Author Topic: [ANN] Anonymous, Geobalanced DwarfPool for Memorycoin (CPU/GPU)  (Read 29932 times)

Offline reorder

• View Profile
It is very simple really - we opensource it today, tomorrow ypool has 95% network. They have done it to XPM and PTS, if it is of any indication..

Oh, so it will switch from 90% at 1gh to 95% at ypool (which I doubt). What is ypool's fee? Do you have interest in the 1gh pool?
Yes, I have a stake in 1gh pools. It is not 90% anymore btw, mmcpool has caught up somewhat now that they have GPU miners too. Now we too get orphans sometimes, you will not suspect mmcpool in selfish pool tactics, will you? :)

Ypool's fee for PTS is 6%, and it is not really transparent due to their special kind of vardiff, but noone seems to care for their monopoly. Not even bytemaster himself.

Offline Atrides

• View Profile
    • DwarfPool
Thanks for the clarification. But the real question is - why not open source the CPU/GPU miners? Is it pride? Is it greed? Is it fear? Afraid code can be adapted to other coins and you won't get rewarded?

I'm just curious is there a way to motivate you guys to open source it? I also think actions like that would help increase the value of MMC, which as you can see is still hurting.

I'm looking at MemoryCoin as a hobby at the moment (although I am generating about 3000MMC/day) and am learning a great deal of useful information. I would love to look at how an optimized CPU/GPU miner works and see if I can provide a different optimization. My time is very limited since I do have a solid full time job, I'm sure if I had the time off I could reinvent one in about two weeks from scratch. I've done a fair share of video game programming and writing shaders. But even in my limited time I'm sure I could help with optimizations.

Cheers!
Because he has already a power of more then 90% network.
And he wants to leave this situation as is.

Probably he has attacked already other pools https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2324.0
I have seen same situation already two times.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:54:16 pm by Atrides »
DwarfPool http://dwarfpool.com/ - Getwork and first Stratum Pool with only 2% fee.
Full anonymous, geobalanced, DDoS protected.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Thanks for the clarification. But the real question is - why not open source the CPU/GPU miners? Is it pride? Is it greed? Is it fear? Afraid code can be adapted to other coins and you won't get rewarded?

I'm just curious is there a way to motivate you guys to open source it? I also think actions like that would help increase the value of MMC, which as you can see is still hurting.

I'm looking at MemoryCoin as a hobby at the moment (although I am generating about 3000MMC/day) and am learning a great deal of useful information. I would love to look at how an optimized CPU/GPU miner works and see if I can provide a different optimization. My time is very limited since I do have a solid full time job, I'm sure if I had the time off I could reinvent one in about two weeks from scratch. I've done a fair share of video game programming and writing shaders. But even in my limited time I'm sure I could help with optimizations.

Cheers!
It is very simple really - we opensource it today, tomorrow ypool has 95% network. They have done it to XPM and PTS, if it is of any indication..

Offline Atrides

• View Profile
    • DwarfPool
Why not just provide a link to the original download location if one does not plan something nasty?
1) Because you can change the files anytime. And drop support of other pools.
2) All your copyrights and you pool name are in the README file.

I have added links to original files and new mega with backups if you will drop support of our pool.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:38:51 pm by Atrides »
DwarfPool http://dwarfpool.com/ - Getwork and first Stratum Pool with only 2% fee.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Beware, the binary this guy has stolen from mmc.1gh.com is modified and may contain malware (and most certainly it does).

While I commend you for doing the detective work and making sure binaries are not altered, I have an issue with you using the work "stolen" everytime someone uses your binary and modifies it.

How do I know your original binary doesn't have malware to begin with? I have to take your word for it, which doesn't inspire much confidence. You could have malware on the machine that you used to build the binary, even if you didn't intend to include one. The lack of open sourced projects here is not helping the confidence in this coin. There are plenty of people out there who will ONLY build from source.

We could set a bounty for open sourcing both yam and reorder's binaries and then all that "stealing" argument would go away. I'm sure everything and everyone has a price.

Furthermore - is it really stealing if it's already stolen? I could be wrong, but isn't your so called binary built on top of open source that has GNU license, hence the law says you should open source your binaries anyways? It's just hypocritical. I understand that you want to get rewarded for you efforts, and I think we can all benefit a lot more if these projects get open sourced. Then more people can look at optimizations, etc.
For what it's worth. There is no GPL-ed code inside, everything but Python interpreter is original work. While I admit I should have included this link: http://docs.python.org/2/license.html , this seems to be a quite minor violation.

Why not just provide a link to the original download location if one does not plan something nasty?

Offline Atrides

• View Profile
    • DwarfPool

$ md5sum mc2-1gh-lin-x64.tgz                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
02a3c6231b934e77a2c2fdeda906a23d  mc2-1gh-lin-x64.tgz[/code]

The same md5 are on your files

ORLY?
Code: [Select]
MD5 (mmc-miner.exe) = 9efeb412c23f33ec9e40b9a934b8f65a
RLY
I have uploaded version from 7.Jan
Your current md5 is for version from 8.Jan.
But it's not a problem, I replace mega with your new version.

Offline reorder

• View Profile

02a3c6231b934e77a2c2fdeda906a23d  mc2-1gh-lin-x64.tgz[/code]

ORLY?
MD5 (mmc-miner.exe) = 9efeb412c23f33ec9e40b9a934b8f65a

Offline Atrides

• View Profile
    • DwarfPool
Beware, the binary this guy has stolen from mmc.1gh.com is modified and may contain malware (and most certainly it does).

You lie!

1) The files aren't stolen. They are the same. I have uploaded miners to mega.
2) All your copyrights and you pool name are in the README file.

Only example wallet in mmc-miner.bat changed via "YOUR_WALLET_HERE"

$ md5sum mmc-miner.exe
acd3d9897b338a27f4aff1970221e7df  mmc-miner.exe
02a3c6231b934e77a2c2fdeda906a23d  mc2-1gh-lin-x64.tgz

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:26:01 pm by Atrides »

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:10:55 pm by reorder »

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
From the long-polling perspective, out-of-order query processing is needed, so shares submitted to the same connection will get processed before long-poll response.

I am not sure if server you are using supports that, but probably will do more investigation on this, as well as stratum.

yvg1900
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline Atrides

• View Profile
    • DwarfPool
Hi, nice theme. ;D  is there any reward for the first miners?

For first miners I have 0% fee  8)
Currently the power of pools is already around 110 KHm

Getwork-only?
Stratum-pool works already. Stratum-client will be ready next days.

X-Roll-nTime support?
I send the header with "1", but currently I don't know how cpuminer-based clients work with it.

Plans to support long polls?
Supported on "erebor"-server
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:10:04 pm by Atrides »

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
Getwork-only?

X-Roll-nTime support?

Plans to support long polls?

yvg1900
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
Hi, nice theme. ;D  is there any reward for the first miners?
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline Atrides

• View Profile
    • DwarfPool
DwarfPool
New getwork and first stratum pool: http://dwarfpool.com/

They are three server:
   erebor.dwarfpool.com (France)
   moria.dwarfpool.com (USA)
   nogrod.dwarfpool.com (Canada)

Getwork-ports: 8080 8081, 8082, 8083.
Long pool: yes*
GPU-miners supported

Getwork clients same as for mmcpool and 1gh.
Stratum client will be availabled soon.

Features:
 - 2% fee round based PPS
 - autopayouts from 0.5 MMC
 - full anonymous, no registration required
 - Free choice of 3 server locations worldwide. Put the other as backup servers or use them at once. All your shares will be calculated from all servers!
 - DDoS protection by different providers.
 - Works with all known GPU and CPU memorycoin miners.
 - Supported old Getwork and new Stratum protocols.

ToDo:
 - Stratum client

FAQ:
 - "Rejects": you can get it in two cases: HW-error or your share was to late, the pool has got new block to calculate (very often with clients without support of long polling)
 - all known GPU miners are supported!
To make worked MMCPOOL or 1GH-GPU-miners with DwarfPool you need change your /etc/hosts (in Linux/Ubuntu) or %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (in Windows)
You can put in hosts-file nearest to you one of DwarfPool's IP address.
For moria (US):
198.251.81.40 mmcpool.1gh.com

You can download 1gh-miner from backup on mega (new versions 1gh has no support of other pools anymore).
Windows: https://mega.co.nz/#!sA1QCSzA!V-bc2rFGhg6zAS32_OnisawM4CsSAmv27vLMUc6PDq0
Linux: https://mega.co.nz/#!0dNn1DCI!e5JeBnPZgkD-Y2fFCr8C352qlnvKWywiZfF8J-7M0T4

* Long pool: lower traffic and less rejects.

Change 23.01.2014: changed backup links to 1gh-gpu-miners
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:33:10 pm by Atrides »