Author Topic: [ANN][Pre-ICO coming]BlockPay - Point of Sale - Accept Any Crypto at Zero Cost  (Read 7667 times)

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
We moved and changed our name to Payger. Latest updates will be published in a new thread regarding Payger. You find all the information about Payger - payment + messenger: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,25845
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
When do you expect your Pre-ICO to be? I like what you are doing and I would like to invest  :)

Hi Dr.Reefer,

we will soon publish more information about the pre-ico.

best regards,

Christoph
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline DrReefer

• View Profile
When do you expect your Pre-ICO to be? I like what you are doing and I would like to invest  :)

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
The BlockPay CEO Christoph Hering made up this quick little video showing off some of the things that a BlockPay merchant and their customers can get. Rodrigo Crespo is the CMO and heads up the BlockPay Ambassadors Program, a way for anyone to get passive income from BlockPay. More merchant and customer testimonies will be posted to our youtube channel starting next week.

https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@kenCode/blockpay-here-is-the-blockpay-ceo

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
In most countries, digital currencies like Bitcoin are handled like cash payments. So business has to pay their VAT no matter what. But that is not our topic. The Business can export every transaction to .csv file or print the eReceipts for their tax accountant.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:18:41 pm by Chris4210 »

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
You'll need to fill their taxes for them. Or convince tax departments around the world to accept taxes in bitAssets. lol

Good point, but that surely depends on particular country.

There are many fiat processors and they hold your money. For example in Poland we have many tiny payment agencies and they are surely to small to be seen as "banks" or "money transmitters".
The other idea is to treat bitAsset as token of "money while in transit".  I suspect there are no limits on how looooong does it take to settle the fiat wire transfer.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Similar to coinbase, I suppose.
Customer pays with crypto of his choice while BlockPay converts that payment on the fly to the merchant's account.
No need for the merchant to learn much about it.

Correct me if I am wrong: )

At the beginning, every merchant just will receive their funds in BitAssets on their own BitShares account. BlockPay and BitShares Munich will not exchange the funds into Fiat yet. A full gateway service is on our timeline.

We want to build a very simple web wallet, where the merchant can choose a gateway, transfer the funds to the gateway, and get paid in fiat. If they wish.

But that would be the worst situation. We would like to create as many incentives for merchants to actually stay on the DEX and spend the funds for other services (like marketing, hosting, consulting) or products and pay in digital currencies again! It is our vision to create a circle with digital cash. A Merchant who chases out is really the worst case scenario. What are your ideas? What services could we offer to merchants?

You'll need to fill their taxes for them. Or convince tax departments around the world to accept taxes in bitAssets. lol

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Customer pays with crypto of his choice while BlockPay converts that payment on the fly to the merchant's account.

At the beginning, every merchant just will receive their funds in BitAssets on their own BitShares account. BlockPay and BitShares Munich will not exchange the funds into Fiat yet. A full gateway service is on our timeline.

We want to build a very simple web wallet, where the merchant can choose a gateway, transfer the funds to the gateway, and get paid in fiat. If they wish.

But that would be the worst situation. We would like to create as many incentives for merchants to actually stay on the DEX and spend the funds for other services (like marketing, hosting, consulting) or products and pay in digital currencies again! It is our vision to create a circle with digital cash. A Merchant who chases out is really the worst case scenario. What are your ideas? What services could we offer to merchants?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
Gotta love the dogecoin image.. and "Merchants can even take Dogecoin!".

+5%

How is OPENPOS (the token) faring in the middle of all this? Is it still the token that will reward the hodler with a portion of transaction fees?

If so, how are those fees to be paid (BitUSD?), and is any action on the side of the hodler necessary, or your systems will figure out how much and to whom automatically?

Originally OPENPOS holders were suppose to receive 50% of all fees generated from the Oodoo pos systems.  I would think this would have to be figured out and distributed manually.

Ken has talked about OPENPOS holder getting a stake in his newly forming company, which I believe is Bitshares Munich, but was still looking into the legal ramifications of doing this.  Not sure what the status is for this though.

Looks like things are going well, but it definitely would be nice to know what the line is between this new ICO, OPENPOS, and Blockpay.

I have created a special package for our early adopters and OPENPOS holders. I will announce more info in the next couple days.

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:05:22 am by hammurabi »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
BlockPay allows any merchant (retail, grocery chains, restaurants, vending machines, petrol stations, kiosks, etc.) to accept one or more digital currencies at zero cost!

The problem is that merchants don't want to accept "digital currencies" since it creates the whole bunch of problems with regulations for them. Merchants want to accept local fiat money. The reason why you can pay with bitcoins in a bunch of online stores is because companies like bitpay convert bitcoins into fiat such that merchant doesn't need to touch any bitcoins. How is BlockPay going to get around this problem?

From my early understanding,
merchants won't even be knowing what the customer is doing. Probably just thinking its just another visa or whatevercryptosomethingCard. He receives fiat.

If this is true, this is super cool. But how?

Offline hammurabi

• View Profile
BlockPay allows any merchant (retail, grocery chains, restaurants, vending machines, petrol stations, kiosks, etc.) to accept one or more digital currencies at zero cost!

The problem is that merchants don't want to accept "digital currencies" since it creates the whole bunch of problems with regulations for them. Merchants want to accept local fiat money. The reason why you can pay with bitcoins in a bunch of online stores is because companies like bitpay convert bitcoins into fiat such that merchant doesn't need to touch any bitcoins. How is BlockPay going to get around this problem?

From my early understanding,
merchants won't even be knowing what the customer is doing. Probably just thinking its just another visa or whatevercryptosomethingCard. He receives fiat.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:10:47 pm by ripplexiaoshan »
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline yvv

• View Profile