Author Topic: Is it like you don't care about PTS?  (Read 11874 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
So let see :

-3I it is a 2 month old company,and  in those two months they manage to crowdfound  more than a million dollar and they will have more then 2  millions by the end of the third month . For that matter how's your start-up compare ? Or any start-up  in this short time frame?
-they have a full team working on Keyhotee around the clock and they delivered the first alpha version. Read the last newsletter, they explained why the delay for keyhotee, in fact they  addressee all your concerns that you raise here.
-finding new good developers, as you should know, is not easy, finding new developers familiar with cryptoworld is even harder. Bounties it is a way to find those rare developers and to attract that talent make those bounty worthwhile I remember when they announce that they have a team working around the clock for keyhotee, some complained that this is not the right approach and bounty should be the way to do it etc. Well, I guess they have them both now. But I guess this is not good enough either ....

You make some good points tough  :

-I agree some of the bounties they are more efficient done by hiring professionals like for the website. In my opinion the website should be one of the top priorities right know, and should have been done by know.
-Marketing until now not the best thing !!( but I have fate on Brian  )
-"How about you leave the forum to your great batch of moderators and go ahead with things that actually require your attention?" I thing although bytemaster presence is essential on the forum,  I think now there are enough people that could moderate and answer most parts. He already started doing that.
-Most of you concerns are addressed in the forum, but not everybody has the time to look this is very true and this must be improved. The newsletter is not enough, some kind of global news once a week will clarify things for everybody. 

Yeah sure there are things that should and must be improved but let's be objective here. Blaming it the easiest thing to do.

Offline JA

• View Profile
lol, desperation.
this emotional thread so transparent to understand, i think its not about Invictus or Bts project only, its about current cryptoindustry in whole, many analysts alarmists think that in near 2-6 months S&P500 going to collapse very deeply. I mean it would be as bad as  in 2008. That prediction is influence negatively sentiment to BTC/USD rate.
BTC rate/sentiment affect whole cryptos, because altcoins are derivatives of bitcoins.
I think that in near term (1-12 months) prices to all cryptocurrencies awaits down trend, even with superb marketing like in nxt proj.
So...its good year for investments
imho my 2 cents ;)

how should a stock market crash effect crypto currencies in a negative way??
idk, its tendency, it was like that in 2008 USD index skyrocketed in to air

lol if this happens and u have 1 BTC u can buy like 3 houses :)
but beware the gold holders ..they will try to crack your head open with their heavy gold bars to find your brain wallet  :D

Offline hasher

• View Profile
lol, desperation.
this emotional thread so transparent to understand, i think its not about Invictus or Bts project only, its about current cryptoindustry in whole, many analysts alarmists think that in near 2-6 months S&P500 going to collapse very deeply. I mean it would be as bad as  in 2008. That prediction is influence negatively sentiment to BTC/USD rate.
BTC rate/sentiment affect whole cryptos, because altcoins are derivatives of bitcoins.
I think that in near term (1-12 months) prices to all cryptocurrencies awaits down trend, even with superb marketing like in nxt proj.
imho my 2 cents ;)

idk, its tendency, it was like that in 2008 USD index skyrocketed in to air

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
lol, desperation.
imho my 2 cents ;)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
哥们是中国人吧 行文完全是同胞风格;

赞! 需要快马加鞭让他们做事
When quoting english .. could you please also reply in english.. thx

I think the man starting the thread is a chinese guy!

I fully support this man!  we should spur those 3i guys to push forward the projects! with a serious team!

The OP had some suggestions content wise. He got a bit emotional but he made some suggestions that are very worth thinking about. Just saying "build a better team" or something is not very helpful. I am sure they are working there asses off. different perspectives from the community are helpful though. So be constructive!

Offline ppcholder

• View Profile
哥们是中国人吧 行文完全是同胞风格;

赞! 需要快马加鞭让他们做事
When quoting english .. could you please also reply in english.. thx

I think the man starting the thread is a chinese guy!

I fully support this man!  we should spur those 3i guys to push forward the projects! with a serious team!

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
Transparency is good, I don't mind seeing Dan spending more time on the board and letting others do more coding, than feeling being left in the dark.

That being said, my biggest concern is how much it really worth for a so-called  Social Consensuses (a.k.a Social Contract). Setting aside the arguments whether any promise has been broken between late November and today, it's clear the motivation for the change was for Invictus to get more funding to get projects done.

From an investor point of view thought, this represents a change from a very generous offer to a not so great offer. I can understand there might be some flaws in the original plan -- if the company don't have enough funding to get things done, everybody lose.

However, the investment community can only tolerate one or maybe two changes of course, beyond that, most investors' confidence will be gone except the most gullible.  A company can make and learn from many mistakes on the technology side, but when it comes to issues with the implication of redistributing profit among community groups, tread with extreme caution.

Even with all the rules and regulations put in place by the governments, many management teams of public traded companies can find ways to dilute shares, enrich themselves and make their companies "lifestyle companies".  With DAC model, the constraint is even weaker, greed and other human natures make investors in an even more vulnerable situation.

Trust and transparency,  the lifeblood of successful DACs.

Offline hasher

• View Profile
lol, desperation.
imho my 2 cents ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:17:59 pm by hasher »

Offline cm8108@163.com

• View Profile

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
First of all if you must remember that these type of posts thrive the value of PTS down so I guess you should ask yourself if YOU really care about PTS. As far as I can remember all your posts have a negative tone and you come up with weird ideas looking for investors or other ways to make some money. And common, if you invested in something that's your problem. You clearly don't care about the community, values and ideas being worked on here so I suggest you'd better go elsewhere.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline markzookerburg

• View Profile
:)
I see someone who's worried people are beginning to question the bounty system and he's about to lose out on cash behind that LOL.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline que23

• View Profile
(Full-disclosure, I jumped ship a short time ago, and I am now on the Ethereum bandwagon.) I personally have no ill-will toward Invictus; I was able to sell my shares without loss. But I do worry about all the friends I made here and who have stayed behind to support this project. I have serious doubts about the management of the project, and the people they've hired who seem to do nothing. I also don't think these single purpose DACs are the way to go. I wish you guys luck though. I really would like to see Bitshares work.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

sumantso

I agree on a couple of points.

1> Marketing sucks. I have been involved with FTC and especially WDC from the beginning, and the marketing they did was amazing, especially considering it was done by volunteers. In contrast the marketing here is terrible; even more so when you consider that actual money is being paid. Its so bad that I actually thought this might be a deliberate ploy to keep the value down and grab some cheap PTS/AGS.

2> PTS got the raw deal wrt AGS. I can understand why it would be so though, considering AGS is fully I3 profit while PTS is not. With the new license, 3rd party DACs which use the code (which they will unless they try to reinvent the wheel) will honour both AGS and PTS so there is good argument to change AGS to PTS. I guess PTS will end up as 1.2 PTS = 1 AGS.

Would be nice if there were more updates. Bytemater is doing some good work which he can see in the Bitshare thread. If there is an weekly update which shows how much other stuff are being done that will be very nice.

actually AGS is not for I3 profit, this was clearly stated. 0% goes to profit, all the money goes for angel investment in DACs which you will own part of if you buy AGS

Poor choice of words on my part. I meant I3 can utilise the entire AGS fund but only a portion of PTS.

[cynic mode on]I3 can give their own staff over generous payments which in a way is the same as taking profits[/cynic mode off]

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
I agree on a couple of points.

1> Marketing sucks. I have been involved with FTC and especially WDC from the beginning, and the marketing they did was amazing, especially considering it was done by volunteers. In contrast the marketing here is terrible; even more so when you consider that actual money is being paid. Its so bad that I actually thought this might be a deliberate ploy to keep the value down and grab some cheap PTS/AGS.

2> PTS got the raw deal wrt AGS. I can understand why it would be so though, considering AGS is fully I3 profit while PTS is not. With the new license, 3rd party DACs which use the code (which they will unless they try to reinvent the wheel) will honour both AGS and PTS so there is good argument to change AGS to PTS. I guess PTS will end up as 1.2 PTS = 1 AGS.

Would be nice if there were more updates. Bytemater is doing some good work which he can see in the Bitshare thread. If there is an weekly update which shows how much other stuff are being done that will be very nice.

actually AGS is not for I3 profit, this was clearly stated. 0% goes to profit, all the money goes for angel investment in DACs which you will own part of if you buy AGS