Author Topic: Delayed Node  (Read 2178 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You can do whatever you think is easier for you to do ..

Here are some docs for you:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/integration/index.html

Offline warmach

blocks that are accepted by the non-delayed node have been accepted at least once.
The delyed only returns blocks when they are irreversible (confirmed by ~2/3 of all witnesses) .. The delay is usually about 30 blocks which is 90 seconds.

I wanted to do some development against Bitshares and have tried running a delayed node.  It looks like it keeps its own blockchain and uses a reasonable amount of memory and cpu resources.  As a developer, couldn't I just use the witness node and only take action against blocks with at least 30 confirmations?  If so, that would save me HDD, memory, and cpu resources. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thanks....

So is the witness_node and CLI_wallet the same except that the CLI can initiate transactions?
the witness nodes takes care of the blockchain and p2p stuff .. and the cli-wallet is a light-client that merely connects to a witness node .. could be yours, or anyone elses (if you trust them)

Offline warmach

Thanks....

So is the witness_node and CLI_wallet the same except that the CLI can initiate transactions?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
blocks that are accepted by the non-delayed node have been accepted at least once.
The delyed only returns blocks when they are irreversible (confirmed by ~2/3 of all witnesses) .. The delay is usually about 30 blocks which is 90 seconds.

Offline warmach

What is the purpose of the Delayed Node?