Author Topic: Importing bts 1.0 to 2.0  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Bitshiz

• View Profile
Are you on Windows? There is a known bug and you can't import .json. I switched to Ubuntu and then it worked.
Did you go through this guide.
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html#

I know that it's frustrating! It took me many hours to get it to work!

yes I am on Windows. I dont know ubuntu or linux. Launched an amazon server for ubuntu and once I got it up and running its was basically like a cmd window and I have no idea where to go or what to do once there. So I guess I am screwed.

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Are you on Windows? There is a known bug and you can't import .json. I switched to Ubuntu and then it worked.
Did you go through this guide.
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html#

I know that it's frustrating! It took me many hours to get it to work!

Offline Bitshiz

• View Profile
quote author=cusknee link=topic=23315.msg299043#msg299043 date=1473878570]
You cannot import a .json file into 2.0 It needs to be a .bin file.
[/quote]

Really? because it says you can in the client...

http://imgur.com/a/sCXU3

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
You cannot import a .json file into 2.0 It needs to be a .bin file.

Offline Bitshiz

• View Profile
Well everything keeps freezing up when it says its looking for unclaimed balances. The screen goes white and stays white.

So I decided to try and import one account at a time. Deleted my wallet.dat from bts1 and re-imported my one main account key back into bts1 and linked all my btc and pts keys to it. I regenerated 500K keys and am trying to import that account. It now says I have 1.5 million keys linked to my one account and it is stuck on the part that says its looking for unclaimed balances for 4 hours now.

Offline Bitshiz

• View Profile
Still keeps freezing up. Fuck this is frustrating. Only about half my accounts show up before the pages or client freezes. I have tried the wallet in the light client, Openledger, and bitshares.org wallet. The client is the only one that even shows me that something is happening. openledger and bitshare.org are just spinning once I type my wallet passphrase in. One account of mine shows it has over 430K keys alone. No wonder people have stopped using this. It seems their is a key purge program for linux and OSX but nothing for a shitty windows user. If someone wants to walk me through setting up a virtual box on windows and then guide me through the key purge program, that would be cool. I tried to run virtualbox and get a fatal error message and then I dont know where to go after that.

Offline Bitshiz

• View Profile
I got it to import, maybe. Re Downloaded BTS 2.0 light and imported and it seemed to be working except it is frozen now. It says I have 534164 private keys. not sure if the freezing is normal because I havent seen a "program not responding" message yet. I'll wait and see.

Offline Bitshiz

• View Profile
Okay, I think I am fucked.

I had previously exported all or most of my keys to bts 2.0. The day I did was the last time i opened bts 2.0. My computer (Windows 10) crashed and my hard drive was pretty much wiped. I was able to recover 140 gigs of Pictures thank good. But my dumb ass didnt save backups of the bts 2.0 wallet. I have backups to every bts 1.0 keys and just redownloaded bts 0.9.3 and the chain that I think Fav had on mega. I exported through the console to a .json with the full path. Now when attempting to import to 2.0 I am getting an invalid format. I have followed the direction to a "T" except the legacy bitshares chain torrent wasnt connecting to any peers so I found that other source of the chain online.

Why am i getting the invalid format error? Is it the chain or something else? Please dont tell me that it is because I have already imported those keys.

Thanks