Author Topic: Proposal for Angelshares Investment in a DAC Trading Platform  (Read 24142 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline domsch

• View Profile
Any updates on this?  I would like to offer to help where I can.  This would be a good place to offer to interview you and propagate this message to a broader audience. 

It could also be used by you to recruit talent/set bounties (if this would be helpful).

Sorry for not keeping you guys up to date! I've been doing a lot of work behind the curtains and we were able to raise a financing round from an investor. This is going to allow us to build the MVP and work on the legal side more consistently and precisely.

I am definitely looking for help from the community. I will create a thread today and provide a list of skillsets we're looking at. But we're basically open to anyone and want this to be a community project.

Offline fuzzy

Any updates on this?  I would like to offer to help where I can.  This would be a good place to offer to interview you and propagate this message to a broader audience. 

It could also be used by you to recruit talent/set bounties (if this would be helpful). 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Get Fiat <-> PTS up as quickly as possible, and publicize the site by promising support of and helping to explain the new DACs market; that way you can ride on the Invictus community and the Invictus promotion wave that is coming (now) to gain exposure. Team up with buypts.com? Gogo MVP. /2cents

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
we need this License, but no now ,  the most important thing now is to develop BTS, I think
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
To form an opinion on this it would be interesting to know about when the bitshares p2p exchange will come. It would make sense to combine the fiat/IOU exchange with the p2p exchange if  that is possible?

That is what this idea is all about. A P2P exchange platform in the form of a DAC will be built on top of this. Therefor our ideology of privacy and decentralization is not lost and we can simultaneously work on both models: Fiat is there for reaching the masses, the DAC is there for getting them deeper into the ecosystem and spread our intentions.

For all the other replies: I am going to work something out with an individual investors and will discuss this in detail with Dan how we will proceed once we have the platform launched and how we can use the AGS for a DAC-exchange. I will create a thread seeking help soon, but if anyone wants to join this please send me a private message with what you can help with!

Is it technically / by definition possible to have a completely decentralized p2p exchange for fiat/crypto?

i believe it is possible, eMunie is working on a decentralized fiat-->crypto exchange

But how? IOU money has to be stored on some bank account and there has to be someone that is responsible for it...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:34:43 am by delulo »

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
To form an opinion on this it would be interesting to know about when the bitshares p2p exchange will come. It would make sense to combine the fiat/IOU exchange with the p2p exchange if  that is possible?

That is what this idea is all about. A P2P exchange platform in the form of a DAC will be built on top of this. Therefor our ideology of privacy and decentralization is not lost and we can simultaneously work on both models: Fiat is there for reaching the masses, the DAC is there for getting them deeper into the ecosystem and spread our intentions.

For all the other replies: I am going to work something out with an individual investors and will discuss this in detail with Dan how we will proceed once we have the platform launched and how we can use the AGS for a DAC-exchange. I will create a thread seeking help soon, but if anyone wants to join this please send me a private message with what you can help with!

Is it technically / by definition possible to have a completely decentralized p2p exchange for fiat/crypto?

i believe it is possible, eMunie is working on a decentralized fiat-->crypto exchange

Offline Giga

• View Profile
Wow, this would be very good. The trouble to change from protoshare to BTC and then to USD is a pain.

Definitely it will help solve a lot of problems for those looking to direct invest usd-->proto without losing on transfer fees, exchange fees, etc

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline mav2000

• View Profile
Wow, this would be very good. The trouble to change from protoshare to BTC and then to USD is a pain.

Offline domsch

• View Profile
Domsch, how soon are you looking into deploying the exchange. Time is against us so I would assume an accelerated deployment process is part of the plan?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That is our plan. But usually plans never work out, so we need to improvise. I will try and get development started asap while working on the banking/licensing problem. But there is no set ETD right now.

Domsch, how soon are you looking into deploying the exchange. Time is against us so I would assume an accelerated deployment process is part of the plan?

That is our plan. But usually plans never work out, so we need to improvise. I will try and get development started asap while working on the banking/licensing problem. But there is no set ETD right now.

Great, thnx for the update. I'm glad ur taking on this project as it seems to me you've got the right vision in place. Wish you all the best and I'll keep watching this thread for updates.

Thank you! I will work out the details with Dan and then I will fully start and ask for more involvement from the community to help us with this!

So definitely stay tuned.

Offline Giga

• View Profile

Great, thnx for the update. I'm glad ur taking on this project as it seems to me you've got the right vision in place. Wish you all the best and I'll keep watching this thread for updates.

Offline domsch

• View Profile

Offline Giga

• View Profile

Offline hasher

• View Profile
Compliance is a noble goal, but it can't be achieved without the absence or sacrifice of worthy values.

Do not forget that we are talking about the establishment of disruptive technologies. It is interesting to see people feel it is possible to negotiate the legal and financial obstacles that are intended to block competitors. Compliance only lasts until an anointed agency changes the rules on you. You do not achieve escape velocity by following the rules but by rendering the rules moot. None of us would have heard of Bitcoin if success depended on the ability to negotiate regulatory hurdles. Bitcoin runs full speed around the hurdles because it values the ideals of liberty more than the blessings that come from kissing the ring of those that write the rules.

You are supposed to believe it is possible to disrupt established markets by playing by the rules, because otherwise you could not be stopped. The process uses your resources against you and ultimately helps your accepted master refine and enforce the rules by which you will comply. The vicious cycle ends when rules need to be made so oppressive (to restrain competition) that people finally reject the premise that they need to be ruled over. Positive change requires someone willing to avoid the obstacles to demonstrate what is possible. Freedom is when people act with knowledge that rule makers need you more than you need them and that the benefit of the rules is an illusion with fleeting value.

Sell your conformance if you think it will benefit, but mind the cost and be mindful of the bigger picture. It seems possible now that this dream started with an absence of worthy values and therefore nothing would be lost.
after deeply investigation of Bts concept i come to conclusion that this system not going to be disruptive, but complementary (may be wrong though).