Author Topic: Steemit or Bitshares for my VR/AR project..  (Read 1797 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
AFAIK steem have reopened registration, no invites should be needed.

As to your project, which platform is suited best depends on your business model. If you want to actually sell photos, BitShares may be the better option. If you need UIAs, steem is not an option.
What I'm trying to say is - define your business model first, then start looking for the technology to implement it.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline pseudoscops

Thanks DestBest. Interested to hear that you think Steem could a better fit for my application when compared to Bitshares.

Would anyone care to comment further or provide their thoughts? Really could do with a better steer on which route to take.

Also I'm still after a Steemit invite if someone can help me out  :)

Offline DestBest

If using Bitshares then my first thoughts were UIA for shareholders and separate UIA for users that can be bought with BitUSD. It's been so long since I've looked at Bitshares I'm not even sure if what I'm suggesting is possible (i.e. buying UIA tokens/shares with BitUSD).
Totally possible

So I'm confused as to whether I should be looking towards STEEM as a platform for my project instead of Bitshares. Certainly looks to be rocketing up at the moment.
I think Steem blockchain might be better suited for your project but i'm far from an expert on this kind of business.

Oh, and despite quite a long break from posting here, I was wondering, considering I'm not a complete noob,  if someone could please send me an invite to Steemit?

I've been trying to register for the last few days since I've been thinking about using it as platform to document my project rather than setting up a separate blog.
Give this man an account! :D
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline pseudoscops

Mulling over the possibility of using some blockchain technology for a VR/AR project that I've been working on for about a year.

My project has some elements that make it a little like an image stock library. I read this article and it got me thinking:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/21/business/smallbusiness/a-new-wrinkle-in-the-gig-economy-workers-get-most-of-the-money.html?src=me&_r=0

In addition to using something like a UIA to provide value back to content creators like with Stocksy, I'd also like to run some sort of virtual currency scheme for end-users of the platform. How might this work? If using Bitshares then my first thoughts were UIA for shareholders and separate UIA for users that can be bought with BitUSD. It's been so long since I've looked at Bitshares I'm not even sure if what I'm suggesting is possible (i.e. buying UIA tokens/shares with BitUSD).

If I wanted to do something along these lines and partner with a number of content producers which platform, STEEM or Bitshares, would seem like the best fit to mirror what Stocksy have done? How might things change if I want to add end-users with a virtual currency to the mix.

I've barely paid attention to STEEM apart from swapping some of my BTS holdings for some STEEM. It appears to be getting a lot of traction at the moment. I read a post from Dan about it being a bit of a Trojan horse for other applications that could run on the Steem blockchain. So I'm confused as to whether I should be looking towards STEEM as a platform for my project instead of Bitshares. Certainly looks to be rocketing up at the moment.

Oh, and despite quite a long break from posting here, I was wondering, considering I'm not a complete noob,  if someone could please send me an invite to Steemit?

I've been trying to register for the last few days since I've been thinking about using it as platform to document my project rather than setting up a separate blog.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:46:00 pm by pseudoscops »