Author Topic: Wallet with no Account attatched?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Tbfbean

• View Profile
I believe I created a back-up without opening the lock. I believe that is why the password will not work. to test it out I did it on a different account with the same result;  the bin file will not open if created without unlocking the account first.
so I believe I have the problem figured out, how do I get back into the wallet  with a password that does not work with the backup bin?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
You can have a wallet without an account in it. Nothing wrong with that (but obviously not terribly useful either).
The question is - did you expect this wallet to contain an account? Which one? What exactly did you do when you created the wallet?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Tbfbean

• View Profile
I have a wallet with no account attached. It will no load from the bin as to see the account, only the wallet. I cannot do anything except look at it. I try to move funds, and set permissions but it says I have no sig or permission. The only way I can see the overview is to use another account, go to explore, and search for the name, and it shows up. I can click on it, see the account bal etc., but I cannot move funds. I can open the wallet.

Any suggestions?