Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] BitShares Webdesign Mockup  (Read 18857 times)

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Thank you all for your great feedback. Please keep voting for this worker so that we can get started with the first drafts. I already scheduled a meeting with a couple of designers to show you their ideas.

I really want to show you all guys that BitShares is not a death project and that we have an awesome community and great business opportunities for all of us.

Thank you for your vote!

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline fractalnode

• View Profile
I think a better option would be https://99designs.co.uk/
You set a budget and make a contest. Digix did the same for their current website https://www.dgx.io/
A bunch of designers create the mock ups then the community votes for the best one.
This way you can probably get the most out of any budget is approved for this

Competitive and cost effective, I like it. No sense in paying too much and having to select a winner from the get-go. Let the Designers compete for the money. You guys know I am a big fan of such methods. The hungry will do a better job, for less money and in less time, 90% of the time.
+5% +5% +5%

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
You are missing the point.

Anyway, we both express our opinion on that matter, we should stop the argumentation before it becomes completely out of subject and unproductive.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You're arguing with a robot.  Why bother?

Offline EstefanTT

You are missing the point.

Anyway, we both express our opinion on that matter, we should stop the argumentation before it becomes completely out of subject and unproductive.

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I think you miss the point. I don't think we need a new web site that looks better. We just need to explain better what BitShares can do the regular guys, the trader, the small and big entrepeneurs, ... That would one part of the change apply to it, the other part would be to show the projects already running on BitShares and feed the news in the ecosystem there.

People visiting BitShares could see, in one place, what is Bitshares, what is build on it, what you can do with it, what is happenning and what would probably happen soon.

I don't mean to be aggressive toward you but this is the same kind of conversation we had with the China anti dilution movement. People gave good arguments toward new evolutions of BitShares (worker through dilution) and you seem to try to counter argue with any argument you can find, even if it doesn't fit the debate.
Chris explained he doesn't want a new image of BitShares, he just want more and easier to understand information and use cases, which is, IMO, a very good thing. You come here and basically say "a prettier web site doesn't solve anything", you are right, but it's not the debate at all !

Do you even listen what Cris said during the hangout ?

it's easy to explain what bitshares can do . it's hard to convince people that they won't suffer financial lost using this shinny new technology that seem to be protected by no court in the world to handle their assets.

That's the real rock in the road forward .

you can try something . try to convince one of your friends who has no relationship with crypto before and ask him to convert even 5000 USD into BitUSD and hold for a year .

Normally you'll hit a rock with the most better explained material in the world .
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:38:49 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline EstefanTT

I think you miss the point. I don't think we need a new web site that looks better. We just need to explain better what BitShares can do the regular guys, the trader, the small and big entrepeneurs, ... That would one part of the change apply to it, the other part would be to show the projects already running on BitShares and feed the news in the ecosystem there.

People visiting BitShares could see, in one place, what is Bitshares, what is build on it, what you can do with it, what is happenning and what would probably happen soon.

I don't mean to be aggressive toward you but this is the same kind of conversation we had with the China anti dilution movement. People gave good arguments toward new evolutions of BitShares (worker through dilution) and you seem to try to counter argue with any argument you can find, even if it doesn't fit the debate.
Chris explained he doesn't want a new image of BitShares, he just want more and easier to understand information and use cases, which is, IMO, a very good thing. You come here and basically say "a prettier web site doesn't solve anything", you are right, but it's not the debate at all !

Do you even listen what Cris said during the hangout ?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I recommand to everyone to listen the hangout. Chris explain why the new website. It starts at the 20th minuts.

Looks like a no brainer when you listen to him. The money spend in the new website is nothing compare to what it can brings.

Just one guy visiting the website and having the idea of creating a smartcoin that bring 100 ppl with only 50$. These ppl buying in bts to reach the smartcoin and that's it, we have a positiv ROI.

Even if you have only 1 more % visitor digging in BTS instead of leaving (much of bitcoiner and steemer are probably doing that right now) would be worth it. Within the corse of the next year is a lot a ppl, that would speak to other ppl and so on. Only one of them beeing a small whale and boum ! We gain 5 stable % of MC and everybody wins.

Network effect is very important in cryptos. Right now our shop window is displaying the blueprint of BitShares, is way too technical to grap the attention of small entrepeneurs and general public.
To make a simple analogy, Tesla is not selling its cars with a photo of the interior of the electric motor and technical specs of the diferents parts of the car. They sell a very nice, low cost, fast electric car. If you want the specs, you dig ... Why ? Because you represent 5% of the visitors of the website.

Don't invest anything in BTS and hope it will take off is not the way to go.

There is two way this experiment can go.

1) we invest in every positive feature BTS can implement, we may lose a few % of MC now but when it takes off, we will be one the giant crypto projects in the future (every body here probably very rich). If it never takes off, it won't matter to have lost a few % at the begenning anyway. (No brainer)

2) we don't invest anything, we cross our fingers and wait. If it takes off that way, it won't matter to have lost a few % at the beginning because we will all made a big return on our investment BUT with no develoment we will be a the verge of beeing overtake by the tech, investors will run away considering their ROI and the danger of competition and the MC will fall back quickly. If we don't invest anything and it never takes off, it won't matter to have kept a few % of MC at the beginning by no diluting because the BTS won't be worth anything anyway.

I don't see any other possible evolution. When considering that, why not chose the only reasonable way ?

Let's start by upvoting the web site worker ;)

Sound like the same reason every time the website has reinvented again and again .
Well ... this is called evolution, you analyse what is wrong, what can be better and you make the change. If not, you disappear ...

what is wrong is than you can not sell something as new and risky as crypto  through traditional means of promotion .
Even with pegged assets ,it's still a very risky concept to most people who knew only about traditional banking system .

There were only few people who would've brought Bitcoin or used a Bitcoin related service back in 2010 even with a beautiful website. That's where BitShares is at .

If you like great looking websites,  there are few more with other cryptos , most look fantastic , but I have not paid a dime for their service or asset .
Because it has been clear :  On the service/utility part , the trouble is too much(both from a customer protection and user experience stand point of view ) , so people won't use the service regardless of how you website looks ;

Comparing to Paypal , most crypto project and its service is highly risky for ordinary people . Unless you change that somehow ,or the financial benefit outweigh  the trouble,  I don't see a great looking website could change that .

On the coin part , great looking website doesn't change the fact that I would suffer financial lost after buying it .

I would love to pin the status of BitShares on the website designers , but it ain't it . The first and second and third looked really bad , but the current one looks nice .

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline EstefanTT

I recommand to everyone to listen the hangout. Chris explain why the new website. It starts at the 20th minuts.

Looks like a no brainer when you listen to him. The money spend in the new website is nothing compare to what it can brings.

Just one guy visiting the website and having the idea of creating a smartcoin that bring 100 ppl with only 50$. These ppl buying in bts to reach the smartcoin and that's it, we have a positiv ROI.

Even if you have only 1 more % visitor digging in BTS instead of leaving (much of bitcoiner and steemer are probably doing that right now) would be worth it. Within the corse of the next year is a lot a ppl, that would speak to other ppl and so on. Only one of them beeing a small whale and boum ! We gain 5 stable % of MC and everybody wins.

Network effect is very important in cryptos. Right now our shop window is displaying the blueprint of BitShares, is way too technical to grap the attention of small entrepeneurs and general public.
To make a simple analogy, Tesla is not selling its cars with a photo of the interior of the electric motor and technical specs of the diferents parts of the car. They sell a very nice, low cost, fast electric car. If you want the specs, you dig ... Why ? Because you represent 5% of the visitors of the website.

1) we invest in every positive feature BTS can implement, we may lose a few % of MC now but when it takes off, we will be one the giant crypto projects in the future (every body here probably very rich). If it never takes off, it won't matter to have lost a few % at the begenning anyway. (No brainer)

2) we don't invest anything, we cross our fingers and wait. If it takes off that way, it won't matter to have lost a few % at the beginning because we will all made a big return on our investment BUT with no develoment we will be a the verge of beeing overtake by the tech, investors will run away considering their ROI and the danger of competition and the MC will fall back quickly. If we don't invest anything and it never takes off, it won't matter to have kept a few % of MC at the beginning by no diluting because the BTS won't be worth anything anyway.

I don't see any other possible evolution. When considering that, why not chose the only reasonable way ?

Sound like the same reason every time the website has reinvented again and again .
Well ... this is called evolution, you analyse what is wrong, what can be better and you make the change. If not, you disappear ...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
what is mockup? the non-html stuff like graphic ?

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
I have voted to support the first budget, and to assess whether the results will support the next budget.
To reiterate my position: the less budget, the easier it is to get my vote.
Communities need more volunteers, just like the bitcoin community.
The work proposal dampened the enthusiasm of volunteers.

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
I have voted to support the first budget, and to assess whether the results will support the next budget.
To reiterate my position: the less budget, the easier it is to get my vote.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:39:40 pm by Yao »

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
The budget is not for website , is for mockup.

to my knowledge , the budget is very cheap for a website .

However, this is the budget for the same website that has cost tons of budget that i can't count from the brian page era and has changed multiple times , each time people says good good good .

I don't know what is wrong with this website , really .

Sooner or later this website would cost more than 0.5% of the total supply of current circulating BitShares .  (maybe already have)

Yes, this worker is just for the Mockup alone. The current Website needs an overwork, especially more details about the latest updates of the platform.

Is the plan to have the site designed to just be HTML or have some kind of content management under it... like Wordpress for example?

I am not sure about this part yet. All I know is that the current site is hosted on Github. I am familiar with Wordpress and could handle the CMS. I don´t know how Wordpress could be hosted on Github.

Any frontend devs here?

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Is the plan to have the site designed to just be HTML or have some kind of content management under it... like Wordpress for example?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+