Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Chronos Crypto videos  (Read 31766 times)

Offline mranderson

@xeroc, do you?
I totally do!

Though I have some critiques on it:

* If you focus on OpenLedger, then Openledger should pay you.
* I would love to see (already in the very beginning) an explanation video that distinguishes BitShares from OpenLedger/FreedomLedger/MakerX(and whatever comes next). This is where we TOTALLY failed. People believe BitShares is owned bit OpenLedger.
* Then I would like to see more walk-throughs and don't think we need all the tech lectures just yet. Tell people how to do things, then tell people how it works later on. There is documentation (in text form) for this already, so I don't think we needs this just yet.

Go for it!
@xeroc  sums it up better than I ever could.
I approved your worker proposal.  Thanks for your effort!

Offline EstefanTT

The worker term is now complete.

Due to voting fluctuations, we collected a little under one month's pay during the worker period. With that funding, we produced the following videos:
  • Intro to Bitshares, where we take a brief overview of some of the key features that make Bitshares stand out from other blockchain technologies.
  • Buying Bitshares the Easy Way, where we quickly demonstrate one of the easiest way to buy Bitshares: using a bridge inside the online wallet.
  • Bitshares Inflation Rate, where we take an in-depth look at the inflation rate, or change in the supply, of the core Bitshares token.

This level of productivity is in line with the commitment put forward in the original proposal, making this worker a success.

Due to the positive feedback we've received from the community, we will consider a second term in order to continue to produce these educational and valuable videos. If you have any feedback, please let me know. I will put forward a proposal for a second term shortly.

Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.
You could use Steem to get in touch with the ppl that withdraw their bts to their wallet after the peerplay sharedrop announcement. They are probably not voting nor they know why or how they should.

That could boost your votes !

I'm voting for your videos, they are perfectly suited for the actual situation of BitShares. I'll probably use one of them on my Bittwenty website.

You have my votes (via my proxy : Xeroc)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline tehdos

I want to see some committee members actually make pages and show me what their voting for. Until then I'm doing my own vote.
you are probably asking PROXIES to do that .. and not committee-members .. are you? The committee doesn't vote on workers. If a member (like myself) is also a proxy, then they might have a forum thread to keep people updated (like me: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20792.new.html#new)

As for chronos' worker, I'd like to see more videos and will vote for another worker.
yes, proxy sorry & we need worker ideas too. I want to make a website hosting committe information, and proxy information. Mmaybe I Will start designing one on my days off for fun, because I want to start putting the spotlight on people making the moves here.

just saying
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 10:49:16 am by tehdos »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I want to see some committee members actually make pages and show me what their voting for. Until then I'm doing my own vote.
you are probably asking PROXIES to do that .. and not committee-members .. are you? The committee doesn't vote on workers. If a member (like myself) is also a proxy, then they might have a forum thread to keep people updated (like me: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20792.new.html#new)

As for chronos' worker, I'd like to see more videos and will vote for another worker.

Offline tehdos

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
You'll have my vote, but no idea what the voting landscape is now. A bunch of votes moved from exchanges to wallets because of the Peerplays sharedrop, but no idea if those holders will be voting or not.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Chronos

The worker term is now complete.

Due to voting fluctuations, we collected a little under one month's pay during the worker period. With that funding, we produced the following videos:
  • Intro to Bitshares, where we take a brief overview of some of the key features that make Bitshares stand out from other blockchain technologies.
  • Buying Bitshares the Easy Way, where we quickly demonstrate one of the easiest way to buy Bitshares: using a bridge inside the online wallet.
  • Bitshares Inflation Rate, where we take an in-depth look at the inflation rate, or change in the supply, of the core Bitshares token.

This level of productivity is in line with the commitment put forward in the original proposal, making this worker a success.

Due to the positive feedback we've received from the community, we will consider a second term in order to continue to produce these educational and valuable videos. If you have any feedback, please let me know. I will put forward a proposal for a second term shortly.

Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:44:09 am by Chronos »

Offline Chronos

Update: the worker proposal has remained below the support threshold since the release of the last video, so work is still on hold. Future videos are still dependent on funding.

We received a request from a channel subscriber for a walkthrough on how to use the DEX. If you want to see this happen, talk to your local representative (proxy voter).  :) We don't have much time, as the worker is slated to expire at the end of the month. Thanks!

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
Update: as you've probably already seen, the next video has been launched, Buying Bitshares the Easy Way. Video production is again temporarily on hold, as the worker is just under the threshold from being funded, at the time of this writing.

Open to any feedback. Thanks for your support!

I like the videos so I voted on the worker proposal!
It was quite easy to do. No big deal.

Offline Chronos

Update: as you've probably already seen, the next video has been launched, Buying Bitshares the Easy Way. Video production is again temporarily on hold, as the worker is just under the threshold from being funded, at the time of this writing.

Open to any feedback. Thanks for your support!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
We're getting a lot of emails about how to use the new deposit/withdrawal pages, especially from new Steem users. All the current videos for this process are out of date I think, because of changes to the UI. Any chance you could get out a quick video on this subject?
That's exactly what's planned for this week! However, the worker just fell off the payroll again. Bitcoin volatility has nothing on BTS worker volatility!  :P

Fortunately, the proxy account that @bytemaster controls is enough to bring it solidly back into the green. Would you like to contact him and see if he'd like to support this work?

Thanks!
Finish it up this week anyways, and I'll make up the difference in Steem or bitshares, your preference.

I think we have an awesome opportunity to attract new Steem users to bitshares right now, and I don't want to waste the opportunity because of being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

+5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
We're getting a lot of emails about how to use the new deposit/withdrawal pages, especially from new Steem users. All the current videos for this process are out of date I think, because of changes to the UI. Any chance you could get out a quick video on this subject?
That's exactly what's planned for this week! However, the worker just fell off the payroll again. Bitcoin volatility has nothing on BTS worker volatility!  :P

Fortunately, the proxy account that @bytemaster controls is enough to bring it solidly back into the green. Would you like to contact him and see if he'd like to support this work?

Thanks!
Finish it up this week anyways, and I'll make up the difference in Steem or bitshares, your preference.

I think we have an awesome opportunity to attract new Steem users to bitshares right now, and I don't want to waste the opportunity because of being penny-wise and pound-foolish.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:55:47 pm by dannotestein »

Offline Chronos

Thanks!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Update: the worker has been voted back in. You can expect the next video, Buying Bitshares the Easy Way, to be published this week.

Thank you for your support!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Update: the worker has been voted back in. You can expect the next video, Buying Bitshares the Easy Way, to be published this week.

+5%

Offline Chronos

Offline Chronos

Good news: with recent market movements, this worker proposal is within striking distance of being voted back in! Based on current data at http://cryptofresh.com/workers, it's less than 7.5 million BTS away from action. There are a few new accounts bubbling to the top of the Voting Report, so if you know of anyone who might be interested in new Chronos Bitshares videos, be sure to spread the word.

Thanks!

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Bitshares performance is too poor, must be cut off all workers.When the  BTS is 0.0001btc ,we can vote more workers in .We need learn from peercoin nxt litecoin .

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

What about if we learn from Dash?
Follow in Ronny Boesing and Kencode ,waiting bull market。 Dash XEM ETH 's community structureare is different from BTS ,because some rules change we lost the banker's trust 。
In the encrypted currency community ,why Bitshares   was considered a liar?
Now BTS is in 18 in  http://coinmarketcap.com/ .If more workers or BM back ,BTS will be in 30 .
We need all kinds of app ,such Ronny Boesing and Kencode's work .The apps are self financing.Then the  Bitshares ecosystem will be healthy.

That isn't the impression I am getting from new people who come to Bitshares. Take a look at someone who was introduced to Bitshares through Peerplays and how they reacted to what they saw here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1462351.msg15327352#msg15327352

Overall, it was the lack of any visible work on the blockchain that made them exit. If you look further down the thread, Dan explained the various things going on trying to counter what they saw as a blockchain without a dev team anymore.

If you look at the way things have happened, it is also easy to say, that since BM has left, and it has become clear to most that getting more work done on bitshares won't happen because of lack of voter support, that is why we have fallen down in our market cap... people have left the project because they seen no hope of it being able to grow as a result. <<< This could also be a similar conclusion.

Which one is right?

our marketcap has not fallen down more than when workers and delegates were in play .
it's other coins (like STEEM) that has risen with it's weird scheme .

in  fact , i just brought several million BTS more , the same BTS that you deem "can not rise in marketcap without workers" .
so i guess time will tell who's right after all .

Great you are buying BTS!

I just was giving a real world example of what happened when a newcomer came to Bitshares and what they saw in contrast to internal ideas from existing members/supporters.

Hasn't it always been an ongoing issue here where we just didn't listen to what the market was telling us? Here is your prospective investor telling you what he saw and how it lead him to want to leave... like not even wait and see.. LEAVE.

i wonder why you did ICO with peerplay . if you trust the power of dilution so much ....why not just do a worker scheme and add value to the system by "developing features" ? then you'll have "increased marketcap" because you did great works . You don't need real money via ICO , you just need the powerful dilution scheme ...

in fact , this was the same advice that BM have stressed for a long time , NO ICOs . Dilution is more sustainable .  ;)
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Bitshares performance is too poor, must be cut off all workers.When the  BTS is 0.0001btc ,we can vote more workers in .We need learn from peercoin nxt litecoin .

Follow in Ronny Boesing and Kencode ,waiting bull market。 Dash XEM ETH 's community structureare is different from BTS ,because some rules change we lost the banker's trust 。
Now BTS is in 18 in  http://coinmarketcap.com/ .If more workers or BM back ,BTS will be in 30 .
We need all kinds of app ,such Ronny Boesing and Kencode's work .The apps are self financing.Then the  Bitshares ecosystem will be healthy.

That isn't the impression I am getting from new people who come to Bitshares. Take a look at someone who was introduced to Bitshares through Peerplays and how they reacted to what they saw here:

Overall, it was the lack of any visible work on the blockchain that made them exit. If you look further down the thread, Dan explained the various things going on trying to counter what they saw as a blockchain without a dev team anymore.

If you look at the way things have happened, it is also easy to say, that since BM has left, and it has become clear to most that getting more work done on bitshares won't happen because of lack of voter support, that is why we have fallen down in our market cap... people have left the project because they seen no hope of it being able to grow as a result. <<< This could also be a similar conclusion.

Which one is right?

our marketcap has not fallen down more than when workers and delegates were in play .

in  fact , i just brought several million BTS more , the same BTS that you deem "can not rise in marketcap without workers" .

Great you are buying BTS!

I just was giving a real world example of what happened when a newcomer came to Bitshares and what they saw in contrast to internal ideas from existing members/supporters.

Hasn't it always been an ongoing issue here where we just didn't listen to what the market was telling us? Here is your prospective investor telling you what he saw and how it lead him to want to leave... like not even wait and see.. LEAVE.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Which one is right?

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
We have to come down, take easy.....

Take a look at the whole alt scene......there is no magic here.......no dumb people.

Certainly people that say that bitshares isnt going anywhere dont know what they are talking about

We have 3 workers in town for maintenance, we have strong community, just yesterday I got 5 new tutorial n 1 news to shares from blocktrades.

Bitshares has a ready to go product that just need some tweak n improvement n adoption

Bitshares is widely traded

Bitshares has a bargain price to get on board

If price aprreciation goes anything near to what happened to xem  n have support from orderbooks bitshares can fund any new invention, can fund marketing canpaing, conferences, anything.....

People that dont know btshares forgot that we have most original contributors on board

Bitshares is a complex universe,  but when I see a topic in bitcointalk people talk most coins are a scam but hardly I see bitshares in this list...

People in  reality admire that bitshares became a product that works,  but a lot of speculator prefer things that not ready to so, so they can speculate how things will unfold, n most wont delivery n dump is done hard.

Be patience, bitshares is in the right path, some volatility at these level shoul not be a concern, just take a look a xem, I do not expect anything less from bitshares but I would like higher low year by year so I can stay for the long run n see dex with great volume in smartasset projects using graphene all around integrating their chain in a trully decentrilized bitshars graphene ecosystem just plug n play n issuing n trading their assets without counterparty risk in dex.
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Which one is right?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile

Follow in Ronny Boesing and kenCode ,waiting bull market。 Dash XEM ETH 's community structureare is different from BTS ,because some rules change we lost the banker's trust 。
We need all kinds of app ,such Ronny Boesing and kenCode's work .The apps are self financing.Then the  Bitshares ecosystem will be healthy.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:23:24 am by ebit »

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile

If the workers love Bitshares , they can work for others ,and earn money buy BTS.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:37:38 am by ebit »

Offline script

• View Profile
  • BitShares: script
all this time i did not press publish changes (faceplam)
voted yes for chronos videos
democracy on theblockchain = awesome :)

can you do a tut for Prediction Markets
this is ok https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENxBmyswSuo <3 Amanda
but can be done better

Offline yvv

• View Profile

i didn't need a video to use paypal. maybe that's the problem . it's not the issue with the video , it's the fact that we even need them in the first place.

That's a price of decentralization. User problems which are solved by customer support in paypal are solved through worker proposals in DEX.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Obviously there's disagreement on the value of these videos, but I think for the price we're paying they are a reasonable deal. We really need more of this type of video material, not necessarily to attract new users, but just to educate them once they are here. There's a substantial group of people that are much more likely to watch a few videos than will scavenge thru a forum or post a bunch of questions (that we'll then be forced to answer over and over again). As it stands now, I'm sure we lose a bunch of these new users due to difficulties of learning the platform, and that's an expensive loss.

On a related-note, I'd like to encourage everyone to do a search on youtube and "watch" any decent video on bitshares they can find there. The reason is simple: views are a relative measure of the popularity of a video (and the topic it covers). The more views they get, the more likely other people are to watch the video, since people are more likely to watch something that's popular. It's just human nature.

i didn't need a video to use paypal. maybe that's the problem . it's not the issue with the video , it's the fact that we even need them in the first place.
I suspect you're considerably more versed in computer usage than the "average computer user". I know lots of people who need either direct assistance or at least a video tutorial to learn how to use paypal.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Obviously there's disagreement on the value of these videos, but I think for the price we're paying they are a reasonable deal. We really need more of this type of video material, not necessarily to attract new users, but just to educate them once they are here. There's a substantial group of people that are much more likely to watch a few videos than will scavenge thru a forum or post a bunch of questions (that we'll then be forced to answer over and over again). As it stands now, I'm sure we lose a bunch of these new users due to difficulties of learning the platform, and that's an expensive loss.

On a related-note, I'd like to encourage everyone to do a search on youtube and "watch" any decent video on bitshares they can find there. The reason is simple: views are a relative measure of the popularity of a video (and the topic it covers). The more views they get, the more likely other people are to watch the video, since people are more likely to watch something that's popular. It's just human nature.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Note that if @bytemaster supported the worker with his 33 proxy followers, the worker would again be funded. Perhaps if you're able connect with him, he might wish to cast his vote and get this ball rolling again. I haven't been able to reach him recently on these forums.

Thanks!
I haven't talked with Dan recently since they relocated to their new office a couple of weeks ago (they were temporarily renting out some space from me for a few months at startup). But he should be pretty easy to reach as "dan" on steem.slack.com. Heck, you can probably make a post on steemit requesting votes for your proposal. He's pretty active there.

Offline Chronos

Note that if @bytemaster supported the worker with his 33 proxy followers, the worker would again be funded. Perhaps if you're able connect with him, he might wish to cast his vote and get this ball rolling again. I haven't been able to reach him recently on these forums.

Thanks!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:33:38 pm by dannotestein »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
A few thoughts:

First, if you don't want to fund the worker for now, that's fine, and I'm not offended. I think it's clear what kind of product I'm offering, so it's up to the community to decide if they want to purchase it or not.

I personally believe the worker provides great value for Bitshares, because the videos will last a long time, and the overall dilution effect is very low. Just think: any time in the future, we would have a professional video for when someone shows up and asks questions like, "How do I buy BTS?" or "How do I secure my wallet?"

Lastly, no offense, but I wouldn't do this work for Steem dollars. I don't trust their value, which is probably the same reason you'd rather use them for payment.  :)

Thanks for the good conversation.

Does this mean you will no longer pursue fulfilling or attempting to market your product that you are selling to the network?

The good conversation ender sounded like you are just packing up and leaving.
I didn't take it that way, especially as he has already said: "I'll be able to put out one more video at the most with what remains of the pay. Let's not let this be the end."

Offline Chronos

So far, the intro video has been produced, and I was working on a second one (how to buy BTS, bridges vs gateways) when the worker went unfunded. I'm certainly not packing up and leaving, but with the worker unfunded, the plan for future videos is in jeopardy.

I don't want to annoy people with more "Vote for Chronos!" posts and messages, because most stakeholders have already made up their minds about whether or not they'd like to vote for the worker. In a way, the ball is now in the community's court. If you, as a community, want to see these videos happen, you'll need to find a way to fund the worker.

Here's a breakdown of which key members and proxies could sway the vote. Feel free to start conversations with some of these members, encouraging them to cast their vote. (I already have. :) )

A few thoughts:

First, if you don't want to fund the worker for now, that's fine, and I'm not offended. I think it's clear what kind of product I'm offering, so it's up to the community to decide if they want to purchase it or not.

I personally believe the worker provides great value for Bitshares, because the videos will last a long time, and the overall dilution effect is very low. Just think: any time in the future, we would have a professional video for when someone shows up and asks questions like, "How do I buy BTS?" or "How do I secure my wallet?"

Lastly, no offense, but I wouldn't do this work for Steem dollars. I don't trust their value, which is probably the same reason you'd rather use them for payment.  :)

Does this mean you will no longer pursue fulfilling or attempting to market your product that you are selling to the network?

The good conversation ender sounded like you are just packing up and leaving.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Chronos

A few thoughts:

Offline yvv

• View Profile
It seems that these videos target wrong audience. I bet the majority of those who watched them are bitshares addicts, and those few who did not know about bitshares before watching these videos did not understand a crap. This does not mean that the worker should not be paid for his work which he already did.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I think the problem is that Chronos still hasn't updated the video where he says "distributed proof of stake".
The video is very good otherwise and I think its a great explainer.  I disagree that it is boring.  The videos should be added to the bitshares website.  That would drive more traffic.  Just because there are few views now doesn't mean it is a bad video.  It just hasn't been promoted and utilized.
Once again: I appreciate hard work (i know it is).
From my outsider perspective it looks like a job for a buddy. I'm just saying what i think and how i feel about this. I'm sure many potential investors lurking this forum and some of them seeing this same as me. I think you're giving blockchain's money to easy. Things like this could be founded via steemit.
It is boring... like a lesson... bla bla bla bla bla - most people hate to learn  - they will not watch this.

I wouldn't attempt to fund anything via steemit until later this year and especially after we see how the July 4th thing goes.

Also, something just doesn't seem right that people are getting paid thousands of dollars to post on a forum and get upvotes.  I've been looking through many of the articles, and none of them are worth what they are being posted as.  Maybe i'm wrong, but I would rather wait to see if steemit is actually legit.  I know it says you are getting paid in dollars, but in actuality it is steem dollars.  The liquidity and ability to convert those to real dollars remains to be seen.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
I think the problem is that Chronos still hasn't updated the video where he says "distributed proof of stake".
The video is very good otherwise and I think its a great explainer.  I disagree that it is boring.  The videos should be added to the bitshares website.  That would drive more traffic.  Just because there are few views now doesn't mean it is a bad video.  It just hasn't been promoted and utilized.
Once again: I appreciate hard work (i know it is).
From my outsider perspective it looks like a job for a buddy. I'm just saying what i think and how i feel about this. I'm sure many potential investors lurking this forum and some of them seeing this same as me. I think you're giving blockchain's money to easy. Things like this could be founded via steemit.
It is boring... like a lesson... bla bla bla bla bla - most people hate to learn  - they will not watch this.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I respect chronos, but my opinion is....

the system is fair for me, but you have to delivery a very good thing, if you are going for a worker you must be up to it, it must be pretty good, pretty clear n pretty needed.

I dont wnat to make a fight here but I must be honest, his video, audience n promotion wasnt worth it, at least I hope he got back what he pay for create worker, if not we could tweak it so he can get back it but the job wont take us anywhere, a lot of this videos on youtube. Chronos is a helpful member here I hope he dont be mad with me  :-[

Offline Pheonike

I think instead of worker voting being constantly dynamic, there should be time frames build into the vote. A proposal is is made with fixed terms for example, A 90 day proposal could have two re-vote cycles, one at 30 days and one at 60 days. At each of these intervals there is a 3 day window in which in votes can be changed. This lets worker have the confidence of knowing his pay is good over a certain time frame. The escrow functions describe earlier can still be applied.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Apreciate hard work, but i don't like it - it's boring and you have not many views. My proxy (xeroc) voted at you, so whatever, but i'm angry because this worker. I'm voting up everything bitshares related at steemit (even if i don't like it)
Pay devs with skills

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Apreciate hard work, but i don't like it - it's boring and you have not many views. My proxy (xeroc) voted at you, so whatever, but i'm angry because this worker. I'm voting up everything bitshares related at steemit (even if i don't like it)
Pay devs with skills

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Well, that's a bit of a setback, eh? A large voter has stopped supporting the worker with his 21 proxy followers, and now the worker is sharply under the threshold to receive worker pay.

Anyone have any ideas to get this jump-started again? I'll be able to put out one more video at the most with what remains of the pay. Let's not let this be the end.

One trick would be to vote down the refund and burn workers, until they're below the Chronos worker. This wouldn't have any other side-effects with the current worker line-up (except for the bad taste of vote manipulation).

This is why I think Workers should have term support. This kind of voter support volatility doesn't work well for you does it?

I think the way around this is to have proposals that payout to a multi-sig and have a 3rd party escrow who verifies the delivery of services that requires both yours, his, and possibly a committee members signature to release the funds.

It's important though that it is someone or a company that is reliable however. We have seen someone in the past attempt to do this only to have the other party just up and disappear. This might be solved by making the standard to be everyone be doxxable. It is unreasonable to expect anonymity when providing services in my estimation.

Under these provisions I think once voted the contract will complete and cannot be reversed with downvotes.. and any unused bts will be refunded to the pool or burned.

Thoughts?

+5% I like this idea. @Chris4210 @xeroc @abit @Bhuz
what do you guys think?
www.PalmPay.chat

Well, that's a bit of a setback, eh? A large voter has stopped supporting the worker with his 21 proxy followers, and now the worker is sharply under the threshold to receive worker pay.

Anyone have any ideas to get this jump-started again? I'll be able to put out one more video at the most with what remains of the pay. Let's not let this be the end.

One trick would be to vote down the refund and burn workers, until they're below the Chronos worker. This wouldn't have any other side-effects with the current worker line-up (except for the bad taste of vote manipulation).

This is why I think Workers should have term support. This kind of voter support volatility doesn't work well for you does it?

I think the way around this is to have proposals that payout to a multi-sig and have a 3rd party escrow who verifies the delivery of services that requires both yours, his, and possibly a committee members signature to release the funds.

It's important though that it is someone or a company that is reliable however. We have seen someone in the past attempt to do this only to have the other party just up and disappear. This might be solved by making the standard to be everyone be doxxable. It is unreasonable to expect anonymity when providing services in my estimation.

Under these provisions I think once voted the contract will complete and cannot be reversed with downvotes.. and any unused bts will be refunded to the pool or burned.

Thoughts?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Post your video on Steemit and put a few paragraphs effort into introducing yourself and the video. $1000+

It will also give you the attention of some large BTS holders who might help you out.

All the best.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:47:15 am by CLains »

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
You have my support on that!
I've just disconnect my proxy and vote for You.

Offline Chronos

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:16:51 am by Chronos »

Offline Chronos

Why in your video DPOS stands for "Distributed Proof of Stake" ??????
Good catch! That was an oversight on my part. I'll be sure to use the correct term for the in-depth video on DPoS and the Bitshares witness mechanism.

The next video will be a walkthrough on how to create and secure a new Bitshares account using the web-based wallet software.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:31:37 pm by Chronos »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Why in your video DPOS stands for "Distributed Proof of Stake" ??????

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank you all for your support. The first video has been released, highlighting some of the key features that make Bitshares stand out from other blockchain technologies.

Watch it now: Intro to Bitshares

Great work!
Upvoted on YT & Tweeted: https://twitter.com/kenCode_de/status/739362567693422592
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Chronos

Thank you all for your support. The first video has been released, highlighting some of the key features that make Bitshares stand out from other blockchain technologies.

Watch it now: Intro to Bitshares

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
It's nice to see that the community has recognized the value of the worker and pushed it in the green zone !

Nicely done Chronos !

It seems the anti-dilution crowd has lost some significant support ..
Well, that's an amazing news ! The very purpose of the reserve pool is allow us to move forward when needed, this chinese movment was scary !
BitShares need to keep evolving and keep its edge until we are recognize for our true value.

It's gonna be an interesting summer with the videos of Chronos coming soon, all the projects of Kencode evolving fast, bunkerchainlabs related projects, maybe Altcap or Bit20 taking off and bringing some volume on the dex, ... and at the end of the summer, the end of the merger dilution.

Priorities, roadmap, professional level, ok the money is there, but who is going to catch the falling knifes at the orderbook?

What is priorities? I think bring revenue. How we are going to do that? What is priority to reach revenue?
Bitshares do not need to be fancy, it has to fullfill some need n gather som.e money from it.

Offline EstefanTT

It's nice to see that the community has recognized the value of the worker and pushed it in the green zone !

Nicely done Chronos !

Well, that's an amazing news ! The very purpose of the reserve pool is allow us to move forward when needed, this chinese movment was scary !
BitShares need to keep evolving and keep its edge until we are recognize for our true value.

It's gonna be an interesting summer with the videos of Chronos coming soon, all the projects of Kencode evolving fast, bunkerchainlabs related projects, maybe Altcap or Bit20 taking off and bringing some volume on the dex, ... and at the end of the summer, the end of the merger dilution.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Nicely done Chronos !

Offline EstefanTT

Nicely done Chronos !

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Good news. This worker was voted in, just in time for work to begin! Thank you so much for your support. See http://cryptofresh.com/workers.

At the time of this writing, it is just 200k BTS over the threshold to be active. We still need your votes. Being hired and fired every other day could be bad for my blood pressure.  :P

ConGratulations! That's the first worker since a couple of weeks! I am looking forward to your work.
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Chronos

Good news. This worker was voted in, just in time for work to begin! Thank you so much for your support. See http://cryptofresh.com/workers.

At the time of this writing, it is just 200k BTS over the threshold to be active. We still need your votes. Being hired and fired every other day could be bad for my blood pressure.  :P

Offline Chronos

@fav Good question. The channel currently has 436 subscribers. Average daily views is dependent on when new content is produced, so here's a better metric: in the last 90 days, the channel has had 9788 views, which is an average of 109 views per day.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
OP: do you know the referral program which is built inside BitShares and how to use it? It can probably bring you more income if used in the videos.

The referral program sounds good on paper, but after the fees were adjusted it has become pretty much worthless. The top two leading referrers have ~1,600 referred accounts between them and less than a few thousand bts vesting (referral income) each.

have to agree. referral program is worthless as it is now.

but anyways to OP:

> Well known

I wouldn't call 400 subs an 77 daily average views well known. do you have any insight stats other than I got from social blade?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@xeroc, do you?
I totally do!

* I would love to see (already in the very beginning) an explanation video that distinguishes BitShares from OpenLedger/FreedomLedger/MakerX(and whatever comes next). This is where we TOTALLY failed. People believe BitShares is owned bit OpenLedger.
* Then I would like to see more walk-throughs and don't think we need all the tech lectures just yet. Tell people how to do things, then tell people how it works later on. There is documentation (in text form) for this already, so I don't think we needs this just yet.

Go for it!

@Chronos now has the votes of everyone at BitShares Munich too :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
What can we do to bring some sense into LTM?
Restrict more ops to require LTM ... like `create_asset`, `create_withdraw_permission` and stuff

Tweaking the fees is certainly a good way forward. However any fee that we increase would have consequences.  Those who wishes to create asset may no longer find it worth while to do so or that they may find a competitor chain cheaper and make more $ense.  IMHO, we do not want to go a similar path as  the 20-US-cent-transfer-fee.

We need to find a price point where we can bring in good revenue and attractive to LTM-buyers, and yet comfortable to our target market. ie the consumers are willing to pay.
We should certainly be careful about raising fees, but if prices for creating assets are too small, I think it's actually a weakness for our chain because of the extra  mess it creates in the assets view and is more likely to lead to asset name squatting. I think requiring a minimum investment of an LTM is a cheap requirement to create assets, and I doubt that anyone not willing to spend that amount (or basing their decision on what chain to use based on such a small amount) is likely to bring interesting assets to our market.

Also, I think we're hijacking Chrono's thread, so going to repost my last post:

@xeroc interesting idea. I think since the worker proposal can be voted out at any time, and the payment will vest for 30 days, shareholders are already well protected.

I've produced a video to introduce this worker proposal! Check it out: https://youtu.be/RYFmBVTJodY
I agree, Chronos, and the videos you've produced so far speak for the quality of your work. I wish I had seen a video like the one above the first time I voted: I was ready to file a bug report before I figured out the need to press the publish changes button.

For anyone who's not voted before and would like to vote for this proposal, I recommend watching the above video clip.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:44:07 am by dannotestein »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Restrict more ops to require LTM ... like `create_asset`, `create_withdraw_permission` and stuff

Tweaking the fees is certainly a good way forward. However any fee that we increase would have consequences.  Those who wishes to create asset may no longer find it worth while to do so or that they may find a competitor chain cheaper and make more $ense.  IMHO, we do not want to go a similar path as  the 20-US-cent-transfer-fee.

We need to find a price point where we can bring in good revenue and attractive to LTM-buyers, and yet comfortable to our target market. ie the consumers are willing to pay.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:26:22 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
@xeroc interesting idea. I think since the worker proposal can be voted out at any time, and the payment will vest for 30 days, shareholders are already well protected.

I've produced a video to introduce this worker proposal! Check it out: https://youtu.be/RYFmBVTJodY
I agree, Chronos, and the videos you've produced so far speak for the quality of your work. I wish I had seen a video like the one above the first time I voted: I was ready to file a bug report before I figured out the need to press the publish changes button.

For anyone who's not voted before and would like to vote for this proposal, I recommend watching the above video clip.

Offline Chronos

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:33:18 pm by Chronos »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@chronos .. you can probably convince more people to approve your worker if you added the committee-account to your worker account such that you need the commutees approval to claim your funds ..
that givea shareholders more confidence and influence but leaves you at the a NEED to produce good content that also satisfies the committee account ..

Just a thought though ..

Offline Chronos

Alright, thank you everyone for your feedback! Due to the strong community support, we are moving forward with the worker. I am also putting forward a witness node for your consideration, to help me understand the network from the inside out.

The worker will run for three months, from June 1 to Aug 31. This gives us about 10 days to get those votes in before the work begins.  I have integrated a 30-day vesting period to the worker funds.

Please support the chronos-youtube worker. http://cryptofresh.com/workers

Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:09:47 am by Chronos »

Offline Chronos

That's pretty brilliant. I was thinking that either fees had to rise (not such a good idea) or LTM cost had to fall (not such a good idea). "Create Asset" is a good candidate for an operation to require LTM.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Sounds like a good idea. Asset creation shouldn't be totally casual anyways.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline cube

• View Profile

With the drastically reduced fees, there is really no point to upgrade!!! The way I look at it, saving 80% on what is almost a free trade amounts to minimal savings. Spending a bunch of your capital to upgrade to LTM just doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.
That is the point.... now
"All it takes it so convince people to upgrade to LTM." ..when it makes no sense to do so!

Let's look at the future then.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
The referral program sounds good on paper, but after the fees were adjusted it has become pretty much worthless. The top two leading referrers have ~1,600 referred accounts between them and less than a few thousand bts vesting (referral income) each.
I disagree. All it takes it so convince people to upgrade to LTM. Once people see the value in LTM the referral program will be worth it.
All it takes it so convince people to upgrade to LTM.
In other words, all it takes is to convince people of something that is currently unlikely: that being an LTM will be long-term profitable because of fee savings and referral fees. I'd agree that the referral system probably isn't compelling for most people right now, if they understand the fee structure.

With the drastically reduced fees, there is really no point to upgrade!!! The way I look at it, saving 80% on what is almost a free trade amounts to minimal savings. Spending a bunch of your capital to upgrade to LTM just doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.
That is the point.... now
"All it takes it so convince people to upgrade to LTM." ..when it makes no sense to do so!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline mint chocolate chip

I disagree. All it takes it so convince people to upgrade to LTM. Once people see the value in LTM the referral program will be worth it.
In other words, all it takes is to convince people of something that is currently unlikely: that being an LTM will be long-term profitable because of fee savings and referral fees. I'd agree that the referral system probably isn't compelling for most people right now, if they understand the fee structure.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I not sure... N im new here if its cheap thats fjne
Using dex is simple understand bitshares is complicated.....people need to trade in dex n use smartcoins....so if people come n start trading more people will spread the word....it need to increase volume on smart coins....big player needed....this is the first dex functional......need to take advantage of being first like bitcoin was the first in his purpose.......more volume  will bring more people.......we need some big player n give them incentives make it the best for them so they will bring value.for bts n make the tool shine.....people will follow where the mo.ey is

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Assuming the community has the right to distribute the videos for promotional purposes, I/BlockTrades would vote for your worker.
I'd prefer the videos stay on the Chronos Crypto channel, but any hotlinking or embedding would be fine. Is that the kind of distributing you had in mind?
I don't mind normally using links, but my concern is that you or youtube could always remove those videos at any time. Would you be willing to give the community the source videos in the unlikely case they are no longer accessible via your youtube account for some reason?
That's a valid concern. I'd be happy to make the .mp4 video files temporarily available to the community as a backup, provided that they are not posted or distributed outside the Chronos Crypto Youtube Channel (unless that channel becomes unavailable and I provide no reasonable equivalent alternative).
Sounds fine to me.

Offline Chronos

Assuming the community has the right to distribute the videos for promotional purposes, I/BlockTrades would vote for your worker.
I'd prefer the videos stay on the Chronos Crypto channel, but any hotlinking or embedding would be fine. Is that the kind of distributing you had in mind?
I don't mind normally using links, but my concern is that you or youtube could always remove those videos at any time. Would you be willing to give the community the source videos in the unlikely case they are no longer accessible via your youtube account for some reason?
That's a valid concern. I'd be happy to make the .mp4 video files temporarily available to the community as a backup, provided that they are not posted or distributed outside the Chronos Crypto Youtube Channel (unless that channel becomes unavailable and I provide no reasonable equivalent alternative).

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

Offline cube

• View Profile
Great to see that you are creating a business out on bitshares.  The video productions would benefit your Chronos Crypto channel (is it paid via youtube advertisements?) and the bitshares ecosystem. A win-win prosposition.  +5%

It is regretable that you find the bitshares' referral system not working/not helping your endeavour.  The bitshares referral system is specifically designed to reward people who promote bts to targetted market segments.  If it is not working as it should, the community and the committee have a duty to fix it and make it work again.  Please do spend some time to go through the referral program and see how it can support your business.  I like to see this turn into a successful partnership.

Good feedback. Keep it coming!

Offline Chronos

If I use https://bitshares.org/wallet for walkthroughs, and demonstrate with Smartcoins like BitBTC rather than OPEN.BTC, then is any part of the work "focused" on OpenLedger?

* I would love to see (already in the very beginning) an explanation video that distinguishes BitShares from OpenLedger/FreedomLedger/MakerX(and whatever comes next).
Well, that's tricky. For many people, that's like the difference between someone's browser, and the Internet. Here, one is the blockchain, and one is how you interact with it. I'll think about the best way to explain this.

Great idea, I would definitely support this.
Thank you!

Videos need to be evergreen and need to focus on the value proposition Bitshares provides.
By "evergreen" I think you mean that the videos need to focus on things that won't make them obsolete. I definitely agree with this, and I always keep it in mind when I'm making videos.

Good feedback. Keep it coming!

@xeroc, do you?
I totally do!

Go for it!

+5%

Videos need to be evergreen and need to focus on the value proposition Bitshares provides.

That would be supportable as a worker.

These videos also would/should integrate into the bitshares.org website as part of our content and be fashioned as such.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline svk

Great idea, I would definitely support this.

I agree with Xeroc though that it would be great to have a video making clear the distinction between Bitshares and Openledger. And if it's paid by worker it would be best if the videos used either the light wallet or bitshares.org/wallet.

Sent fra min MotoG3 via Tapatalk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mint chocolate chip

OP: do you know the referral program which is built inside BitShares and how to use it? It can probably bring you more income if used in the videos.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
@xeroc, do you?
I totally do!

Go for it!

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@xeroc, do you?
I totally do!

Go for it!

Offline onceuponatime

I have proxied my vote to Xeroc. I support this effort. @xeroc, do you?

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

Offline Chronos

First, let me introduce myself. I've been around Bitshares since late 2014, back when workers and witnesses were combined as "delegates", and we ran v0.9 as a desktop client. Then in the summer of 2015, I contracted directly for Cryptonomex for a couple months, doing UI work for the light wallet. I've always been fascinated by the tech behind Bitshares.

For several years, I have run a Youtube channel under the brand Chronos Crypto, which consists primarily of news, lectures, walkthroughs, and product reviews. Check it out at https://www.youtube.com/c/ChronosCrypto.

Now that the BTS 2.0 tech is complete and running smoothly, it's time to bring it the masses. There's so much to cover. Below are a few video ideas:

# Tech Lectures (Example video: Xtreme Thinblocks)
   - DPOS for Dummies (witness roles; the advantage over PoW)
   - Hired by the Blockchain (worker roles)
   - Power to the People (committee roles)
   - Decentralized Consensus (proxy voting)
   - What is a SmartCoin? (shorts and margin calls)
   - Peg All the Things (price feeds and forced settlement)
   - Refer a Friend (referral/registrar system)
   - Custom Account Permissions (Threshold accounts, weight-based accounts, and multi-sig accounts)
# Walkthroughs (Example video: Getting Started with Electrum)
   - Creating an account on OpenLedger
   - Trading on the DEX
   - Securing your wallet with cold storage
   - Creating and managing your own assets
   - Setting up a witness node
   - Buying a lifetime account for marketing referrals
# News & Announcements (Example video: Bitcoin Classic)
   - New features (stealth transactions, subsidizing market liquidity, trollbox in the DEX, etc.)
   - Announcements (new worker or witness proposal to consider)
   - Trending discussions

I propose to create a worker role to produce Bitshares videos under the Chronos Crypto brand. The YouTube channel has well over 400 subscribers, and is well-known in the bitcoin community, so this content will be dual-purpose: to bring new users to the platform, and to help make Bitshares more comprehensible for all of us.

If elected, I will produce a minimum of 3 Bitshares-related videos per month, and publish them on the YouTube channel. In exchange, the worker role will be 500,000 BTS per month, or about $1800 at current prices. I propose to run a worker term of 3 months, and then we can re-assess at that time.  If BTS holders are pleased with my work, it's likely that a second term will be an option.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:31:36 am by Chronos »