Author Topic: Why the PTS difficulty is continue decreasing even with GPU miners equipped?  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Primecoindude

• View Profile
Still the GPU mining pools seems to have very little impact with very few found blocks compared to the monstrous giant Ypool.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
The difficult doesn't respond so fast, we can expect the retarget very soon...
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline phrozenspite

• View Profile
Ypool says:
Difficulty: 0.014998
so if your numbers (0.01256943) for this morning was correct the difficulty have jumped up quite abit..
he was talking about what the estimators are saying that the next difficulty is going to be. 
supporting Newmine for a fair Memorycoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389386.0

Offline 029xue

• View Profile
Ypool is the static value, the dynamic value is here: http://mrx.im/pts.php

Offline Primecoindude

• View Profile
Ypool says:
Difficulty: 0.014998
so if your numbers (0.01256943) for this morning was correct the difficulty have jumped up quite abit..

Offline 029xue

• View Profile
That sounds reasonable

The PTS price is continue downgrading recent days and make it not as profitable as LTC or other altcoins. May by the low difficult could still stay for a while, sounds like a good news for CPU players.

Offline AizenSou

• View Profile
The PTS estimated difficulty is continue decreasing those days, the latest difficult is:

Code: [Select]
Estimated difficulty: 0.01256943 (83.81%)
With so many GPU miners released those days, I had thought the difficulty should increase much after that, but seems that not happen.

Dose that even mean the added GPU powers cannot catch up the lost of CPU powers? That's seems not a good news...

1. the new introduced GPU miners don't have superior performance vs. CPU miners. It just works more efficient and provides miners more options to mine PTS. Normally you have only 1 CPU in one computer but now you can have at least 1 GPU more to mine PTS.
2. some big boy miners still don't know about the new PTS-GPU miners. I did see a miner in 1gh pool with over 200k cpm, but some big boys in China could get over 1mil cpm alone with their AMD farm. Even if they know about it, they still consider about the profit of mining PTS vs. mining altcoins. There was no accurate PTS mining calculator available, so they still test it first before moving their big farm to PTS.
I don't think it will change drastic the total hashrates in such a short time. The GPU miners are just available for a few days. So why don't you enjoy mining PTS while it's still in low difficulty? Next week maybe totally different, who know :D

PS: I expect big dumps from PTS in short time like altcoins soon.

Offline phrozenspite

• View Profile
Pts difficulty was set to retarget lower before GPU mining became open source, and that has only been up for a few days(1 day if you're on amd cards).  If you were looking at a coin like Ppc or novacoin where they retarget every block you'd see an immediate effect
supporting Newmine for a fair Memorycoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389386.0

Offline pinov

• View Profile
May be we should wait 2-3 weeks to see changes caused by the latest GPU boots

Pinov

PTS: PjyBnWVCKaDhNvGEM9Xb6pcggirWnEU7tH
Approve pinov and pinof & earn BTSX on every transaction you make
wallet_approve_delegate pinov
wallet_approve_delegate pinof

Offline 029xue

• View Profile
Why the PTS difficulty is continue decreasing even with GPU miners equipped?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:34:37 pm »
The PTS estimated difficulty is continue decreasing those days, the latest difficult is:

Code: [Select]
Estimated difficulty: 0.01256943 (83.81%)
With so many GPU miners released those days, I had thought the difficulty should increase much after that, but seems that not happen.

Dose that even mean the added GPU powers cannot catch up the lost of CPU powers? That's seems not a good news...