Author Topic: [ANN] ptsweb.beeeeer.org - Protoshares mining sub-pool  (Read 414942 times)

Offline justmwa

• View Profile
    • PTS Stats!
Re: [ANN] ptsweb.beeeeer.org - Protoshares mining sub-pool
« Reply #1278 on: February 22, 2014, 12:52:48 pm »
Stats update:
added pending balance (what's validated, <0.2PTS before payout).
Unpaid PTS Stats
PTS:PhE77ocVCEaQVdxHHsMHixyBqrhiPhpdEw XPM:AZr7WijkyktevRvdyCCjrvti39hp5mw6Tj BTC:1GFHGxticHrtpXuavh3jMjGmfFVCT2zExM

Offline justmwa

• View Profile
    • PTS Stats!
« Reply #1277 on: February 22, 2014, 12:42:26 pm »
Although reject rate is very high, you wouldn't obtain better results on ypool. Everybody gets the same share of a block so you are not loosing 10% as in effect everybody is affected so everyone's share size remains the same with or without loss. Maybe the pool finds 10% less blocks, but it is not even that clear.
Unpaid PTS Stats
PTS:PhE77ocVCEaQVdxHHsMHixyBqrhiPhpdEw XPM:AZr7WijkyktevRvdyCCjrvti39hp5mw6Tj BTC:1GFHGxticHrtpXuavh3jMjGmfFVCT2zExM

Offline primer-

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 22, 2014, 12:29:17 pm »
Left the miners running on 600 cores overnight - average reject rate 14%!! Please make this fix a priority

Offline bizthinker

• View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: February 22, 2014, 12:00:45 pm »
@xolokram,

So far, I am not very sure what the issue is. Could you tell me how server judge a share is a identical clone? Or could you provide a fix on ptsminer v0.7? I can test it.

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 22, 2014, 10:50:59 am »
Or could you just revert your fix?
you're aware of the fact, that this would mean it'll be exploitable?!
btw. that's why i want to see the #share/block needed, it should decrease with the new (actually old, but now re-activated) security-fix, although i admit that the higher rejection rate looks crappy on the miner's side.

I am using ptsminer v0.7. Is it have the issue you mentioned above? If yes, how to fix it
by fixing the code or thinking of a better solution for blocktemplate-creation.

and not all rejections are caused by the security-fix, some might by caused by the increased workload of the server & decreased block time that's currently happening due to the rising popularity of protoshares.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:54:36 am by xolokram »
stats for pts@beeeeer.org
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline bizthinker

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 22, 2014, 10:31:43 am »
Or could you just revert your fix? so far, my old machines only can use ptsminer or jh's miner. Yam doesn't work because my linux kenerl is old and I cannot do upgrading for them.

Offline bizthinker

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 22, 2014, 10:28:06 am »

@rejection rate:
i've activated a few security measurements on the pool, this includes disconnecting spamming miners (very rare!) and rejecting shares that are identical clones of already submitted shares. i know that the original miner is having an issue with this on machines with a lot of computing power due to the blocktemplate-creating method. i don't know if this has been changed/updated/fixed/checked on the third-party miners?!?!

@xolokram,
I am using ptsminer v0.7. Is it have the issue you mentioned above? If yes, how to fix it

Offline xolokram

• beeeeer.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 22, 2014, 09:17:00 am »
Hi,

first, i hope i won't miss a statement/message/question: i'm sorry if i'll do, post again pls :)

@rejection rate:
i've activated a few security measurements on the pool, this includes disconnecting spamming miners (very rare!) and rejecting shares that are identical clones of already submitted shares. i know that the original miner is having an issue with this on machines with a lot of computing power due to the blocktemplate-creating method. i don't know if this has been changed/updated/fixed/checked on the third-party miners?!?!

i hope (at least) one of the developer is reading this.

@Darkbane+wsnnwa&Co.:
I just checked "...kzse4B", from what i'm able to tell it doesn't look like a botnet. But you could never know, as there are enough ways to obfuscate the connections. Anyway, thanks for finding, i'll keep an eye on that.

it also could be already existing server farm that is currently (temporary?) switching to PTS due to the 28th February event.

@justmwa:
sorry :) but i think you're faster than me with this
feature request --> a general pool stats page with daily stats like: #shares / block

- xolokram
stats for pts@beeeeer.org
BTC: 1S4kxaF4ro17qThUz4hQwAoiXzCWdzwdb | LTC: LMgYASNbAgGUG6fhw1xdMAWSbMiWjNNGgo
XPM: AJhA1PGbNM94ZmsJvVVM5FfbE9SdxiMzgd | PTS: PbfspbvSWxYqrp3DpRH7bsrmEqzY3418Ap

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 22, 2014, 05:54:15 am »
It wouldn't take $250k to reach 1mill cpm. I estimated it at ~$150k. But his activity is very suspicious, its like it took him a day or so to set up his rigs with the correct configs and then boom just throw them all at the pool at once.

Well I'm estimating total costs... video cards alone assuming a 280X $400 for 3500cpm would take 300+ cards... thats 120k there plus tax and delivery... start throwing in all the additional support hardware, the facilities to cram all that into, the upgraded power requirements and electrical facilities alone would cost a lot of money... you can't do that in a home without massive upgrades to industrial power... so it makes more sense they are using an industrial facility wired for that much power... massive industrial cooling for 100,000 watts... knowing what its taken for datacenters I have helped with, its well into a quarter million...

thats why I think its just suspicious activity that is most likely some funny business going on with cpu stealing from thousands of computers... maybe I'm wrong, but you just don't see many people with over 300 video cards, most likely well beyond that using earlier models if it was someone who was building up... but hey maybe I am wrong and someone really has spent money on all that... but its illogical they would suddenly appear here in such small  fragments earlier, and then explode recently.

Offline wsnnwa

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 22, 2014, 05:28:33 am »
The monster below recently started mining on the pool, this guy has to have over 1mill c/m.

"Pra7CmiuQKR1wnTS4Ps8KfG4bpA1kzse4B": 3.6886357952192643

http://mypts.eu.org/?a=Pra7CmiuQKR1wnTS4Ps8KfG4bpA1kzse4B

yes this is clearly not an individual person who has been doing this for long... looking at the track record from the website they clearly have an explosion in computing power they did not have before... I'm wondering if this is one of those botnets that people talk about hijacking pools with their stolen computing power...

assuming it was GPU power, it does come out to over 1 million cpm, and the dollar in hardware required would be close to a quarter million dollars... now if its using CPU power that number well more than doubles in cost... something about it just absolutely stinks...

in a one hour period on the 21st the computing power jumps almost 15x what it was using before... in just an 8 hour period they made almost $1000 in coins... something is fishy...

It wouldn't take $250k to reach 1mill cpm. I estimated it at ~$150k. But his activity is very suspicious, its like it took him a day or so to set up his rigs with the correct configs and then boom just throw them all at the pool at once.

Offline primer-

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 22, 2014, 02:42:03 am »
rejection rate is over 50% in the last 2 hours - moving 600 cores back to ypool!

Offline morecpmplz

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 22, 2014, 01:00:38 am »
Has anyone tested their daily PTS against Ypool and found it to be the same or more?  It seems like what I'm gaining from less fees is being negated by the 7-8% total rejection rate I have at the moment. (3% on one worker, 5.5% on another.)

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 22, 2014, 12:51:34 am »
at what point does Beeeeerr transfer PTS to my wallet? For example. Ypool transfers it at 1 PTS.

Also how can I see confirmed PTS using http://mypts.eu.org/  ???

it pays out after .2 coins and you can see confirmed blocks on that website below where it says...

"Last 100 confirmed blocks:"

it has the unconfirmed blocks just above it... usually a few... did you enter your PTS address where it says, PTS address to see your payout? and click submit?

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 22, 2014, 12:44:57 am »
The monster below recently started mining on the pool, this guy has to have over 1mill c/m.

"Pra7CmiuQKR1wnTS4Ps8KfG4bpA1kzse4B": 3.6886357952192643

http://mypts.eu.org/?a=Pra7CmiuQKR1wnTS4Ps8KfG4bpA1kzse4B

yes this is clearly not an individual person who has been doing this for long... looking at the track record from the website they clearly have an explosion in computing power they did not have before... I'm wondering if this is one of those botnets that people talk about hijacking pools with their stolen computing power...

assuming it was GPU power, it does come out to over 1 million cpm, and the dollar in hardware required would be close to a quarter million dollars... now if its using CPU power that number well more than doubles in cost... something about it just absolutely stinks...

in a one hour period on the 21st the computing power jumps almost 15x what it was using before... in just an 8 hour period they made almost $1000 in coins... something is fishy...

Offline kskwerl

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 21, 2014, 11:02:52 pm »
at what point does Beeeeerr transfer PTS to my wallet? For example. Ypool transfers it at 1 PTS.

Also how can I see confirmed PTS using http://mypts.eu.org/  ???