by having a marketing strategy that can be implemented at the drop of a hat whenever the next Bitcoin tsunami approaches.

Consider the Digitalcoin developer (Baritus) who had been planning an exchange (CryptoAve) for months before this bubble. If he had got out a good prototype right before or smack in the bubble then Digitalcoin (as well as Argentum and Securecoin) could easily have been 10x what they are now, and his funds for further development would be 10x.

Timing is everything.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It's called BEX and BEXShares now by the way
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
Based on this I would love to see  a weekly speculative release date and progress so we can get an idea of the value of AGS / PTS / BTC. Simply if today everything points to March release then I should continue putting PTS each day, but if then is July i would reduce the donation of  PTS. Probably a safer bet is to hold PTS (we all know how software projects get delayed) and invest AGS in BTC win / win. What do you think?

This is a great idea. It would drive interest as users speculate amongst one another. Although Invictus cannot tell us a definitive release, we can all gather an estimate. I will be focused in other areas from appx Jan 12th to 20th. I expect to be offline during this period.

I will be unable to conduct updates/future polls until after 20th, although I expect this poll will suffice and give an accurate market consensus. It would be more difficult to generate a long term trend from weekly updates?

Offline bytemaster

The release date could be affected by what the minimal viable product (MVP) could be.   Obviously creating and implementing a blockchain and centralized validation with command line wallet / trading system would be the MVP that could enable successful trading on the network.   Then Ripple style consensus, Qt GUI, Web Wallets, could be added after this MVP.   

Some may claim that a "centralized" command line system is not what was promised, on the other hand it could be a valuable stepping stone toward a full system that would maximize shareholder value in the short term and allow speculation on real BTS while we build out the rest of the infrastructure.   

So release date is really subject to whether we need a full Qt GUI to launch.   What are your thoughts?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline betax

• View Profile
Based on this I would love to see  a weekly speculative release date and progress so we can get an idea of the value of AGS / PTS / BTC. Simply if today everything points to March release then I should continue putting PTS each day, but if then is July i would reduce the donation of  PTS. Probably a safer bet is to hold PTS (we all know how software projects get delayed) and invest AGS in BTC win / win. What do you think?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
If you would like a better predictor on when the market thinks we will release BitShares then you should look at the AGS price.   Suppose we were to release BitShares in February there would only be 500K AGS while almost 1.5 M PTS and thus AGS would be 3x more valuable than BTS.   

On the other hand, suppose we were to release BitShares in July, there would be 2M AGS and less than 2 M PTS and thus PTS would be worth more than AGS.

Based upon the current exchange rates it seems the market is predicting a much later release because if we manage to pull off a February release then those investing in AGS today will get a 6x return over those who hold PTS.   Something to think about.
If you would like a better predictor on when the market thinks we will release BitShares then you should look at the AGS price.   Suppose we were to release BitShares in February there would only be 500K AGS while almost 1.5 M PTS and thus AGS would be 3x more valuable than BTS.   

On the other hand, suppose we were to release BitShares in July, there would be 2M AGS and less than 2 M PTS and thus PTS would be worth more than AGS.

Based upon the current exchange rates it seems the market is predicting a much later release because if we manage to pull off a February release then those investing in AGS today will get a 6x return over those who hold PTS.   Something to think about.

Thank you Bytemaster,

It is always a pleasure.

Personally, I think we will see a release earlier than the market is anticipating. Although Invictus have a good idea, it is exciting for small players such as myself to speculate without ulterior motive. The purpose of AGS was to reward investors that sacrificed PTS/BTC liquidity-those in for the long run.We are angels after all  :D. Invictus has a habit of rewarding those who support it. PTS/BTC donations directly funds BTS through the angelshare addresses.

My opinion,

AGS will hold a higher BTS ratio than PTS.

The release of BTS launch date may skyrocket PTS/AGS value as investors scramble in the two week bidding war to accumulate PTS/AGS.
I think Proto/angelshares are undervalued- and I'm loving it.

I can only speculate and I must state- "These are only my thoughts. Not intended to be investment advice."

My guess is for march. Locked in!

P.S. I reset the vote so people can choose from
FEB
MAR
APR
MAY

Those that voted, please recast. 

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
You mean edit? I think before may as early??

Offline betax

• View Profile
I  will like to see alpha or pre alpha :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline testz

With things heating up in the crypto-world, do you think an early release is planned?

If you post the poll please clarify what do you mean under early release, release at April, release at February or release at May?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:08:53 pm by testz »

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
With things heating up in the crypto-world, do you think an early release is planned?