Author Topic: Why PTS are going down?  (Read 4167 times)

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Interestingly enough, before AGS released, PTS alone (34m$ of value) was 10% of BTS and now AGS+PTS (34m$ of value) is 100% of BTS.

That means people's target is a number of tokens rather than a percentage of the total tokens supply. We can infer that it's because the market is not really sure if Bitshares will work + irrationality + some overvaluation of BTS before AGS which play the role of a catalyst for a reality check.

It also shows you that the so-called market cap of all the other coins is exaggerated by the lack of an ability to short while the 'early adopters' hold most supply off the market.  Put a steady sell pressure of $100K per day on these other coins and watch the price fall.

It is a bit ridiculous but at the rate BTS is being developed AGS and PTS holders will be in great shape.
Right, that would be soooo profitable to be able do so. Shorting most of the altcoin market would be like printing money.

Offline bytemaster

Interestingly enough, before AGS released, PTS alone (34m$ of value) was 10% of BTS and now AGS+PTS (34m$ of value) is 100% of BTS.

That means people's target is a number of tokens rather than a percentage of the total tokens supply. We can infer that it's because the market is not really sure if Bitshares will work + irrationality + some overvaluation of BTS before AGS which play the role of a catalyst for a reality check.

It also shows you that the so-called market cap of all the other coins is exaggerated by the lack of an ability to short while the 'early adopters' hold most supply off the market.  Put a steady sell pressure of $100K per day on these other coins and watch the price fall.

It is a bit ridiculous but at the rate BTS is being developed AGS and PTS holders will be in great shape.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:38:15 am by BldSwtTrs »

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
It was assumed a bunch of investors just couldn't wait: 

Looks like they moved on, to greener places... 

Offline SyRenity

• View Profile
Any sense to buy some AGS in PTS to recover some losses?

Otherwise it really feels as being used by project owners - once again.

Offline o3u

• Money comes, money goes.
    • View Profile
    • Fistful of Bitcoins (IN DEVELOPMENT)
Initially, the only mean to acquire bitshares was to buy PTS. Now you can acquire bitshares by buying AGS. PTS had a monopoly position in the market of "acquiring of bitshares"  that no longer exist.

Value of PTS was roughly cut by half since AGS.
Roughly again, the market cap of PTS is 17 200 000$ right now, so we can assume AGS destroy 17 000 000 $ of PTS value.

Since AGS started, roughly 1 BTC = 107 AGS, so 2 000 000 / 107 = 18 346 BTC
AGS market value : 18 346 * 836$ = 15 300 000 $

So AGS market value is roughly equal to PTS destroy value. So the market is irrational? mmh, not sure about that.

Basically, I3 operated a wealth transfer. They took 50% of PTS wealth and give that to themselves. Talk about the Fed...

+1

Makes sense,

the last "micro crash" i remember was when bytemaster wrote a post about selling some PTS, he then retracted when he realized so many were against that, but this AGS is a cunning way to do it without even paying attention to public opinion.

I raise my glass to you bytemaster ;).

{BTC: 1BCnkcUPNd3jRnwzkT3EeAn8KLBNfZF41r , PTS: Pc71VSazYe1QoYZ9RKeW1cyoetrbZnFGnm, LTC: Lbiy1khbsnLxGbxv3WeKE6h753YFCGJ99t }
http://fistfulofbitcoins.com/

Offline bytemaster

Could it also be that GPU mining has something to do with PTS value falling?

Mining difficulty follows price, not the other way around.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mav2000

• View Profile
Could it also be that GPU mining has something to do with PTS value falling?

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Initially, the only mean to acquire bitshares was to buy PTS. Now you can acquire bitshares by buying AGS. PTS had a monopoly position in the market of "acquiring of bitshares"  that no longer exist.

Value of PTS was roughly cut by half since AGS.
Roughly again, the market cap of PTS is 17 200 000$ right now, so we can assume AGS destroy 17 000 000 $ of PTS value.

Since AGS started, roughly 1 BTC = 107 AGS, so 2 000 000 / 107 = 18 346 BTC
AGS market value : 18 346 * 836$ = 15 300 000 $

So AGS market value is roughly equal to PTS destroy value. So the market is irrational? mmh, not sure about that.

Basically, I3 operated a wealth transfer. They took 50% of PTS wealth and give that to themselves. Talk about the Fed...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:39:02 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Market is not always rational, like the Nobel prize winner said  :P. Probably people are waiting for Keyhotee, so now it's a good opportunity to buy in.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline nelion9

• View Profile
In last days, PTS are going down, why?