Author Topic: Claims of BM saying BitShares has failed  (Read 18183 times)

Offline Thom

edit: jeez, would somebody please fix this forum software so that steemit links will work?
https://steemit.com/miscellaneous/@kenCode/the-top-5-ways-to-make-a-steady-blockchain-income

Why not demand that the new kid on the block (STEEM) play by existing rules of protocol and fix their URLs?

There are standard methods of encoding the "@" in the link, but none of them work in STEEM: @ @  @ because STEEM doesn't decode them. Also, as you point out SMF presumes the "@" is a reference to it's users, which is one problem, but steem makes a similar assumption (who knows, STEEM may have picked up the convention from SMF!)

So this does NOT work but probably should: https://steemit.com/miscellaneous/&commit;kenCode/the-top-5-ways-to-make-a-steady-blockchain-income

and this does work, but only for previewing your post; when you save it SMF translates the "@" into bbcode for member mention. SMF even converts the "@" in [ code ] sections, so I had to add a space so SMF wouldn't replace it, which messes up the URL
Code: [Select]
[url=https://steemit.com/miscellaneous/@ kenCode/the-top-5-ways-to-make-a-steady-blockchain-income]Ken's STEEM article[/url]
Ken's article on STEEM
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:16:58 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The Dao is our friend, I'm using every possible situation to talk about BitShares thanks to TheDao

+5% +5% +5% yep, me too:
Code: [Select]
https://steemit.com/miscellaneous/[member=30868]kenCode[/member]/the-top-5-ways-to-make-a-steady-blockchain-income

-------------------------------------------------------
edit: jeez, would somebody please fix this forum software so that steemit links will work?
https://steemit.com/miscellaneous/@kenCode/the-top-5-ways-to-make-a-steady-blockchain-income

teletype: https://steemit.com/miscellaneous/@kenCode/the-top-5-ways-to-make-a-steady-blockchain-income
quote:

grrrrr these links. one line of code for this forum could fix it, ie:
If "fwdSlash+atSymbol" isFound Then linkToUserProfile == False

Can someone in contact with Bitsapphire please have them fix this? Thank you :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:50:01 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I sold BTS then BM leaved, as many more people, but now I'm ready to rebuy, because Bitsheres are finally free from authority and did't crashed!
Now there is only two truly decentralized platforms in crypto: Bitcoin and Bitshares. Is is huge!

This means that Bitshares resilient, it will survive hustle market conditions, and as Bitcoin, it will rise to the top! But this time, top coin will not have problems with scalability and governance. Boom!

I don't think that we should be angry on bytemaster, he did tremendous amount of work and was not fairly compensated. I would like to see in the future that we hiring him as developer.
I played a little with Steem and it is very promising. It has simple sell point, it is addictive like facebook, using it reminds me feeling that I have using Bitcoin in early days. Try it guys, don't hold your anger.
You made my day .. thanks for sharing your optimism.

Besides that, i can tell you that there are businesses (new and old) that are ALREADY hiring deva for front and backend development!

Offline pal

• View Profile
    • Become Lifetime Member
  • BitShares: pal
I sold BTS then BM leaved, as many more people, but now I'm ready to rebuy, because Bitsheres are finally free from authority and did't crashed!
Now there is only two truly decentralized platforms in crypto: Bitcoin and Bitshares. Is is huge!

This means that Bitshares resilient, it will survive hustle market conditions, and as Bitcoin, it will rise to the top! But this time, top coin will not have problems with scalability and governance. Boom!

I don't think that we should be angry on bytemaster, he did tremendous amount of work and was not fairly compensated. I would like to see in the future that we hiring him as developer.
I played a little with Steem and it is very promising. It has simple sell point, it is addictive like facebook, using it reminds me feeling that I have using Bitcoin in early days. Try it guys, don't hold your anger.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:16:42 am by pal »
Become Lifetime Member:
https://bitshares.openledger.info?r=pal

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
.. and it seems STEEM is not something we should remotely consider to invest in given the history .
Fair enough, but it assumes BM didn't learn from past mistakes ..

Some mistakes are made from inability on some aspects , but some are not . Some are fundamentally incompatible for those who wish to participate in the crypto world , some are just playing dumb .

STEEM maybe a good software , I don't know , it may even be a good forum one day . But as an investor , investing in it takes a lot of guts , even more than blindly buying Dogecoin .

I just brought some Bitshares again even with the down trend since i know at least from the face value BM has no control over it   . But I would never consider buying STEEM even if it goes to the moon .

I could be making a huge mistake . Well , some money is just not mine to earn I guess .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

.. and it seems STEEM is not something we should remotely consider to invest in given the history .

Many could say BM's biggest mistake was in trying to make it truly decentralized in its governance.  There is a reason the United States was constructed in this way---to make big changes very difficult.  Since Bitshares governance model has essentially created a DAC that doesn't even allow for key developers (at the very least) to get funding on the core project, it has forced people for a very long time to sacrifice at ridiculous levels just to keep it alive (why you have seen many devs leave, I'd suspect).  Now that isn't really BM's fault imo...because it is our choice that he gave us.

Instead of the ridiculous argument that most in crypto give: "if you don't like the governance or the way a chain evolves, just sell them and leave"...
He and the team gave us a crypto that gives us another option--to change it from within & have that decision logged transparently on a blockchain.  How people do not understand the absolute pristine beauty of this blows my mind.

In the long-term, I think this is going to make a great deal of sense for bitshares because it is the foundation.  If we eventually start seeing many people using graphene blockchains, it makes a great deal of sense for bitshares to have this kind of governance model--given that we start including graphene-based blockchains' leadership at the table for committee positions.  We could eventually even give the top 11 marketcap graphene chains' leaders a guaranteed spot at the table to make committee decisions for the Flagship (which it was always said to be).  Then each chain could bring up changes internally and serve as the test beds for those changes.  If the changes go well...those chains' leaders could bring them as proposals to the community and have them voted up or down.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 07:04:55 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
It's not cool for BM to blame the community or "dumb people" for the "mistakes" of BTS, instead of thinking of  his own mistake for not fully discussing with community when he made those big decisions.

not cool at all .
I can not explain enough to people without wasting my time why bitshares' founder has announced the "bitshares' failures" .

after all  , a large part of BM's own mistakes wasn't even mentioned in the article . I had to teach them the history over and over again until they realized : oh , it's BM who failed , not bitshares , and it seems STEEM is not something we should remotely consider to invest in given the history .

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
It's not cool for BM to blame the community or "dumb people" for the "mistakes" of BTS, instead of thinking of  his own mistake for not fully discussing with community when he made those big decisions.

not cool at all .
I can not explain enough to people without wasting my time why bitshares' founder has announced the "bitshares' failures" .

after all  , a large part of BM's own mistakes wasn't even mentioned in the article . I had to teach them the history over and over again until they realized : oh , it's BM who failed , not bitshares , and it seems STEEM is not something we should remotely consider to invest in given the history .
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:41:32 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I don`t think DAO would success,  but DAO and BTS are totally different .
1.How bm spend 6M U.S. dollar?
2.Does he discuss with community? when he spend money ?
3.is there any vote when he spend money?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:38:04 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Five hundred million bts

where is vote&dns?

too  young  too simple  somtimes naive

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
The Dao is our friend, I'm using every possible situation to talk about BitShares thanks to TheDao

Sent from my XT1063 using Tapatalk

true, it is easy to start conversations about the DAO and DAC
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit

+5% +5% +5%
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline ElMato

• View Profile