Author Topic: Correct me if wrong and help... Migration 9.3c to 2  (Read 1646 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You need the passphrase because the backup is encrypted with it ..
If you can't figure it out, there is also this: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19931.new.html#new

Offline Lana

• View Profile
That helped alot....Thank you!!!

Using 9.3C to import the wallet......file/import wallet
We are asked for a "passphrase for the wallet we are restoring". 
We are told we are giving the wrong passphrase (that my friend swears he did not create:) 

Is there a way to bypass being asked for a passphrase when importing the wallet?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Am I correct that I can use Graphene 160703  or do I have to use 2.0.160428?  If your answer is 2.0.160428, this version keeps freezing on me.
You shouldn't use anything that is labeled with "Graphene" because it is a blockchain agnostic library/software.
Instead, you can use any of the "GUI releases" from here: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/releases

Offline Lana

• View Profile
I have read the BTS Migration.  I am using Firefox.  I have migrated successfully myself and am now trying to help a friend migrate.

Am I correct that I can use Graphene 160703  or do I have to use 2.0.160428?  If your answer is 2.0.160428, this version keeps freezing on me.

Using 160703 I have been able to import the keys and import the balances.  That is it.  There is no lock at the top right of the screen.  My user name does not appear anywhere.  When in the bitshares icon (top left), it only shows featured markets, nothing below.