Author Topic: Can i sell my BTS when the bitshares will be released after 2\28?  (Read 3465 times)

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
now, I have owned some PTS. though i think PTS will be more profitable than AGS in the long run, i still want to change them all into AGS.

I have made two assumptions and want to know if i can have a very big chance to make a profit by doing this.

First:  if everyday i sell some of my PTS, and then i use the money i get to buy some BTC. After that, I use BTC to invest in AGS. (it seems that using BTC to invest in AGS is more worthy than using PTS)

Second, when 2\28 comes, I will get many BTS. And then the price of PTS is going to fall down and i will sell some of my BTS. with the money i will get, i can buy some low-price PTS.
(it seems that 2\28, the BTS will be released and people can trade BTS?  plus, i suspect the price of PTS will decrease)

by doing this,  i can make more profit than holding my PTS without any move. Is this correct?

My view is that timely investments in AGS will give me about 5X more shares than PTS in BitsharesX and about 1.75 more shares in all future DACs.  If Invictus is successful, than donating PTS and BTC to get AGS will more than make up for the exchange.  I own 250 of each PTS and AGS.

Offline xxeyes

• View Profile
Can I sell my BTS when the bitshares will be released after 2\28?

The snapshot will be taken on 2/28, then early March we will launch the chain as soon assuming all goes according to plan.  At that point the BTS are yours to do as you like.   However, I would caution everyone that this is a test network so it should be valued accordingly.

Instead I would encourage everyone to speculate on chain with BitUSD.

Can you expand upon why you encourage everyone to speculate on chain with BitUSD?  I'm still trying to understand all of this.  What would be the benefit of doing so?

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
now, I have owned some PTS. though i think PTS will be more profitable than AGS in the long run, i still want to change them all into AGS.

I have made two assumptions and want to know if i can have a very big chance to make a profit by doing this.

First:  if everyday i sell some of my PTS, and then i use the money i get to buy some BTC. After that, I use BTC to invest in AGS. (it seems that using BTC to invest in AGS is more worthy than using PTS)

Second, when 2\28 comes, I will get many BTS. And then the price of PTS is going to fall down and i will sell some of my BTS. with the money i will get, i can buy some low-price PTS.
(it seems that 2\28, the BTS will be released and people can trade BTS?  plus, i suspect the price of PTS will decrease)

by doing this,  i can make more profit than holding my PTS without any move. Is this correct?

Why do you speculate pts wil be more than ags?  I assume both will be tradable and liquid at some point. 

Offline Anytime

• View Profile
 :) just some guess.

i really hope everything works well~ but in the last one month, the decrease of the price of PTS really makes me feel sad.  :'(

i think now using BTS to invest in AGS is more worthy than using PTS, so unless the price of BTS goes up rapidly, otherwise the price of PTS will not have a very big increase. 

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:28:22 am by Anytime »

Offline bytemaster

Check you assumptions... I don't think PTS will fall much after the 28th as only people betting that BitShares XT will be the one and final chain will be selling.   Instead what could happen is that PTS becomes more valuable as people see things start to work and people bet on future chains.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Anytime

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

The snapshot will be taken on 2/28, then early March we will launch the chain as soon assuming all goes according to plan.  At that point the BTS are yours to do as you like.   However, I would caution everyone that this is a test network so it should be valued accordingly.

Instead I would encourage everyone to speculate on chain with BitUSD.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
As soon as there's a live blockchain and client, no one here can stop you.

Offline Anytime

• View Profile