Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] BitShares Webdesign Mockup  (Read 19097 times)

iHashFury

I believe it would be beneficial to see a BitShares dynamic transparency page with listings similar to:

https://uphold.com/en/transparency

This page could list smartcoins and also UIAs of bridges and gateways.

Shareholders would then know that their assets are backed by transparent and accountable financial services (no fractional reserves).

That is a very good idea. I like their breakdown of their reserves. Do you have a suggestion how we can arrange the data fields? at the end, we would need a simple mockup for the devs.

I meet with the design team on Tuesday and we discussed the subside design for the site. Each of the three categories will look similar but store different information. We have a) Private users b) Business c) Developers and maybe d) Blockchain geeks (talking about DAC,DAO etc.)

A simple table layout with data obtained from the cli_wallet, cryptofresh.com and blocktrades.us should work.

This information would also be useful in gui_wallets.

Offline Pheonike

I believe it would be beneficial to see a BitShares dynamic transparency page with listings similar to:

Shareholders would then know that their assets are backed by transparent and accountable financial services (no fractional reserves).

That is a very good idea. I like their breakdown of their reserves. Do you have a suggestion how we can arrange the data fields? at the end, we would need a simple mockup for the devs.

I meet with the design team on Tuesday and we discussed the subside design for the site. Each of the three categories will look similar but store different information. We have a) Private users b) Business c) Developers and maybe d) Blockchain geeks (talking about DAC,DAO etc.)

Option d) could be called Enthusiast.

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

iHashFury

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Please FIRST clarify with the owner of bitshares.org if they agree with a redesign and you proposal .. otherwise, the BTS shareholders are burning funds with no statement from the current owner of the domain!!

Sure will do. We don´t want to burn funds for nothing :)
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Please FIRST clarify with the owner of bitshares.org if they agree with a redesign and you proposal .. otherwise, the BTS shareholders are burning funds with no statement from the current owner of the domain!!

Offline mranderson

Hey guys,

it has been a while and I have been busy with all the BlockPay development. In the meantime, I worked together with the design team of myfable and we worked out the following new design mockup for bitshares.org

What do you think about the design?
The next step now is to get a second design for one of the subsides for Private Consumers and Business Clients. I will also get a dev bid for all of you and see how much it would cost to develop the site in a short time.

cheers Chris

I really appreciate the effort and will be voting for any worker proposal I see from your team.  The main landing page for Bitshares is a tough one.....since it can be seen and used in so many different ways and by so many different types of users.  I think something very clean, very simple that can break down the different choices available to future users would be most helpful.  So then the site/information can expand based on the user's goals/expectations/skill-level.

Thanks again!

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I'll be voting to support this worker proposal, can't wait for the bitshares website to be redesigned :)

+5%

Offline R

• View Profile
I'll be voting to support this worker proposal, can't wait for the bitshares website to be redesigned :)

Offline onceuponatime

I appreciate all the effort that you are putting into this @Chris4210
Kudos to the BitShare Munich team!

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Feedback collection:

I like the idea of new info graphics and howtos etc. and I think you should get paid for this. But for bitshares.org I'd rather like to see a more static website with timeless design and no maintenance needed. Like bitcoin.org IMHO
- BTSWolf

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Hey guys,

it has been a while and I have been busy with all the BlockPay development. In the meantime, I worked together with the design team of myfable and we worked out the following new design mockup for bitshares.org

What do you think about the design?
The next step now is to get a second design for one of the subsides for Private Consumers and Business Clients. I will also get a dev bid for all of you and see how much it would cost to develop the site in a short time.

cheers Chris

Offline R

• View Profile
Chris4210: Did you bring up the worker proposal in a beyondbitcoin episode? Might be a good way of driving up voting participation?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
So to give you all an update about the worker.

Over 211,411,529 BTS came together voting for an update of the BitShares Website. Unfortunantly I could not get enough support from the community this time. I want to thank you all for your support.

Ok so how do we continue?

I have started the redesign progress with a designer team already and will get the first drafts in the next days. We have summer holidays right now, so it might take longer than I want it. Please be more patiened. I will create a Steem post with the drafts and try to compensate the design costs this way.

Does anybody from you know if you can run a CMS on a Github site? Right now BitShares.org is hosted by Github and it is not easy to update content on the site. Any ideas?

Offline ethedesign

• View Profile

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Thank you all for your great feedback. Please keep voting for this worker so that we can get started with the first drafts. I already scheduled a meeting with a couple of designers to show you their ideas.

I really want to show you all guys that BitShares is not a death project and that we have an awesome community and great business opportunities for all of us.

Thank you for your vote!

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
I think a better option would be https://99designs.co.uk/
You set a budget and make a contest. Digix did the same for their current website https://www.dgx.io/
A bunch of designers create the mock ups then the community votes for the best one.
This way you can probably get the most out of any budget is approved for this

Competitive and cost effective, I like it. No sense in paying too much and having to select a winner from the get-go. Let the Designers compete for the money. You guys know I am a big fan of such methods. The hungry will do a better job, for less money and in less time, 90% of the time.
+5% +5% +5%

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
You are missing the point.

Anyway, we both express our opinion on that matter, we should stop the argumentation before it becomes completely out of subject and unproductive.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You're arguing with a robot.  Why bother?

Offline EstefanTT

You are missing the point.

Anyway, we both express our opinion on that matter, we should stop the argumentation before it becomes completely out of subject and unproductive.

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I think you miss the point. I don't think we need a new web site that looks better. We just need to explain better what BitShares can do the regular guys, the trader, the small and big entrepeneurs, ... That would one part of the change apply to it, the other part would be to show the projects already running on BitShares and feed the news in the ecosystem there.

People visiting BitShares could see, in one place, what is Bitshares, what is build on it, what you can do with it, what is happenning and what would probably happen soon.

I don't mean to be aggressive toward you but this is the same kind of conversation we had with the China anti dilution movement. People gave good arguments toward new evolutions of BitShares (worker through dilution) and you seem to try to counter argue with any argument you can find, even if it doesn't fit the debate.
Chris explained he doesn't want a new image of BitShares, he just want more and easier to understand information and use cases, which is, IMO, a very good thing. You come here and basically say "a prettier web site doesn't solve anything", you are right, but it's not the debate at all !

Do you even listen what Cris said during the hangout ?

it's easy to explain what bitshares can do . it's hard to convince people that they won't suffer financial lost using this shinny new technology that seem to be protected by no court in the world to handle their assets.

That's the real rock in the road forward .

you can try something . try to convince one of your friends who has no relationship with crypto before and ask him to convert even 5000 USD into BitUSD and hold for a year .

Normally you'll hit a rock with the most better explained material in the world .
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:38:49 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline EstefanTT

I think you miss the point. I don't think we need a new web site that looks better. We just need to explain better what BitShares can do the regular guys, the trader, the small and big entrepeneurs, ... That would one part of the change apply to it, the other part would be to show the projects already running on BitShares and feed the news in the ecosystem there.

People visiting BitShares could see, in one place, what is Bitshares, what is build on it, what you can do with it, what is happenning and what would probably happen soon.

I don't mean to be aggressive toward you but this is the same kind of conversation we had with the China anti dilution movement. People gave good arguments toward new evolutions of BitShares (worker through dilution) and you seem to try to counter argue with any argument you can find, even if it doesn't fit the debate.
Chris explained he doesn't want a new image of BitShares, he just want more and easier to understand information and use cases, which is, IMO, a very good thing. You come here and basically say "a prettier web site doesn't solve anything", you are right, but it's not the debate at all !

Do you even listen what Cris said during the hangout ?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I recommand to everyone to listen the hangout. Chris explain why the new website. It starts at the 20th minuts.

Looks like a no brainer when you listen to him. The money spend in the new website is nothing compare to what it can brings.

Just one guy visiting the website and having the idea of creating a smartcoin that bring 100 ppl with only 50$. These ppl buying in bts to reach the smartcoin and that's it, we have a positiv ROI.

Even if you have only 1 more % visitor digging in BTS instead of leaving (much of bitcoiner and steemer are probably doing that right now) would be worth it. Within the corse of the next year is a lot a ppl, that would speak to other ppl and so on. Only one of them beeing a small whale and boum ! We gain 5 stable % of MC and everybody wins.

Network effect is very important in cryptos. Right now our shop window is displaying the blueprint of BitShares, is way too technical to grap the attention of small entrepeneurs and general public.
To make a simple analogy, Tesla is not selling its cars with a photo of the interior of the electric motor and technical specs of the diferents parts of the car. They sell a very nice, low cost, fast electric car. If you want the specs, you dig ... Why ? Because you represent 5% of the visitors of the website.

Don't invest anything in BTS and hope it will take off is not the way to go.

There is two way this experiment can go.

1) we invest in every positive feature BTS can implement, we may lose a few % of MC now but when it takes off, we will be one the giant crypto projects in the future (every body here probably very rich). If it never takes off, it won't matter to have lost a few % at the begenning anyway. (No brainer)

2) we don't invest anything, we cross our fingers and wait. If it takes off that way, it won't matter to have lost a few % at the beginning because we will all made a big return on our investment BUT with no develoment we will be a the verge of beeing overtake by the tech, investors will run away considering their ROI and the danger of competition and the MC will fall back quickly. If we don't invest anything and it never takes off, it won't matter to have kept a few % of MC at the beginning by no diluting because the BTS won't be worth anything anyway.

I don't see any other possible evolution. When considering that, why not chose the only reasonable way ?

Let's start by upvoting the web site worker ;)

Sound like the same reason every time the website has reinvented again and again .
Well ... this is called evolution, you analyse what is wrong, what can be better and you make the change. If not, you disappear ...

what is wrong is than you can not sell something as new and risky as crypto  through traditional means of promotion .
Even with pegged assets ,it's still a very risky concept to most people who knew only about traditional banking system .

There were only few people who would've brought Bitcoin or used a Bitcoin related service back in 2010 even with a beautiful website. That's where BitShares is at .

If you like great looking websites,  there are few more with other cryptos , most look fantastic , but I have not paid a dime for their service or asset .
Because it has been clear :  On the service/utility part , the trouble is too much(both from a customer protection and user experience stand point of view ) , so people won't use the service regardless of how you website looks ;

Comparing to Paypal , most crypto project and its service is highly risky for ordinary people . Unless you change that somehow ,or the financial benefit outweigh  the trouble,  I don't see a great looking website could change that .

On the coin part , great looking website doesn't change the fact that I would suffer financial lost after buying it .

I would love to pin the status of BitShares on the website designers , but it ain't it . The first and second and third looked really bad , but the current one looks nice .

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline EstefanTT

I recommand to everyone to listen the hangout. Chris explain why the new website. It starts at the 20th minuts.

Looks like a no brainer when you listen to him. The money spend in the new website is nothing compare to what it can brings.

Just one guy visiting the website and having the idea of creating a smartcoin that bring 100 ppl with only 50$. These ppl buying in bts to reach the smartcoin and that's it, we have a positiv ROI.

Even if you have only 1 more % visitor digging in BTS instead of leaving (much of bitcoiner and steemer are probably doing that right now) would be worth it. Within the corse of the next year is a lot a ppl, that would speak to other ppl and so on. Only one of them beeing a small whale and boum ! We gain 5 stable % of MC and everybody wins.

Network effect is very important in cryptos. Right now our shop window is displaying the blueprint of BitShares, is way too technical to grap the attention of small entrepeneurs and general public.
To make a simple analogy, Tesla is not selling its cars with a photo of the interior of the electric motor and technical specs of the diferents parts of the car. They sell a very nice, low cost, fast electric car. If you want the specs, you dig ... Why ? Because you represent 5% of the visitors of the website.

1) we invest in every positive feature BTS can implement, we may lose a few % of MC now but when it takes off, we will be one the giant crypto projects in the future (every body here probably very rich). If it never takes off, it won't matter to have lost a few % at the begenning anyway. (No brainer)

2) we don't invest anything, we cross our fingers and wait. If it takes off that way, it won't matter to have lost a few % at the beginning because we will all made a big return on our investment BUT with no develoment we will be a the verge of beeing overtake by the tech, investors will run away considering their ROI and the danger of competition and the MC will fall back quickly. If we don't invest anything and it never takes off, it won't matter to have kept a few % of MC at the beginning by no diluting because the BTS won't be worth anything anyway.

I don't see any other possible evolution. When considering that, why not chose the only reasonable way ?

Sound like the same reason every time the website has reinvented again and again .
Well ... this is called evolution, you analyse what is wrong, what can be better and you make the change. If not, you disappear ...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
what is mockup? the non-html stuff like graphic ?

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
I have voted to support the first budget, and to assess whether the results will support the next budget.
To reiterate my position: the less budget, the easier it is to get my vote.
Communities need more volunteers, just like the bitcoin community.
The work proposal dampened the enthusiasm of volunteers.

Offline Yao

• View Profile
I have voted to support the first budget, and to assess whether the results will support the next budget.
To reiterate my position: the less budget, the easier it is to get my vote.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:39:40 pm by Yao »

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
The budget is not for website , is for mockup.

to my knowledge , the budget is very cheap for a website .

However, this is the budget for the same website that has cost tons of budget that i can't count from the brian page era and has changed multiple times , each time people says good good good .

I don't know what is wrong with this website , really .

Sooner or later this website would cost more than 0.5% of the total supply of current circulating BitShares .  (maybe already have)

Yes, this worker is just for the Mockup alone. The current Website needs an overwork, especially more details about the latest updates of the platform.

Is the plan to have the site designed to just be HTML or have some kind of content management under it... like Wordpress for example?

I am not sure about this part yet. All I know is that the current site is hosted on Github. I am familiar with Wordpress and could handle the CMS. I don´t know how Wordpress could be hosted on Github.

Any frontend devs here?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Is the plan to have the site designed to just be HTML or have some kind of content management under it... like Wordpress for example?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
The budget is not for website , is for mockup.

However, this is the budget for the same website that has cost tons of budget that i can't count from the brian page era and has changed multiple times , each time people says good good good .

Sooner or later this website would cost more than 0.5% of the total supply of current circulating BitShares .  (maybe already have)
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Yes. Let's make website while exchange have stupid orderbook bugs!

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
While listening on Mumble today I made a suggestion in the chat.

I suggested that a well drawn out plan regarding the site be done up and posted on Steemit.. prior to posting make sure to garner support for it.. and then post it on steemit and allow everyone who supports it to upvote it. There are daily posts that are earning upwards of $1300 instantly in a day.

This is a different type of worker proposal system really. The arrangement clearly would be a promise from you that you would use the funds to pay for the redesign, much how you are promising to get the redesign done via this Worker proposal.

I am beginning to lean more towards taking the Steemit route.

Thank´s Data, definitely an additional option to fund this project. I will do that too. I will meet with the designer next Thursday to discuss the details and create the first drawings for the new website. Will share it with all of you.

Please don´t forget that Steem is growing fast and it is getting very competitive to get the most of the daily payout. I am looking forward to get most of the project funded with this worker. BitShares has this amazing tool, I think we should use it too.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

While listening on Mumble today I made a suggestion in the chat.

I suggested that a well drawn out plan regarding the site be done up and posted on Steemit.. prior to posting make sure to garner support for it.. and then post it on steemit and allow everyone who supports it to upvote it. There are daily posts that are earning upwards of $1300 instantly in a day.

This is a different type of worker proposal system really. The arrangement clearly would be a promise from you that you would use the funds to pay for the redesign, much how you are promising to get the redesign done via this Worker proposal.

I am beginning to lean more towards taking the Steemit route.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Don´t forget to vote. Please also talk to your proxies! We can only start this project with +10% vote for this worker. We would need at least 230 million BTS in support! Thank you all for your great feedback so far!

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I agree that funds spent on a website would be VERY well spent.  It's really a no-brainer.  Let's see some mock-ups and choose the best one and move forward.  Also, during the mock-up process, we should fine tune the content a little more. 

A good website creates good first impression, which is critical.  So I like where this is headed!

Offline Yao

• View Profile
You set a budget and make a contest. Digix did the same for their current website https://www.dgx.io/
A bunch of designers create the mock ups then the community votes for the best one.

Competitive and cost effective, I like it. No sense in paying too much and having to select a winner from the get-go. Let the Designers compete for the money. You guys know I am a big fan of such methods. The hungry will do a better job, for less money and in less time, 90% of the time.
+5%
Competitive and cost effective, I like it too!
Just like I did it here: Designing a logo for BlockPay...

I like BlockPay you developed for BitShares, so I'm very happy to be able to design a logo for it. As a volunteer, the prize is an extra bonus.

@Chris4210 The less budget, the easier to pass.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:03:39 pm by Yao »

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com

I know 99 designs but I personally had no good experience with that until so far. Most of the offers a templated designs, designers response slowly and do not offer anything unique that would match our vision. I will consider the option.

Nice idea and timing.  With steem gaining traction, it should point new users to the bitshares website.
But then they download client or go to openledger and what they see is shitty, laggy chart that doesn't show what you want when clicking period and candlesticks buttons. If we must dilute to attract users better focus at trading experience.

The light client design is another topic that I would like to address in a sperate project. This worker proposal is for the first impression of BitShares only! The site should be informative and be welcoming for new users. It should be super clear with a few clicks what an awesome platform we have!

svk is already aware about that and i think everyone who actually using DEX is. If you read his latest worker proposal:

Some specific things that I would like to implement in the short-term are:
Replace Highstock charts with react-stockchart (http://rrag.github.io/stockcharts-demo/)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22612.0.html
Maybe bitshares could pay him more or hire someone with skills to help?

I think money should go to improve trading experience and accelerate GUI improvement.
Couple days ago i was witnessing trollbox user biasing at some buttons (not specified, but i think chart buttons), he was angry and said he'll be back in 3 months to check again.
How many potential users we're loosing daily because something not work as should?
I know marketing is important, but when you have unfinished product...
Many things is much better. Last GUI relase was more than i could dream (very nice work), but chart is still shitty

Talking about the GUI and the Lightclient. We have to separate the official BitShares Lightclient and the OpenLedger Online client. These are two different GUI´s and responsibilities. We as BitShares Community can only build a better Lightclient. OpenLedger is currently working on his own version.

I see the following problem with the current GUI development. We don´t have a goal how the Bitshares platform should look like right now. SVK is doing a great job and adding features like the Chat, Logos, moving buttons etc. But we don´t have a goal. He is doing all that alone, and he is not a designer. The interface is organical growing right now and I see a big problem that we are growing into the wrong direction and waste time, money and svk power.

The BitShares Community needs to set up another worker to get a clear cool multi-functional interface for the Bitshares Lightclient.

Here is my roadmap for those projects.

Worker: a-d)
a) Get a Mockup for the Bitshares.org website
b) Develop and launch the Bitshares.org website
c) Get a Mockup for the official BitShares Light client
d) Hire svk +(others) to develop the BitShares Light client according to the agreed Mockup

These design guidelines have been done by BM in the past. Since we are on our own as a community, we have to make those decisions.

I'm very please you could find the time to go forward with this Chris :)

I think it's much more important for our image, reputation and MC that some ppl realize.

This "dilution" (ridicously low), IMO, has a huge ROI ! A better website is crucial to attract new people curious about cyptocurrencies and entrepreneurs.  Right now, the website only give information for ppl that already have a deep understanding of BC tech.

Come on everyone, let's vote this. It doesn't cost much and will certainly have a very positif effect on all the new visitors we'll have in the future !
Right now, if I was checking some cryptocurrencies projects to create my portfolio and look at bts.org. I would have the feeling that it's an overly complicated project that seems dead ... no investment.

Yes, I need to push this project forward. Time is running too fast for all of us and a worker also need some time :) Please vote for the worker!!

I would like to invite you all to a discussion about this worker this Friday's mumble. I am open to your feedback!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline EstefanTT

I'm very please you could find the time to go forward with this Chris :)

I think it's much more important for our image, reputation and MC that some ppl realize.

This "dilution" (ridicously low), IMO, has a huge ROI ! A better website is crucial to attract new people curious about cyptocurrencies and entrepreneurs.  Right now, the website only give information for ppl that already have a deep understanding of BC tech.

Come on everyone, let's vote this. It doesn't cost much and will certainly have a very positif effect on all the new visitors we'll have in the future !
Right now, if I was checking some cryptocurrencies projects to create my portfolio and look at bts.org. I would have the feeling that it's an overly complicated project that seems dead ... no investment.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
svk is already aware about that and i think everyone who actually using DEX is. If you read his latest worker proposal:

Some specific things that I would like to implement in the short-term are:
Replace Highstock charts with react-stockchart (http://rrag.github.io/stockcharts-demo/)
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22612.0.html
Maybe bitshares could pay him more or hire someone with skills to help?

I think money should go to improve trading experience and accelerate GUI improvement.
Couple days ago i was witnessing trollbox user biasing at some buttons (not specified, but i think chart buttons), he was angry and said he'll be back in 3 months to check again.
How many potential users we're loosing daily because something not work as should?
I know marketing is important, but when you have unfinished product...
Many things is much better. Last GUI relase was more than i could dream (very nice work), but chart is still shitty

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Nice idea and timing.  With steem gaining traction, it should point new users to the bitshares website.
But then they download client or go to openledger and what they see is shitty, laggy chart that doesn't show what you want when clicking period and candlesticks buttons. If we must dilute to attract users better focus at trading experience.

Can you be more descriptive or provide suggestions to better the design in this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18614.0.html  Calling something shitty etc... does not help the GUI improve, we need suggestions on how to make it better.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I love this. Very well put together and presented. A lot of people put their feedback in to this.
I support this.  +5%

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Dear BitShares Community,

I would like to propose the following first worker to build an awesome new BitShares.org web presence. The goal is to first create a couple of new mockups for the BitShares.org website. I will pick a professional and experienced designer who will internalize our vision, our message and create an awesome design while keeping our current colors and branding in place.

If we like the new design suggestions, I will set up a second worker for the development team and implementation of the design into the new website.

Worker NameBitShares Website Mockup
Timeline19.07.2016 - 31.07.2016
Budget in EUR1,000€
Budget in BTS303,030 BTS

Please vote now!!!

The job description can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q4YA3Ej4bpiwKB3Qschp0L--63uFjN5vSItfGkgLJIk/edit?usp=sharing

The new website content can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xw4o-99EXCPg301mzE6CCm6XOOHGqVVfpeQiWilZkXM/edit?usp=sharing

The overall roadmap is:

1. Create an awesome set of website mockups
2. Choose the best-suited mockup
3. Get a website development bit
4. Start a second worker to fund the development of the new website
5. Set milestones and timeline for development
6. Develop new website based on the mockup

I will partner up with the expert marketing team of Flame https://www.hello-flame.com/. They will create a fresh, clean new interface for the BitShares.org website. We are also planning to create a set of new infographics to explain to newcomers how BitShares works and what kind of awesome products can be built on top of BitShares.

Petra and here team have +30 years experience in business consultancy and marketing and are currently working for the Fraunhofer institute in Germany. Here are some of here latest case studies https://www.hello-flame.com/cases/ .

The old forum threads have been:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22218.0.html

Ideas and feedback always welcome!!

Best regards,

Chris4210

CEO of BitShares Munich and BitShares Committee Member
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:39:00 pm by Chris4210 »